Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS: PORSCHE 996 GT3 "LIGHTWEIGHT" RS CARRERA WHITE TRACK READY OVER $60K IN PARTS

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 12:03 AM
LAH
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Default FS: PORSCHE 996 GT3 "LIGHTWEIGHT" RS CARRERA WHITE TRACK READY OVER $60K IN PARTS

Year: 2004
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: GT3
Mileage (numbers only please): 26000
Color: Carrera White
VIN: WP0AC29924S692426
Price (no $ sign please): $89900
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: None

Thanks for taking a look guys! After going back and forth for the passed couple weeks I have decided to move in the direction of putting my one of a kind Porsche 996 GT3 “lightweight” (as I like to call it) on the market. I have owned this car for a year and actually bought it with the intention of reselling it through my dealership. However, I immediately fell in love with it and came up with the idea of turning this car in to the lightest possible version of itself without sacrificing any of it’s “roadability”. And I have done just that.

The only reason I kept this car for myself was just how perfect it was in it’s stock form. The paint was original, no signs of track use, great interior and an incredible drivetrain. What this car lacks stock is it’s suspension and exhaust flow/sound. So thats where I started. I went ahead and purchased brand new Porsche OEM 997 GT3 headers (I didn’t want anything used to go on this car) BBI side muffler bypass pipes and a 997 GT3 center muffler along with black Sharkwerks tips. Along with that came the need for a different rear bumper because of the exit relocation. I wrestled with going with a knock off but ended up sourcing a brand new Porsche Motorsport 996 Cup Kevlar/Carbon fiber rear bumper which weighs absolutely NOTHING.

Next up was the suspension issue. I tried everything the OEM setup had to offer and coming off a GT4 I was not getting anything close to what I wanted. So literally every single suspension component with the exception of the thrust arms has been replaced with monoball fully adjustable bits. First order of business was the wheel carriers/uprights. I went ahead and got OEM Porsche lightweight 996 GT3RS Magnesium front and rear uprights which allow for more camber and obviously save weight. Next I went with MCS 2-Way adjustable’s with external canisters for dampening, Eibach 700/900 springs with helper springs, new wheel bearings and hubs, RSS Front Toe Links, RSS Rear Toe Links, RSS Rear Dog Bones, RSS Front and Rear Control Arms with adjustable Thrust arm insert, Tarett Front and Rear Sway Bar Drop links, RSS Engine Mounts, Cantrell Motorsports Transmission Mounts, Girodisc Front and Rear rotors (350mm rear conversion) and to top it off everything was installed, corner balance and aligned by Tony and Joe at TC Design in Campbell California. The car drives like a 997 GT3 with the rawness and light feel of the 996.

After living with the suspension for a few weeks next I wanted to have a little more fun with the engine/transmission. So I had the 997 RS 4.0 Lightweight Flywheel kit installed, a brand new Guards Limited Slip Differential (whole new unit…not rebuild), an IPD Plenum with 82mm 997 GT3 Throttle body and an EVOMsit tune. All of these parts (along with the suspension bits) were purchased through Sharkwerks and the install done by my local Porsche mechanic. At the same time these parts were installed all of the coolant lines were pinned (not welded) and all rubber, water pump, coolant expansion tank, seals, diff bearings, etc etc were replaced. Not because they needed it, but because I wanted it to be perfect. The engine and tranny were also cleaned while they were out along with the underside of the car. We also rebuilt/overhauled all four calipers. Again, was not needed, but for piece of mind in case I ever tracked the car. In addition to all of this I installed a Numeric Racing ball bearing Shifter, Numeric Racing shifter cables and a 997 GT3 Shift ****.

I next ordered a brand new OEM Porsche 996 GT3RS carbon fiber hood, OEM Porsche 996 GT3RS Lexan rear window, OEM Porsche 996 GT3RS front bumper cover and OEM 996 GT3RS carbon mirror covers. I did not do the rear wing because it isn’t any lighter then the OEM one and I think this car flows with it’s existing wing. To save weight even further I bought a Voltfreaks 5 pound lithium-ion battery (which shaves 43lbs off the front of the car), I did away with the windshield and headlight washer system (16lb weight savings) built my own custom lightweight door panels modeled after the 964 RS (9lb weight savings) and I also did an OEM Porsche MOMO 996 Cup steering wheel which definitely adds to the smaller car/lighter feel. I do have the original 996 Airbag if you want to add it back on, however after driving it you will not want to.

