Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

993 C4S wide body 1996

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 03:02 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Year: 1996
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993
Mileage (numbers only please): 89000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: midnight blue
VIN: WP0AA299XTS321762
Price (no $ sign please): $57500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Canada
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Originally Posted by DrewskiOne

Lastly, all things being equal and the car is as it appears to be (sweet), what's the resale going to be? How are you to present this car to the next guy and satisfy all if the questions that are being raised here?
And there in lies the problem for any one other than a Canadian buyer.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:24 PM
DrewskiOne
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by six gun
And there in lies the problem for any one other than a Canadian buyer.
Assuming Carfax is used in Canada as well, a Canadian buyer would also see the car's history.

After reading what the seller posted about Canada's rules on salvage cars, this car should now have a "Rebuilt" title. If not, then it wasn't inspected prior to receiving a new title.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:19 PM
lcorkum
Advanced

Garth,

I am disappointed to see this car on the market, it is what influenced me to buy my 993 C2 from Chuck and drive it all the way from California after you found it for me on Rennlist!!! I love your car and it is a keeper but I understand if your not using it and a collector of other models besides then it does make sense on some level. . I have loved my car ever since getting it and sure don't want to see it leave anytime soon. Rest assured whoever decides to come after this ride will not be disappointed! Garth is heads up in knowledge about the 993's in particular and has helped a lot of folks out with his Manufactured Tie Rod Pinning Kit including myself. Excellent price for the C4S and worth every penny, no one will go wrong with this purchase, doubt if it will last long. . .

All the best with the sale!

Lloyd
Old 09-01-2014, 01:22 PM
lcorkum
Advanced

Wish those LM's would fit my car, I think they are the best looking wheel on a 993 however there is a thread that says there are a million "Best Wheel Choices" so this one is strictly my own opinion, the second best choice is already on my car the MY02 Wheels off the 996. . .
Old 09-01-2014, 02:12 PM
KrisKringle
Helo Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 214 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by DrewskiOne
Assuming Carfax is used in Canada as well, a Canadian buyer would also see the car's history.

After reading what the seller posted about Canada's rules on salvage cars, this car should now have a "Rebuilt" title. If not, then it wasn't inspected prior to receiving a new title.
Well, if you read that part, maybe you should go back a few pages where the seller posts it's a rebuild title. I believe Garth has been pretty good about answering all questions here.
Your posts have added absolutely nothing aside of trying to derail the possible sale of what I know to be an awesome car.
Any interested parties I'm sure can arrange a PPI at one of the indy shops in Halifax and find out whatever details they may need, or to be assured of the quality of the repair.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:44 PM
Garth S
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy V
Looking to step up to a 928 GTS, Garth?

Well Randy, you know well my weakness for 928's, and midnight blue .... I could always consider a step down - I just need to see your title first

As my prior 928 mod & dyed in the wool GTS guy, I cannot think of a reason why you would stop by a 993 C4S F/S thread other that to monitor on behalf of R'List the explosion of the drama queens ... a derailment which continues.
Regardless, now that I've revisited this thread, perhaps I can make a few comments and observations.

I love a good laugh for the right reasons - but find myself laughing here for particularly unfortunate ones.

Firstly, the ad copy in post 1 is thoroughly accurate. It is clearly indicated that the passenger door and rocker were compromised 11 years ago .... .

Secondly, any one who contacted me with an interest in my car was informed directly and upfront that my Title was clear and free of liens - and has a 'rebuilt' designation. That is legal and binding to the title.

Thirdly, several posters entered comments, conjecture, speculation and opinion as to how the Title system works - mostly incorrect: I cannot correct ignorance on that level, but suggest that getting to know repair shop owners, appraisers, adjusters, and insurance brokers may help - I have all of the preceding amongst my friends - plus a conversant knowledge of vehicle registry law: I remain quite confident in having provided direct and truthful information.

Fourthly, back to the car itself .... for that is what this thread is intended to be: it was never presented as a garage queen, nor was it presented as an investment opportunity ( which is pointless for any vehicle IMHO) ... it is presented as a well set up driver that has had all the 'normal' failure points addressed: everything works, and as far as appearance, it holds up well indeed in any company of Porsches!!

