Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2016 Mustang GT350R w/ tech pack

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 02:58 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Modena 1
No one pays the air cooled prices. It's just fairly land. Even without sticking out of the Porsche world how is a rs america (not a real rs) worth more than a gt3?

I like this car. Haven't driven one yet. But I like it.
Oh plenty of people pay the air cooled prices. But it is crazy and makes no sense. It's all emotional.

That said, a 25 year old or older 911 is considered a classic. Most the time, a 25 year old or older Mustang is just an old Ford, with some very notable exceptions. Perhaps this car will be one of them.

Let's just hope "At Ford, Quality is Job #1", not Job #91, like through most of the last 4 decades

Time will tell if paying $100K for this car is smart or foolish. I wouldn't be interested, but to each his own
Old 05-14-2016, 03:53 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 881 Likes on 366 Posts

There are plenty of 25 year 911's that aren't classics...early 2000's 996 are definitely not classics. Unless you prefer your 911 to look like a boxster.
Old 05-14-2016, 04:07 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by richk
There are plenty of 25 year 911's that aren't classics...early 2000's 996 are definitely not classics.
Uhhh, 2016 minus 25 years doesn't equal early 2000's 996's either

But yes, the 996's are not great. Neither is basically any Mustang from the mid-1970s to the mid-2000's, with, like I said, a few notable exceptions.

On the other hand, almost every older 911 from it's inception in 1965 are considered collectible classics, except for the mid-1970s 911 and the 996.

So since, say, 1980 until 2005, there have a been a few years where the 911 stumbled. Inversely, the Mustang stumbled all those years, except for few special models, i.e. Cobra etc.

I've owned both a Ford Mustang and a few Porsches. I'd never own another Ford, and to be fair, neither a new Ford or a new VW, er, Porsche really interests me
Old 05-14-2016, 04:11 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 881 Likes on 366 Posts

My math is no good but in 9 years they will still be the ugliest 911's I have ever seen. I am a Porsche lover and especially anything 911. I drove a Gt350 and was very impressed...almost bought it.
Old 05-14-2016, 04:17 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by richk
My math is no good but in 9 years they will still be the ugliest 911's I have ever seen. I am a Porsche lover and especially anything 911. I drove a Gt350 and was very impressed...almost bought it.
Agreed. The 996 will go down as one of the rare mis-steps by Porsche with the 911 line. Compare that to Mustang tho. Every Mustang, except the 1960s-early 1970s, and the current crop, with a very few exceptions, were total dogs.
Old 05-14-2016, 05:11 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 354 Posts

I stopped by a small independent Ford dealer today. I had called them a year ago to express interest in thenGT350 R, and today I confirmed that I'm the one and only on the list. They told me the R versions are allocated based on how many standard GT350's they sell, and apparently they haven't sold enough. Given all the rednecks that live near the dealer, I'm sure it would be different if the metric was pickup trucks sold. :-)

Anyhow, the guy who owns the dealership does not believe in "bumping the price" so if they do ever get an allocation, it's mine at MSRP. The SA made it sound as though I could get a regular GT350 from them, but the R may be a bit of a stretch.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:48 PM
abcut973
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
I stopped by a small independent Ford dealer today. I had called them a year ago to express interest in thenGT350 R, and today I confirmed that I'm the one and only on the list. They told me the R versions are allocated based on how many standard GT350's they sell, and apparently they haven't sold enough. Given all the rednecks that live near the dealer, I'm sure it would be different if the metric was pickup trucks sold. :-)

Anyhow, the guy who owns the dealership does not believe in "bumping the price" so if they do ever get an allocation, it's mine at MSRP. The SA made it sound as though I could get a regular GT350 from them, but the R may be a bit of a stretch.
He's saying that to make you order one and then when the car is delivered he will jack up the price. Either way if you look at ebay there are several R for sale and they are not moving. So my guess is this mark up thing will be soon over!
Old 05-14-2016, 11:36 PM
Payaum shoushani
Intermediate

bump for a great seller
Old 05-14-2016, 11:52 PM
Marvinta
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by abcut973
He's saying that to make you order one and then when the car is delivered he will jack up the price. Either way if you look at ebay there are several R for sale and they are not moving. So my guess is this mark up thing will be soon over!
Especially when you consider that they will be making them for 4 more years. In 25 years will you be able to get back msrp on your 350R? Yes. Probably. From a money standpoint, you pay 37k over msrp because you want to be in the first wave. From a performance standpoint there is no arguement, it is a special car. From a financial standpoint , well as someone implied , I can't see the future but I do believe you can learn from the past and Ford has obvious patterns you can learn from.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:57 AM
fizzledorf
Advanced

Magnus should buy this, paint the front bumper and rear bumper some interesting vintage racing color and then sell it for double and watch the mustang market follow suit.

Quick Reply: 2016 Mustang GT350R w/ tech pack