Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS: 45k-Mile 1996 Porsche 911 Carrera 6-Speed

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 11:04 AM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 125 Posts
Default FS: 45k-Mile 1996 Porsche 911 Carrera 6-Speed

Year: 1996
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993
Mileage (numbers only please): 44624
Color: Guards Red
VIN: WP0AA299XTS322765
Price (no $ sign please): $62993
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

**UPDATED 11-5-19**

Back up for sale is my 1996 Porsche Carrera (C2) Coupe w/ just under 45k mi on it.

I purchased the car in January 2016 from Holt Motorsports w/ 39k mi - https://www.holtmotorsports.com/inve...upe-39K/322765

Details as follows:
WP0AA299XTS322765
Guards Red
Cashmere/Black-Partial Leather
P01 Comfort Package
445 Rim Caps (4) w/Porsche Crest
398 17" Wheels w/Cup Design Rims
437 Full Power Seat-Left
159 Motor Sound Package
490 HI-FI Sound Pkg w/Speakers
75,945.00 Sticker

I have records back to 2009. The car has a Clean Carfax and shows i'm the 4th owner, however i believe that owners 1 & 2 were the same, making me the 3rd owner.

Car comes with owners manuals, 2 keys w/ remotes, full tool kit, jack, compressor and spare.

Prior to my ownership (per my records):
-10/09 @ 36,915 - oil and filter change
-3/11 @ 37,099 mi - New clutch kit and new Power Steering Pump

During my ownership:
-9/16 @ 40,675mi - oil and filter change (Joe Gibbs DT-50), along with cabin/pollin filters and FD SSK and Golden Rod Install
-7/17 - Evac & Recharge A/C
-7/17 - Replaced both Shifter box Bushings (Bearing Sleeves)
-6/18 - 42,833mi - Major Service - oil change (Joe Gibbs DT-50), brake fluid flush, Replaced Drive belts (3) total, Replaced Alternator belt sensor, replaced Caps, Rotors, Plugs, air filter and fuel filter, Cleaned ISV and Mass Air Sensor
-6/19 - 44,458 mi - Installed new OEM brake pads & brake rotors, installed new Plug wires, Installed Rothsport Steering rack bushings, Replaced front wheel bearings, Replaced inner and outer rear axle boots, Replaced front and rear hub/axle locking nuts
7/19 - Alignment performed

Modifications:
Interior:
-Custom 996 3-Spoke Steering Wheel, thumb rests removed and wheel thickened
-Audio - Alpine CDE-HD149BT, Morel Virtus 602 fronts, Pioneer TS-G1041R 2-Way rears, Genesis Profile Two Ultra Amp - have original hifi Nokia amp and hifi speaker pods

Suspension:
-ERP toe links
-Rothsport Steering Rack Bushings

Transmission:
-FD Short Shift Kit
-FD Goldenrod

Engine:
-C4 engine mounts

Exterior:
-Xpel PPF by Detailing Dynamics - full bumper, full hood, winglets, inner fenders (front & rear), headlights & fog lights
-Bergvill HIDs
-18in Turbo Twists w new Continental ExtremeContact DWS Tires.

Otherwise, this car is full sorted!

Asking $62,993. PPI's welcome!

Last edited by GBX; 12-18-2019 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:14 PM
jto24
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I love this! Side note, how was dealing with Holt? They seem to keep a clean inventory!
Old 08-16-2019, 07:15 PM
eXpensiveGears
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 22 Posts

beautiful car, GLWS!
Old 08-16-2019, 11:00 PM
2swoosh
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 201 Posts
Default Holt

Originally Posted by jto24
I love this! Side note, how was dealing with Holt? They seem to keep a clean inventory!
Never dealt with this company but heard + things about them been in the P car business a long time. It never hurt to check with BBB
Old 08-17-2019, 01:26 AM
Holtmotorsports
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by 2swoosh
Never dealt with this company but heard + things about them been in the P car business a long time. It never hurt to check with BBB
Thanks for the kind words! My father started in the early 70's... 1972-ish if i remember correctly. I arrived on the scene ~12 years later and I don't have a single memory w/o dozens of 911's around haha. Rebuilding 915's in the garage at home (I was prob 4-ish so 'helping') was one of my earliest. We never joined triple-b and haven't heard from their sales reps i years for whatever thats worth :shrug

As I mention to everyone if you're local or just passing through town please feel free to swing by if even just for 5min to say hello. Always fun meeting new 'Porsche folks' and chatting about the cars!

