Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

WTB: Cayman R or Boxster Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 07:05 PM
czing
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Year: 2012
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 10000
Color: Any
Price (no $ sign please): $0
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Hi Guys, thanks for all the replies. I definitely got a number of options both low millage and LWB for the Spyder -- but ultimately decided that since it will be my daily car the Spyder just isn't practical enough.

As far as the Cayman R, I never found the example that was perfect for me. Some higher millage examples were offered. I did receive a sale offer on the most beautiful low millage R I have seen to date, but the ask was 75k (and reasonably so), which unfortunately is more than I was looking to spend.

In lieu of the low R supply I believe that I will be going for a new M2 instead. I am excited about this car and believe it will make for a great dd. I am currently deciding between a LBB w DCT and performance exhaust or a performance edition (which comes w the sports exhaust and performance coilers, but the only color option is white).

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:20 PM
RaycatenaPorsche
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by czing
Hi Guys, thanks for all the replies. I definitely got a number of options both low millage and LWB for the Spyder -- but ultimately decided that since it will be my daily car the Spyder just isn't practical enough.

As far as the Cayman R, I never found the example that was perfect for me. Some higher millage examples were offered. I did receive a sale offer on the most beautiful low millage R I have seen to date, but the ask was 75k (and reasonably so), which unfortunately is more than I was looking to spend.

In lieu of the low R supply I believe that I will be going for a new M2 instead. I am excited about this car and believe it will make for a great dd. I am currently deciding between a LBB w DCT and performance exhaust or a performance edition (which comes w the sports exhaust and performance coilers, but the only color option is white).

Thanks for the help guys.

Sorry to hear that. I just got word our 16' Boxster spyder is readily available. it has under 1800 miles, FULLY wrapped in a clear bra. Carrara white too.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:26 PM
smyers528
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

I sold my GT4 and kept my R (manual, buckets, PTS orange) and havent regretted it s single day. It has such a connection and is much more challenging to drive fast, which I see as a positive. You can't beat the hydraulic steering feel either.

I've tracked a new M2 at Laguna, its very capable but would/could never have the emotional connection of the R. I searched for 2 years to find this car, I know its hard but maybe give it a bit more time.....?

Goodluck either way...
Old 06-10-2017, 07:01 PM
stjoh
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by smyers528
I sold my GT4 and kept my R (manual, buckets, PTS orange) and havent regretted it s single day. It has such a connection and is much more challenging to drive fast, which I see as a positive. You can't beat the hydraulic steering feel either.

I've tracked a new M2 at Laguna, its very capable but would/could never have the emotional connection of the R. I searched for 2 years to find this car, I know its hard but maybe give it a bit more time.....?

Goodluck either way...
Also sold my GT4, seriously considering getting an R. PTS Orange would be awesome, can't be many of those around. Let me know if you ever consider selling.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:38 PM
smyers528
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

I'll let you know if it ever goes up for sale, to my knowledge its the only orange one......in the world (Jeremy Clarkson voice)

Here are some pics from when I first tried to buy it:
http://www.rarecarsforsaleblog.com/2...sche-cayman-r/
Old 06-14-2017, 08:57 PM
stjoh
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by smyers528
I'll let you know if it ever goes up for sale, to my knowledge its the only orange one......in the world (Jeremy Clarkson voice)

Here are some pics from when I first tried to buy it:
http://www.rarecarsforsaleblog.com/2...sche-cayman-r/
Beautiful!
Old 06-22-2017, 12:54 PM
RaycatenaPorsche
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone?
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...er-spyder.html
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: WTB: Cayman R or Boxster Spyder