Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2004 BMW M3 e46 one owner low miles gorgeous

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 10:05 PM
FriedEgg
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Year: 2004
Make: BMW
Model: M3
Mileage (numbers only please): 16937
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Jet Black/ Cinnamon
VIN: WBSBL934X4PN55885
Price (no $ sign please): $34000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

I usually don't comment on for sale threads...good or bad.
Because I've just recently bought an E46 M for my daily, I have to say that it is extremely difficult to find one this nice. There are many in the market that are just crap and beaten to death...and consequently, are traded for much less. I'm just sorry that I didn't see this prior to buying mine.

To the seller...good luck. I think your ask is very fair. This is very nice example.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:15 PM
mznbleu
Instructor

Considering I picked up an 09 328i with sport package with 34k miles this past year for 28k, this car would be so much more fun for 5+k...unfortunately (or fortunately, ) just picked up a 87 930s and daily is 2010 X5M, so wife would definitely divorce me if I even mentioned yours...plus she is not learning to drive a manual on either! Sweet ride, you should get near ask, can't beat a well cared for enthusiast car! Thumb up!!!

Sent from my iPad using Rennlist
Old 11-13-2013, 10:20 PM
Razkal
Advanced

Great looking car!! I had an '02 M3 for 3 yrs - carbon black on imola red and it was an amazing car!

Good luck with the sale.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:02 AM
locus
Advanced

Wow, one of the cleanest E46 M3. I still have 02 E46 M3 and I thought mine was clean lol
Old 11-14-2013, 04:51 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Scca guy
I challenge you to find a nicer M3 for sale anywhere.
DINAN stage 3 with 19.5K miles asking $2K less.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1012275

I am casually looking so...
Old 11-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 98 Posts

Hey scca guy. My son was in the market for a like new e46 m3 like yours and looked for months. He bought one from Hancock motors in San Diego 2 weeks ago for $33,800. Yours is priced perfectly and is the current fair market price for something in that condition. Someone will get a great car for the money. GLWS.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:34 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I see nothing in that ad that mentions stage 3? Looks like stock exhaust to me?
Old 11-14-2013, 07:30 PM
nikitino25
Intermediate

Also that car has black interior which is not as desirable....Now if that thing had a Dinan supercharger, that's whole nother story......
Old 11-14-2013, 07:58 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Originally Posted by nikitino25
Also that car has black interior which is not as desirable....Now if that thing had a Dinan supercharger, that's whole nother story......
Exactly, cars with Cinnamon interior ALWAYS command a premium.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:44 AM
Hismajesty007
Cruisin'

Nice car. Best m3 engine. Wont sell at that price - too high. Nonetheless, glws.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Scca guy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My GOD!! What happened to forum etiquitte?
Old 11-15-2013, 11:08 AM
cracker
Track Day

Originally Posted by Scca guy
My GOD!! What happened to forum etiquitte?
This is exactly why the "Pelican" site DOES NOT allow ANY responses on the "Car for Sale" forum. Too many Numb-nut comments displaying poor judgment with their "insight" poorly reflects upon site management.

Don't miss this: REGARDLESS of what the buyer is "asking" - it is his/her car and unless "asked" for - should be left alone. I for one, do not recall the seller asking for advice, opinions, values, etc.

I haven't been here for a long, long time but would surely choose NOT to post a car for sale after seeing this "FS" attempt. Geez!
Old 11-15-2013, 11:32 AM
halik
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Heh I find it kind of funny that the only time sellers get upset about these comments is when they have a little bit of truth to them.

If someone posts a fairly priced car and some jackass responds with a lowball, all the other comments call out the jackass. If someone posts a car that's priced steep, someone eventually mentions that and then a million comments follow arguing whether it's ok or not to chime in with what the fair price is.

Either way, if you're kind of looking to sell if someone gives you the right amount of money, I don't see why you'd get upset about someone offering you bit under the fair value. If you're actually trying to sell the car, price it to the market, rather than argue with people about how it's priced fairly already.

BTW I would most definitely turn it back to stock and sell off the parts, you never recover the value from "bundle" deals like that. Especially on a super low mile mint car.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:48 PM
zirrah
Drifting

What the hell does working at a BMW dealer have anything to do with knowing the value of a car that hasn't been made in 8 years? Most bmw dealers haven't figured out the enthusiast market for E46's yet, in fact they're typically the cheapest place to buy.

And honestly, a search on cars.com in my area yields a bunch of cars right in this price range. Rock on scca!!!
Old 11-16-2013, 09:01 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ricster
My comments earlier were never to insult, I just happened to be in the market for such a car as a daily driver and come across many of them, also have a friend who works at a BMW dealer and we know the values, its a great car you have SCCA guy, I just wish it was more inline in what I have been seeing. One poster is correct, sell off the wheels and tires instead of bundling, bundling you wont recoup your investment. If you decide to sell it for the amount I was suggesting earlier, let me know.
If you don't want to buy it at his price then don't buy it. Get back on the bus and buy the lower priced car you want to buy. It's difficult to listen to people disagreeing on the value of anything, whether high or low. Quality can't always be seen to everyone. Next time you're looking to go out for dinner and decide you want steak go to Ruth's Chris and compare the menu prices to Outback... see if anyone there would like to school you on the differences...

Quick Reply: 2004 BMW M3 e46 one owner low miles gorgeous