Last but certainly not least good luck with the sale GBX - he's a solid guy and very meticulous with his cars!
Old 08-17-2019, 02:59 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jto24
Dealing with them was great. Very easy and honorable transaction, and you know from reputation that their cars are all going to be good! Tim Sr an Tim Jr are both great guys!

Originally Posted by eXpensiveGears
beautiful car, GLWS!
thanks!

Originally Posted by Holtmotorsports
Thanks for the kind words! My father started in the early 70's... 1972-ish if i remember correctly. I arrived on the scene ~12 years later and I don't have a single memory w/o dozens of 911's around haha. Rebuilding 915's in the garage at home (I was prob 4-ish so 'helping') was one of my earliest. We never joined triple-b and haven't heard from their sales reps i years for whatever thats worth :shrug

As I mention to everyone if you're local or just passing through town please feel free to swing by if even just for 5min to say hello. Always fun meeting new 'Porsche folks' and chatting about the cars!

Last but certainly not least good luck with the sale GBX - he's a solid guy and very meticulous with his cars!
ThanksTim! I wish I was closer. Would be in weekly if local. Always great p-cars to see.
Old 08-17-2019, 04:30 PM
AC/911's
Banned

Received 94 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm interested in a seat swap that was offered before, if New owner winds up in S Cal or AZ.....

Old 08-18-2019, 11:56 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 593 Likes on 376 Posts

I have visited many of the top purveyors of air-cooled Porsches around the country. Unfortunately, more than a few have reputations that are less than stellar. Holt, on the other hand, is one of the few for which I have never heard a single ill word. I visited "the Tim's" about 18 months ago and they could not have been more generous with their time and knowledge.

It is true that their prices are typically higher than many others. I believe it's just another example of "you get what you pay for."

Detailing Dynamics, the shop that installed the PPF, is top notch. They did some great work for me and I know guys from around the country ship cars to them for their great work.

I happen to be not far from this car, so if any out-of-towners need a Rennfax, I would be happy to help.

Based upon Holt, DD, and the incredibly tasteful mods this seller installed, I am guessing he's as top notch as the others. And I've never met the guy.

GLWS!
Old 08-18-2019, 02:49 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
I have visited many of the top purveyors of air-cooled Porsches around the country. Unfortunately, more than a few have reputations that are less than stellar. Holt, on the other hand, is one of the few for which I have never heard a single ill word. I visited "the Tim's" about 18 months ago and they could not have been more generous with their time and knowledge.

It is true that their prices are typically higher than many others. I believe it's just another example of "you get what you pay for."

Detailing Dynamics, the shop that installed the PPF, is top notch. They did some great work for me and I know guys from around the country ship cars to them for their great work.

I happen to be not far from this car, so if any out-of-towners need a Rennfax, I would be happy to help.

Based upon Holt, DD, and the incredibly tasteful mods this seller installed, I am guessing he's as top notch as the others. And I've never met the guy.

GLWS!
Thanks a lot!! Appreciate the kind words! Car is available for inspection anytime.
Old 08-30-2019, 09:54 AM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Bump
Old 09-13-2019, 02:09 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Still available.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:26 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 828 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Holtmotorsports

<snip>

A bump for GBX and good vibes to Holt.

Prior to purchasing my first 993 I was going thru a serious mental mastrrrrrrrbation phase regarding which variant to buy.
I was near Holt one work day ~ 10 years ago and they let me drive 5 or 6 of their cars as we chatted and had a great time.
I'd recommend that if you are in the market, you give them a shot at your business.

Craig
Old 10-18-2019, 11:49 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Wheels and seats are back to stock. Make me an offer on this fully sorted 993. I’m motivated to sell! Would rather it go to a Rennlister then a wholesaler.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:27 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

updated with pics of how the car is sitting today!
Old 12-15-2019, 11:39 PM
Flyincold
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this car still for sale?

Quick Reply: FS: 45k-Mile 1996 Porsche 911 Carrera 6-Speed