When installing the 996 GT3RS front bumper with vents I didn’t want this option just for looks…I wanted it to function. So with the help of the 996 GT2 chimney I executed the radiator tilt and made the center radiator functional for increased down force like you would see on the newer GT cars. This was NOT easy! Even the 996 GT3RS did not have this option from Porsche!!!

To finish it up a Porsche Tequipment Roll Bar was added, OZ Allegerita wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2’s and Titanium wheel studs, Riviera Blue Seat belts and door pulls from the 996 RS and of course…a Porsche OEM Riviera Blue GT3 sticker/badge with the RS cut off. Even though this car is every bit “RS” I refuse to badge it something it’s not. All in all I have shaved 223 lbs off of this car with all of these parts/modifications. I’m very proud of the fact that every single part with the exception of the suspension is OEM Porsche. Nothing was overlooked on this car or dollars spared. The condition of the car when it came to me was near perfect but any interior piece that was even remotely scratched or worn was replaced. This car in every sense of the word is PERFECT. While the 996 may not be the prettiest 911, having owned and driven most every modern day Porsche this car is definitely the most engaging, raw, involved and exciting there is.

Below is a list of every single part and modification on the car if you do not feel like reading through the novel above. I am asking $114,900 with a small amount of flexibility. I bought the car with 21,500 miles on it and it currently has just over 25,000. The other major fact about this car is that it’s 1 of 85 Carrera White cars that came to the US in 2004 and has never seen a track, sadly. These cars are trading anywhere from $75-$90k currently depending on mileage/color and will only keep going up…especially in white…you NEVER see them. Yes you can get a 997 GT3 for right around that and maybe even a decently spec’d GT4…but TRUST ME, speaking from experience they WILL bore you after driving this thing. I have gone head to head with 997.2 GT3’s and this car is as fast or faster.

2004 Carrera White 996 GT3
OEM GT3RS Front Bumper with radiator downforce modification
OEM GT3 Cup Rear Bumper kevlar/carbon with OEM Cup tow hook
OEM GT3RS Carbon Fiber hood with Porsche crest decal (original hood included)
OEM GT3RS Lexan Rear Window
OEM GT3RS Decklid ram air scoop
OEM GT3RS Carbon fiber mirrors
OEM GT3RS Riviera Blue seat belts
OEM Porsche 996 Cup front splitter
OEM Porsche 997 GT3 full exhaust
OEM Porsche 997 RS 4.0 LWFW kit
OEM Porsche 996 Radio Delete shelf (reversible if you want music)
OEM Porsche 996 Carbon center console, dash surround, cluster surround and door sills
OEM Porsche 997 Alcantara shift ****
OEM Porsche 996 Clubsport Black Leather buckets
OEM Porsche 996 Cup Steering wheel
OEM Porsche 996/997 Tequipment Roll Bar
OEM GT3RS Magnesium front and rear wheel carriers/uprights
RSS Rear Dog Bones
RSS Front and Rear Toe Links
RSS Front and Rear Controls Arms with Thrust Arm bushing
Tarett Front and Rear Sway Bar drop links
MCS 2-Way Adjustable Dampers with external canisters
Eibach 700F/900R Springs with helper springs
Girodisc Front and Rear (350mm Rear conversion) rotors
Numeric Racing ball bearing shifter
Numeric Racing shifter cables
RSS Engine Mounts
Cantrell Motorsports transmission mounts
Guards Transmission Limited Slip Differential
IPD Plenum 82mm 997 GT3 Throttle body
EVOMsit/Sharkwerks Tune
OZ Allergerita wheels
Titanium Wheel stud kit
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires
Custom 964 RS replica door panels in Alcantara
XPEL full front end coverage, rocker panels, rear bumper, mirrors
Coolant Lines Pinned (not welded)
Caliper Overhaul/Rebuild, New Brake Hardware/Pads
Voltfreaks Lightweight 5LB Lithium-ion Battery

Last but not least, probably the coolest addition of all is Andreas Preuninger signed and “blessed” the car this year at Monterey Car Week. He said himself while sitting in it “this brings me back to the most exciting GT car”. It will be sad to see it go but exciting for someone to get to enjoy the car as much as I have. Please feel free to call, text or PM with any questions at all.
-Phil
916-220-9563

***UPDATE*** 11/1/17 I'm pulling the Carrera GT seats for sale separately as well as the Recaro's. The only seats offered with the car now will be the black leather Euro Clubsport buckets for $99,650. I will update with pictures of those seats this weekend.

