Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2011 997.2 Turbo S - Cream White over Black/Terracotta MLB Pitcher Owned

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 07:51 PM
robertoflay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Year: 2011
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 28000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Cream white
VIN: WP0AD2A90BS766819
Price (no $ sign please): $88500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: PDK
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Turbo
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Originally Posted by ForceReconTrojan
I have to agree. I have made my points in this thread about how I would have presented the car and pricing but I truly want the seller to get every dollar he can for the 911. He seems pleasant enough on the board it would be hard to imagine him being anything but cordial on an inquiry to purchase.

Thanks! Like I had mentioned before I don't sell cars often and appreciated your comments about ways to improve my listing. At this point I'm happy to keep my car as long as I find suitable covered and hopefully affordable parking in NYC or sell it at my asking price which will surely make a fellow enthusiast happy as well!
Old 08-21-2018, 08:11 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Originally Posted by robertoflay
Thanks for the first GLWS and subsequent polite comments
My pleasure Sir. Enjoy the vacation.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:34 PM
ForceReconTrojan
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by robertoflay
Thanks! Like I had mentioned before I don't sell cars often and appreciated your comments about ways to improve my listing. At this point I'm happy to keep my car as long as I find suitable covered and hopefully affordable parking in NYC or sell it at my asking price which will surely make a fellow enthusiast happy as well!
You're welcome.

It's stressful enough selling a car regardless how many you have done. They generally outside our homes tend to be our most expensive purchases and we take pride in them and think they are worth whatever we're asking for them. Parking must be a nightmare in NYC. Best of luck.

If you ever relist the car I suggest taking high rez pictures, a lot of them covering every inch of the car. remember you have potential buyers around the world and they may not be able to see the car in person, showcase it, eliminate all doubt and show them it is worth every penny you're asking for. Don't be afraid of any little niggles, showcase them, document and let the car stand on its own. It will save you pointless emails and conversation and get you closer to a buyer.

My recent sale I wrote the copy over a weekend, selected 50 pictures and ended up using 65. The car sold in hours and most people commented more on the ad than the car More is better in this case.

Best of luck no matter what you end up doing.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:48 PM
Vladimir Tsukano
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ForceReconTrojan
My recent sale I wrote the copy over a weekend, selected 50 pictures and ended up using 65. The car sold in hours and most people commented more on the ad than the car
ForceReconTrojan -- Exceptional points! FYI - For another solid example see this: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-bmw-850csi-4

Old 08-22-2018, 12:14 AM
SeanP
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been watching this ad for months. If this car was on the west coast, I'd already have it in my garage.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:14 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

^^^ why would and quick transport trip prevent your purchase? ^^^
Old 08-22-2018, 10:48 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,722 Likes on 1,463 Posts

For me, it's about being half way across the country and not really having a clear idea of how the color looks in person and not being able to really judge the condition due to very mediocre photographs...

Quick Reply: 2011 997.2 Turbo S - Cream White over Black/Terracotta MLB Pitcher Owned