Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2000 Caterham R500 Superlight Super 7 for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 02:20 PM
ByeEnzo
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 80 Posts
Default 2000 Caterham R500 Superlight Super 7 for Sale

Year: 2000
Make: Lotus
Model: Elan
Mileage (numbers only please): 2500
Color: Yellow/black CF trim
VIN: sdkldklnsy0021665
Price (no $ sign please): $37500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Speedster
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: None

Please note that the listing program would not allow me to choose Caterham as the make so I had to pick "Lotus".

I have owned this car (belovedly known as the "School Bus") for almost 8 years. I am the second owner. The car was built by Rocky Mountain Sportcars for a well heeled enthusiast in Portland, OR. I purchased it from an exotic dealer in Portland and have used it purely as a track weapon. I have a clean title but never registered it for the road. This car is a go-cart on steroids and certainly represents the most fun you can have with your clothes on. The car was built with aluminum bucket seats, a fire suppression system, no hand brake, and a front laminar lip rather than a windshield. It has a detachable racing Momo steering wheel, 5 point harnesses, and an AMB transponder for timing laps. Tons of CF including the dash. Safety cut-off switch and Odyssey battery.
The motor is a 2.0 Zetec putting out approx. 220 bhp. with JE hi comp pistons, Kent rally cams, aluminum race sump, TWM throttle bodies, TEC-II ecu with integral coil packs, light flywheel and heavy duty 9" clutch. The motor was rebuilt in early 2009 to the tune of $10,000 (I have the receipts). The gearbox is a 5 speed Sierra. DeDion with LSD. I'm 6'4" and didn't want my head to be the rollbar. I had a higher rollbar and side protection bars fabricated, powder coated, and padded. This car is a well know fixture at Motorsports Ranch here in Fort Worth, Tx. I have taken to it COTA (F1 track in Austin) twice and had a blast torturing Porsches, Vette's, Ford GT's, and other high HP cars. It comes with brand new sticker Hoosier slicks. This car is reliable, lightweight (1180 lbs with a full fuel load), and certainly cheaper to track than most sports cars. It is ideal for track days and autoX. I have all records and receipts back to new.
The only "issues" with the car are nonfunctional turn signals (? bad relay or switch...never bothered with it since its a track car) and a worn speedo "quill" off the tranny which has rendered the speedo and ODO inop. There is one small dent in the rear of the car where I bumped it in the garage with my spec Miata by mistake. The motor has 30 hrs since rebuild (I have maintained a logbook). Fluids have been changed religiously and no expense spared on maintainance. This is a weapons grade track machine. Corners on rails and very predictable.
Will be happy to forward more info or answer questions.
Email: ajcadambi at yahoo dot com
cell: eight one seven nine four six three seven seven five
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: 2000 Caterham R500 Superlight Super 7 for Sale