***UPDATE*** 11/13/17 I mounted the Euro Clubsport seats this weekend and will add photos here of them separately so you can see the condition of the backs under better light. The shells are flawless on the back, never scuffed or scraped. Price drop to $89,900.
Attached Images                         

Last edited by LAH; 11-16-2017 at 02:44 AM.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:51 AM
elombard
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YOu sir have a problem....a car OCD problem of the best kind :-)

GLWS - what a set up.

Last edited by elombard; 09-04-2017 at 09:51 AM. Reason: sp
Old 09-04-2017, 10:36 AM
Jferrante
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts

Cool - interested to see where this one trades at..
Old 09-04-2017, 11:26 AM
4PTZERO
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

amazeballs.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:34 PM
gt2-josh
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I can vouch for the seller and the car. I'm a 996 fanatic and this is as good as it gets. It's perfect, bullet proof and offers the best driving experience of any Porsche GT car I've driven and that includes my 996 GT2s, 997 GT2, 997 GT3 and 997 GT3 RS "lightweight". I am pleading with the seller to keep it but if he does sell it I wish him GLWS!! Best Josh PS I'd suggest sourcing a copy of the Evo Mag where they first tested the 996 GT3.1 on the original Targa Florio route. They absolutely love this platform and this example is lighter, quite a bit more powerful, and improved in every regard. I'd also check the boards circa 2004-2005 for totally stock 996 GT3 dyno results. These cars produce significantly more horsepower than the figures rated by Porsche....and that's before the updates to this car. Awesome!!
Old 09-04-2017, 05:11 PM
theHounder27
8th Gear

Very well crafted car. Lots of solid choices made in the build. Hoping you find a buyer that can appreciate this car.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:28 PM
LAH
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by elombard
YOu sir have a problem....a car OCD problem of the best kind :-)

GLWS - what a set up.
Ha! You and my wife are in agreement...she has me in contract for no modifications on the next car!

Originally Posted by sroc5
amazeballs.

Originally Posted by gt2-josh
I can vouch for the seller and the car. I'm a 996 fanatic and this is as good as it gets. It's perfect, bullet proof and offers the best driving experience of any Porsche GT car I've driven and that includes my 996 GT2s, 997 GT2, 997 GT3 and 997 GT3 RS "lightweight". I am pleading with the seller to keep it but if he does sell it I wish him GLWS!! Best Josh PS I'd suggest sourcing a copy of the Evo Mag where they first tested the 996 GT3.1 on the original Targa Florio route. They absolutely love this platform and this example is lighter, quite a bit more powerful, and improved in every regard. I'd also check the boards circa 2004-2005 for totally stock 996 GT3 dyno results. These cars produce significantly more horsepower than the figures rated by Porsche....and that's before the updates to this car. Awesome!!
Thanks buddy! Your bar and seats have helped it come to life!

Originally Posted by theHounder27
Very well crafted car. Lots of solid choices made in the build. Hoping you find a buyer that can appreciate this car.
Thanks man, I hope so as well!
Old 09-04-2017, 08:29 PM
RyanZ06
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

when you're ready to part that thing out, I'll be waiting to buy a lot of those parts
Old 09-04-2017, 08:49 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Sweet car
Old 09-04-2017, 11:57 PM
LAH
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Forgot to add that I have two keys, original books, all service records from my ownership, parts invoices and title is in hand. Happy to assist with PPI as well!

Last edited by LAH; 11-13-2017 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:29 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 916 Posts

nice seats
Old 09-05-2017, 01:27 AM
LAH
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nizer
nice seats
Thanks man! They're for sale too!
Old 09-05-2017, 11:45 AM
racerboy
Advanced

You don't have any original parts?
Old 09-05-2017, 11:55 AM
LAH
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by racerboy
You don't have any original parts?
Some of the parts I did resell to offset the costs I invested...but things like the original hood, airbag for the steering wheel and a couple other things I do still have. The only major items I suppose are the suspension and the exhaust? Which after driving this vs. a stock 996 GT3 you would never dream of going back. And the point of keeping every part that could be OEM Porsche (down to the toe hook on the back) was to retain originality and the value of that quality. Obviously any additional part I have for the car will be included as well.

Last edited by LAH; 11-13-2017 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:31 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Received 711 Likes on 357 Posts

Absolute perfection right there. I too can vouch for the seller. Bought a bunch of his parts that didn't make the cut lol (i.e., his non-oem cup bumper, some used 997 gt3 headers, etc... ). He was an absolute gentleman and described every little nick, scratch, or issue. You can take this seller at his word. GLWS!

Quick Reply: FS: PORSCHE 996 GT3 "LIGHTWEIGHT" RS CARRERA WHITE TRACK READY OVER $60K IN PARTS