Sponsored by:

Rear Emblem

Old 07-14-2019, 08:19 PM
HLCinCOU
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dynemd View Post
I get it, but a gold crest with red does not go with my silver car at all. I've got one from Carrera East on both my 996 and 997- all black. I;m thinking about the nickel plate and black/silver though.
Well personally I think it goes with every color on every car. But I did go out of my way to point out my heraldry point was silly, so...glad you got something you like.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:20 PM
HLCinCOU
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by North Shore 911 View Post
I’m with StriperSteve .... I like the overall dimensions and placement of the model designation on our 997’s, although I did add just a LITTLE bling to the stock badging on my 4S Cab
Yeah the red does look good on black. I wouldn't feel as good about it on my meteor gray example.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:32 PM
myw
Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looks good.

Originally Posted by North Shore 911 View Post
I’m with StriperSteve .... I like the overall dimensions and placement of the model designation on our 997’s, although I did add just a LITTLE bling to the stock badging on my 4S Cab

makes sense.

Originally Posted by HLCinCOU View Post
Meanwhile, my 997.2 has the stock "Carrera 4S" badging, and I intend to keep it. It's not about looks, really, but identification. If someone sees a 911 and doesn't immediately know it's a 911, that person also doesn't care. So the straight 911 badge doesn't do anything functional. Same story with the P O R S C H E lettering. By contrast, I regularly see a 911 and wonder which sub-model it is; the badging quickly explains it to me and I can be all like "oh, a 4 GTS...nifty" or whatever.

That said, lots of the examples above look great. Do what you feel...

totally fair. certain decklids have more room then others for badging imho. the oem aerokit wing has the least (fits one row of letterstops), while the standard decklid (and definitely the oem sport classic ducktail/decklid) has more room to fit 2 rows (has to be smaller sized 991 badging). the sport classic ducktail/decklid especially is large (and plain) enough that the oem application of 2 rows (with what looks to be the smaller sized 991 font) made great sense and looks aesthetically perfect to me.

Originally Posted by boxtaboy View Post
You’re right that the placing is wrong on that example, but I still think that 2 rows of writing on the back lid of the 997 is kinda too busy looking. JMHO.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:35 PM
dynemd
User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-14-2019, 08:40 PM
dynemd
User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although not traditional this new 992 style wouldn't be too bad... I'd go without the PORSCHE

Old Yesterday, 11:30 PM
scadams
User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Porsche Black (041) “Carrera” and Carmine Red (M3C) “S”

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: