Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2016 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS – PTS Riviera Blue -MT Still in the wrapper

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 10:47 PM
Suitcase
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 39 Posts

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 12
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: Riviera Blue
VIN: WP0AB2A90GS123223
Price (no $ sign please): $125395
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Both are very special cars in different ways.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:58 PM
Tony.CO
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My lord, I stand corrected. Gorgeous!
Old 05-16-2016, 12:58 AM
MemeMagno
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the Chicagoland area dealerships had been sold their 2015 and 2016 991.1 GTS with incredible discounts, and by far more loaded. PTS in blue does really justify to dismiss all the discounts and $15K over sticker?
Old 05-16-2016, 01:31 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice collection suit, your mint green is very nice - more pics please.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:08 AM
Suitcase
Racer

Default IF IT’S YOUR DREAM CAR DON’T **** AROUND AND GET THE DEAL DONE!

This was written prior to the introduction of the 911R. And as we know the R is almost unobtainable and don't even think about PTS. There may be a MT/NA GT3 coming but none of us know when, price or availability.

July 7, 2015

IF IT’S YOUR DREAM CAR DON’T **** AROUND AND GET THE DEAL DONE!
Earlier today I sold my 2011 Mexico Blue Porsche 997.2 / 3.8 GT3. This model is likely the last high performance Porsche 911 GT3 with a naturally aspirated (non-turbo) motor and manual transmission. It’s a rare car. The color is even rarer.

Have you noticed that manual transmissions are becoming as extinct? The current Porsche 991 GT3 model isn’t available with a manual transmission. And yes I understand that the PDK (automatic transmission) is not only excellent but makes the car faster. But unfortunately a lot of us car people prefer driving a stick; me included.
After the deal was done and the money was in the bank a “new” enthusiast from New Jersey called me wanting to buy the already sold car. He was very upset that the car was already sold. He said that my asking price was fair and he always wanted “that” car. He lamented not calling me earlier. It wouldn’t have mattered. I had 2 other serious buyers in front of him willing to part with my advertised asking price. I could have just told him it was sold and hung up but I kept talking to him. I love to talk about cars.

I told him that I had owned almost 60 Porsche 911’s and a 959. I further told him that I drove all my cars, including the 959, regularly. I’m not sure if that makes me an expert but I’ve certainly owned and driven a lot of Porsches.’ I’m a big believer that the cars should be driven. I’m not a fan of garage queens or warehouses full of great cars that never see the light of day. What a waste.

I advised him that it was my experience if there is a rare car for sale and you want it you need to move fast, be direct and aggressive. 2011 GT3’s are not that rare. But a Mexico Blue one is. There may only be 1 or 2 in the US. What are the chances that one would come up for sale? What are the chances that a four year old car would have only 6500 miles? What are the chances that the price would be fair in a strong market?
We’ve all heard the phrase “go find another.” But it’s true. If a car (or anything else for that matter) is rare, and you want it, don’t wait to make an offer and don’t quibble over a few dollars. The first buyer to contact me lost the car for less than 1%. He was sorry too.

I only know this because it’s happened to me; more than once, and I still lament the loss of the 1970 Daytona 24 Hours winning Gulf 917 for a relatively small amount of money. We all like to get a deal. And we all feel compelled to offer less than the asking price. But if you know your market, and more important the market direction, get the job done. The successful new owner offered me full asking price and figured out how to get me an immediate deposit on a bank holiday.

The car was first advertised late on Thursday afternoon July 2nd. By Friday July 3rd I had 2 serious lookers but no deal and no deposit. Both buyer 1 and 2 offered me slightly less than my asking price and wanted to get back to me after the holiday weekend. I even thought that because of the holiday no one could get me a deposit before Monday. Saturday was July 4th and the banks were closed. The successful buyer asked me where I banked. Because we both had accounts at the same bank he offered to make an internet inter-bank transfer into my account. I received a deposit within the hour.

The Mexico Blue GT3 is a good collectable Porsche. There are no chips, dings, over-revs or anything else other than a mar on the right rear wheel which I disclosed to all potential buyers. My asking price was somewhere between wholesale and retail. The value is probably going up….or at least not going down. There’s a lesson here about any deal. If you want it, and it’s rare, don’t **** around and get the deal done. The July 4th deposit was clever and impressive.

Now let’s get back to my conversation with the man from New Jersey. I suggested that he look at a White 10k mile 2011 GT3 3.8 RS I saw on Ebay. He said that an RS was too much car for him and then confided to me that it was the Mexico Blue that really attracted him. Even 10 years ago color may have been secondary to mileage and condition. In today’s market color means everything. PTS (paint to sample) Porsches’ bring substantial premiums. I then asked him if he had driven a current model Porsche (991) Carrera GTS. He said no.

The GTS is the most powerful naturally aspirated current generation Porsche 911 (pre-R intro) available with a manual transmission. In fact I like it better than the 2011 3.8 GT3 and it’s less money. The new Riviera Blue MT GTS is probably the only one of its kind and certainly the only new one. If you love NA Porsches’ with a manual transmission and Riviera Blue this is it.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:46 AM
DYSL
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Just curious, why not PDCC selected for this build?
Old 05-16-2016, 11:03 AM
Suitcase
Racer

I prefer a more mechanical feel. In '08 I intentionally ordered a non S Carrera because it retained a mechanical suspension. Just personal preference.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:40 PM
Blu311
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CAA
Good Lord the RB 993 CS is fantastic. Makes the 991 GTS look like its a got a severely underactive thyroid. GLWS!

Yes, love the 993.

And GLWS on the GTS, it is a beautiful car!
Old 05-16-2016, 03:14 PM
mrm 930
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry - this a build that has been done before that I still do not understand. PTS, painted key fob and other nice options - but NO full leather with opposing stitch?!!!!!

If I am ordering this car - it has to have full leather plus more leather options and a few CF ones too.

but - GLWS
Old 05-16-2016, 05:27 PM
greens
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mondrian
Nice collection suit, your mint green is very nice - more pics please.
+1

Wasn't thinking I would care for the Mint Green GTS picturing it in my head but it's a stunner. 993 RB is so much win.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:17 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Suitcase
Rare opportunity to own a very special and immediately collectable Porsche 911. This is one of the last Naturally Aspirated, 2016 911 Carrera GTSs' in PTS Riviera Blue; Manual Transmission, Sunroof Delete 430HP. Never driven. No stories. No PDI. (Buyer has the option) Stored correctly. 12 miles. $140,000.00 This is a very special car.

Why? I have another MT PTS Â’16 GTS. Fantastic car.

No more naturally aspirated non GT 911's

Exterior Paint to Sample. Non-Metallic
Standard Interior with Leather Sport Plus Seats
Seat Heating
Seat Ventilation
Sport Design Steering Wheel in Leather
Deletion of GTS on Side Doors
Rear Wiper
Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look
Leather Key Pouch
Deletion of Alcantara
Luggage net in passenger footwell
No Sunroof
Vehicle Key Painted
Bose Audio

Wall Street Journal:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/porsche-...rbo-1460653405
I don't know if it's going to become a collectable... But for now it's not a collectable.

Certainly a very very highly priced GTS. Def not my cup of tea, regardless of price tho. But someone may like it.

GLWS tho...
Old 05-17-2016, 02:56 AM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

So much speculation these days. This current sports car market is crazy. Get the money while you can. GLWS

Last edited by Bloose993TT; 05-17-2016 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:32 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

That's one beautiful machine! Glws.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:57 PM
Suitcase
Racer

Thank you
Old 05-17-2016, 05:59 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 144 Likes on 113 Posts

Colour/color aside.
Nice car with a real transmission.
I was just lamenting on the requirements of what I really need on a car...
radio, air conditioning, manual, from my 8o's car buying dreams and now 2016...
Don't need, sun roof, cruise, electric windows, leather.
Sounds like a premium priced car to me.

Quick Reply: 2016 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS – PTS Riviera Blue -MT Still in the wrapper