Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS: Ex-Bruce Anderson 1972 Hotrod

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 07:43 PM
metalracer
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default FS: Ex-Bruce Anderson 1972 Hotrod

Year: 1972
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 2147483647
Color: Smyrna Green
Price (no $ sign please): $265000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: None

BACKSTORY
I have been restoring and building high-level custom 911s as a sort of underground, word-of-mouth side business for 10-years. Earlier this year, I decided to go full-time with it, hence a new public image and we formally launched Zurlinden LLC at the Rennsport Reunion with a vendor booth - I may have been lucky enough to have met some of you while there! And, this car was exhibited Saturday and Sunday.

THE CAR
Nearly 20 years ago, when I finally had just enough money to buy my first 911, a copy of Bruce Anderson's book was given to me from a good friend. Needless to say, my education in 911s is rooted to Bruce's book. Of course, I'd found his website and therein was a still-born project '72 for sale. For a few years afterwards, I frequented Bruce's website, always checking if the project car was still available. As tempted as I was, I never bothered Bruce about it, knowing I didn't have the scratch to buy it.

Fast forward to January last year, I'm at TRE looking to buy a '69E from a gent. That car wasn't quite what I was after so the fella pointed me to another car of his, a Mexico Blue '72 with RS flares and other goodies but needed completing. I liked that car and we struck a deal. While loading it all up, Dave B. saunters from his office and said, "good choice...you know that's Bruce's old car?" Yeeehaww, after all these years.....

I remember Bruce's original ad closing comments that he'd hoped to find a buyer that would complete the car with a similar vision to his own. While I don't think what I've done to the car is exactly inline with his intentions, I think I've done the car and him proud. Now, I hope to find a buyer that feels the same.

THE BUILD - BRIEFLY
A "gentleman's hotrod".

Life started for this car as a factory sunroof, factory A/C, Sepia, Sporto car. Since the original trans and motor are long gone and no prior damage to speak of, this car makes a good donor to become something special.

This is a complete restoration, leaving no stone unturned - everything has been touched in some way or another to ensure proper fitment, function, finishing, etc. Of course, worn and aged items get replaced with new.

The project started with a total teardown and media blasting with fabrication and bodywork following. It is now completely straight, consistent gaps, and finished in 2-stage Smyrna Green.

It has butt-welded 930 flares that are heavily metal worked to give them a vintage look - kinda ST-ish. I've modified the torsion tube and chassis to accept a G50-03 from a C2, and properly reinforced for coilovers.

3.4-liter motor with ITBs and EFI (320+hp on 91 pump gas), full stainless steel header/exhaust system (with heat) mated to G50-03 transmission with OS Gikken LSD. Dual master-cylnder brakes with Zuffenhaus 2.8 RSR calipers and 930 rotors. Bilstein RSR coilover struts, revalved for the car's weight and street/canyon carver use. Fox coilover rears. 2-stage springs front & rear for a comfortable highway ride but aggressive cornering. Tarrett RSR sway bars. 17x8 & 10" Fikse/Zuff Fuchs.

The interior to be finished with Lakewell dash, arm rolls, knee pads, carpet, arm rests, door pockets, etc. Leather Sport S seats (afternarket) with matching leather door cards, rear quarters and parcel tray. Upgraded A/C system but uses original early under-dash vent/controls.

Obviously the car is not completed and running so I'm happy to discuss making changes to suit the buyer.

PRICE
$265,000 OR, price adjusted based on your changes in specifications.

NOTE
If this car is not exactly your flavor, I have presently have 3 other chassis in stock that could be utilized for your custom build. Feel free to inquire!

--
Marc Zurlinden
831-242-0574 - tel
Attached Images     
Old 11-03-2015, 07:57 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 125 Posts

known Marc for a long time...great guy and fantastic builder! Anyone would be lucky to have this car!! I'm going to be jealous when this thing is sold! Good luck marc!
Old 11-03-2015, 07:58 PM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The dark blue 911 on your site is very cool. Good luck with the sale of your current offering.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:48 AM
metalracer
Instructor

Thank you, gents! We do put in a massive amount of effort to build very high quality cars, and in doing so, consider every aspect of the car relative to its intended use, to make the very best cars we can. We like to build strong and reliable cars that are well-appointed and useful.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:58 AM
RDH
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice...How long for a build process on average....
Old 11-04-2015, 10:24 AM
metalracer
Instructor

Originally Posted by RDH
Nice...How long for a build process on average....
This car needs about 6-weeks to complete, test and debug. Other projects vary based on existing backlog, client's wish list, the condition of the donor car, sometimes parts procurement plays a hand, but generally speaking, a car like this would take about 6-8 months.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:07 PM
metalracer
Instructor

I forgot to mention I have 3.8-liter motor and close-ratio 6spd gearbox options for this car, too.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:36 PM
metalracer
Instructor

Offers and/or trades considered.......

Quick Reply: FS: Ex-Bruce Anderson 1972 Hotrod