Fifthly,
If anyone has an interest in owning the vehicle, just ask me for a scan of the title and pics of the USEPA/DOT compliance and emissions stickers - and drop by to your DMV and/or insurance broker to satisfy yourself that registry and retitle to your name is feasible: the barroom lawyers chipping in here are off base - and do not make these decisions.

I could go on .... but realize Randy, that I am still in a reply to your brief thread - and I have not been brief .... desole, mon ami.

In closing, I would like to drop by and see your GTS; however, a certain Mr mehoff (post #33) has suggested that my activity is fraudulent and clearly an exercise in title washing - and that the CA police would like to see me. It may be imprudent of me to visit CA at this time. If you see Mr mehoff, pleases pass on my regards - I am weak on first names, but somehow Jack rings a bell.
Later,
Garth
Old 09-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Jlbarnett
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Garth S
Secondly, any one who contacted me with an interest in my car was informed directly and upfront that my Title was clear and free of liens - and has a 'rebuilt' designation. That is legal and binding to the title.

Thirdly, several posters entered comments, conjecture, speculation and opinion as to how the Title system works - mostly incorrect: I cannot correct ignorance on that level
This is where the problem is. You refer to having a clear title, then the very next comment you say the title is "rebuilt"

The title is either clear, rebuilt, or salvage. Your title has a "rebuilt" denotation on it and therefore it is obviously not a "clear" title
Old 09-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Garth S
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlbarnett
This is where the problem is. You refer to having a clear title, then the very next comment you say the title is "rebuilt"

The title is either clear, rebuilt, or salvage. Your title has a "rebuilt" denotation on it and therefore it is obviously not a "clear" title
The 'clear title' in this region means that it is free of encumbrances other than liens --- such as shared title with an estranged spouse, impending divorce proceedings, locked in escrow, etc ..... and is clear for me to transact ie - I can freely sell, use as collateral, whatever at my sole discretion.. The rebuilt tag is an permanent addendum to a title document .
As already noted, this was clearly communicated to each interested party .... of which you are not one.

Are you transposing clean for clear? I have no idea of your thinking process.

You are playing word merchant and telling me that you have a problem - so as a non prospective buyer, what exactly is your problem?
Whatever you ramble on about does nothing to alter the fact that the title is both clear to my name and has a rebuilt designation.

If this is the sort of pointless game that motivates you, you must have an interesting life.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Tony.CO
Racer

Garth,

Bottom line is it's a great car. You seem like a straight honest shooter. And best of luck selling your car. Love that color!

Alright folks move on. I heard some guy was selling some repainted Cup 2 wheels as powder coated in the Parts section. Grab your torch and lets go hang the bastard!

Cheers
Tony
Old 09-01-2014, 09:33 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony.CO
I heard some guy was selling some repainted Cup 2 wheels as powder coated in the Parts section. Grab your torch and lets go hang the bastard!

Cheers
Tony
Lol!
Old 09-02-2014, 01:18 AM
DrewskiOne
Rennlist Member

I guess I wasn't the only one confused by the use of "clear title".

Okay, you don't have a lien on the car and the title is "rebuilt". Which means it's been inspected and all issues corrected.

Twenty posts later, the fact finding and interpreting on the part of interested parties, could have been avoided by stating the paragraph above from the get-go. The conversation was only derailed because these fact were not clearly stated. And agree with KrisKringle, that there is no value in confusing the facts about the car.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:42 AM
mehoff
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 38 Posts

Well Randy, you know well my weakness for 928's, and midnight blue .... I could always consider a step down - I just need to see your title first

As my prior 928 mod & dyed in the wool GTS guy, I cannot think of a reason why you would stop by a 993 C4S F/S thread other that to monitor on behalf of R'List the explosion of the drama queens ... a derailment which continues.
Regardless, now that I've revisited this thread, perhaps I can make a few comments and observations.

I love a good laugh for the right reasons - but find myself laughing here for particularly unfortunate ones.

Firstly, the ad copy in post 1 is thoroughly accurate. It is clearly indicated that the passenger door and rocker were compromised 11 years ago .... .

Thirdly, several posters entered comments, conjecture, speculation and opinion as to how the Title system works - mostly incorrect: I cannot correct ignorance on that level, but suggest that getting to know repair shop owners, appraisers, adjusters, and insurance brokers may help - I have all of the preceding amongst my friends - plus a conversant knowledge of vehicle registry law: I remain quite confident in having provided direct and truthful information.

Fourthly, back to the car itself .... for that is what this thread is intended to be: it was never presented as a garage queen, nor was it presented as an investment opportunity ( which is pointless for any vehicle IMHO) ... it is presented as a well set up driver that has had all the 'normal' failure points addressed: everything works, and as far as appearance, it holds up well indeed in any company of Porsches!!

Fifthly,
If anyone has an interest in owning the vehicle, just ask me for a scan of the title and pics of the USEPA/DOT compliance and emissions stickers - and drop by to your DMV and/or insurance broker to satisfy yourself that registry and retitle to your name is feasible: the barroom lawyers chipping in here are off base - and do not make these decisions.

I could go on .... but realize Randy, that I am still in a reply to your brief thread - and I have not been brief .... desole, mon ami.

In closing, I would like to drop by and see your GTS; however, a certain Mr mehoff (post #33) has suggested that my activity is fraudulent and clearly an exercise in title washing - and that the CA police would like to see me. It may be imprudent of me to visit CA at this time. If you see Mr mehoff, pleases pass on my regards - I am weak on first names, but somehow Jack rings a bell.
Later,
Garth
Now you are just being obtuse....choosing particular references/truths and straddling the line so a reader hopefully infures what you want them to. I never said what you did was illegal (in fact was very clear in may very well be allowed where you are), but your ad was clearly meant to deceive if it never referenced the rebuild/salvage title.

Being opaque with that very important information would seriously make me question what else you were "hiding in plain sight".

More importantly it's just a douchebag move.

(just as a point of reference, even though you are clearly a car savant that is beyond reproach or question, once a title is branded in CA is that way forever. Shows up otherwise you broke the law).

Funny part is that is a very desirable car and worth a ton of dough, just not full market value. A person looking to buy it to keep it forever will be stoked.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:00 AM
Jlbarnett
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 'clear title' in this region means that it is free of encumbrances other than liens --- such as shared title with an estranged spouse, impending divorce proceedings, locked in escrow, etc ..... and is clear for me to transact ie - I can freely sell, use as collateral, whatever at my sole discretion.. The rebuilt tag is an permanent addendum to a title document .
As already noted, this was clearly communicated to each interested party .... of which you are not one.

Are you transposing clean for clear? I have no idea of your thinking process.

You are playing word merchant and telling me that you have a problem - so as a non prospective buyer, what exactly is your problem?
Whatever you ramble on about does nothing to alter the fact that the title is both clear to my name and has a rebuilt designation.

If this is the sort of pointless game that motivates you, you must have an interesting life.
If you look at any ebay ad for any car, it clearly states the condition of the title as clear, salvage, or rebuilt. Clean and Clear surmise the same thing, that the car in question has never been totaled. The carfax obviously shows a salvage title was issued, whether the car has been rebuilt or not. As you can see, I am not the only one who thinks your ad is deceptive to this fact.

As far as being a prospective buyer, I would not have asked about re-importation (see page 1) or the status of the title (see page 2) if not interested. Obviously now, no I am not.

Good Luck with your sale
Old 09-02-2014, 03:00 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Old 09-02-2014, 03:15 PM
Mezger
Instructor

If you look at any ebay ad for any car, it clearly states the condition of the title as clear, salvage, or rebuilt. Clean and Clear surmise the same thing, that the car in question has never been totaled. The carfax obviously shows a salvage title was issued, whether the car has been rebuilt or not. As you can see, I am not the only one who thinks your ad is deceptive to this fact.

As far as being a prospective buyer, I would not have asked about re-importation (see page 1) or the status of the title (see page 2) if not interested. Obviously now, no I am not.

Good Luck with your sale
Why won't you americans ever understand that there are places on this world that (thankfully) don't belong to the USA.
Canadian laws are different, get it!

Quick Reply: 993 C4S wide body 1996