Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1988 911 coupe 71,000 miles, silver / red

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 05:51 PM
2qwik4u
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 11 Posts

Year: 1988
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 71000
Color: silver
Price (no $ sign please): $29500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Damn!
Old 06-27-2013, 11:56 PM
blackboy
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluegrass9934S
Both seem like scum bag brokers. This car was on Cars.com and was bought by Phillip Haup and now he is trying to resell it
Is that who this discussion is between two brokers? If so this forum is for enthusiast I thought not people who's only interest is to line their pockets.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:43 AM
christiandk
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackboy
Is that who this discussion is between two brokers? If so this forum is for enthusiast I thought not people who's only interest is to line their pockets.
Not as bad here as on Pelican, though......
Old 06-28-2013, 09:07 AM
1990ruf
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by aforest2
Philip, I'm not mad at you except for the 85 targa widebody you stole from me (which we both know you were unaware of. Googled it somehow, found it and had the guy make a story that it was wrecked then sold it to you unharmed.. That's why we don't talk anymore. As far as THIS this car is concerned, the only reason you got it is I passed on it after the seller told me about the door. He claimed the vin sticker was missing and could see red paint. I'm merely repeating what he told me and you are knowlegeable enough to know this also. I haven't even see it, this is what the guy told me over the phone which is why I DIDN'T buy it. I'm not mad about losing it at all.
I didn't buy it Dieter did and he knew about that car maybe the same time you did. You don't think we know where all the cars are listed too? Dieter and I both have a game we play. Its called buy all cars before Alex. We call each other every time we buy a car knowing you were on it. Maybe times sellers say " I have a guy in LA that's looking at it" I immediately ask if its you, then I pay sometimes full price and so does Dieter just too keep the game going, but I never spew defamation lies or ant sort of torts of slander you do. Just like in the forum. I listen to your slander about other dealers and brokers out there ( im not going to name their names) consider that a favor. Your a big cry baby and your EGO is the size of Mt. Everest! You are upset. You have been slandering me to anyone that will listen. I get reports of your blabbermouth all the time. I hope someone deletes this thread. Its ignorant.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:27 PM
aforest2
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We both know you are a pathological liar and game player. I spoke to your buddy Dieter, he hates you because you lie and cheat even your supposed friends. Good luck burning your bridges with everyone.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:41 AM
ironcondor
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may be in the market soon and have been lurking around.

As far as I am concerned, you BOTH have burned bridges with me, and probably others, with this junior highish ridiculous back and forth in front of everyone. No way to run a business. Take your qualms to the 'back offices' and not in front of potential customers (that IS why you posted here, right?). Sure, point out bad things you know about the car...but the personal slander and "he did, she did" is so stupid. You guys should be embarrassed.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:03 AM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluegrass9934S
Both seem like scum bag brokers. This car was on Cars.com and was bought by Phillip Haup and now he is trying to resell it
I've been around these parts(and Pelican) for a long time now. Phillip Haut has been banned, called out and ridiculed on both sites....now with that said, He and others like him are not the "worst". Phillip aka "low miles"(among other names he uses) are just resellers of cars. In his defense he does put money into most of the cars before he sells them. He brings them up to a level that make them exceptional when compared to similiar cars on the market. Which is more than I could say for the crappy used car dealers out there. I did see a pearl white 930 he sold to a dealer...it was gorgeous. He did promise to deliver stock parts with the 930 but those parts never showed up for whatever reason. Does that make him a "scum bag"? Opinions vary.

I say if you're interested in the car, go and personally check it out. Gauge the car and the seller. If all seems legit and you feel comfortable with the buy, then go for it! for the most part most guys will use these cars as their fun mobile. Which makes these buys an emotional one. I personally like to buy the car and the seller. If I can't make a connection with the seller than I would just walk away. Phillip(among others) reputation(on the boards) may have more to do with their attitude than the actual cars they sell.

Now to summarize my opinions, due diligence is always best when purcahsing any item. A ppi is a must(but not always 100% fool proof) and always try to buy(get that good feeling) the seller as well as the item.

Last but not least.....nothing wrong with trying to make a profit..this is AMERICA(just like apple pie) just be honest and genuine in your dealings...worth more than gold..
Old 06-29-2013, 08:53 AM
1990ruf
Rennlist Member

Your right! I am! I don't know why I fall into this. I hope someone deletes this thread.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:01 AM
1990ruf
Rennlist Member

Default Pearl

Pearl $$9,000 Spent on this one. Bought it from a woman in pebble beach. It was in horrible shape. The paint was the excellent, but needed attention and the rest of the car had been neglected for years.
Attached Images        
Old 06-29-2013, 09:26 AM
speednme
Rennlist Member

yes sir that was it...beautiful car! almost bought it too but I like to mod my cars a bit and knew I would not really be able to mod it without ruining the value. Car ended up in Iowa I believe.

Funny thing is neither me nor the next potential buyer bought the car from the dealer but we became good friends till this day so the pearl white 930 had some sort of impact on the lives of two potential buyers...so thank you Mr. Phillip for finding such a car...
Old 06-29-2013, 09:29 AM
blackboy
Pro

Last I checked this was not a forum for dealers or brokers to ply their trade, it's for enthusiast.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:31 AM
1990ruf
Rennlist Member

It was one one my favs. It inspired me to to do a ground up restoration on a Turbo look Targa that starts its life and w white and now has a $15k pearl paint job. The pearl is son nice!
Old 06-29-2013, 09:40 AM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Last I checked this was not a forum for dealers or brokers to ply their trade, it's for enthusiast.
Plenty of brokers and dealers who are enthusiast as well. If it's a beautiful example, I as a potential buyer would like to know what any seller has, whether private seller, dealer or broker. Just as I stated before...be honest and genuine in your dealings.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:46 AM
1990ruf
Rennlist Member

I am an enthusiast! I have my own private stash, I travel all of Florida looking / inspection at Porsche for free for MANY PCA members. I trade cars globally, I have Porsche friends all over the world from princes of countries, CEO's of major companies, Celebs, and guys that wanted their fist investment Porsche to play, bond with their son's. And everything in between. I am also active in local activities etc. I have every issue of excellence magazine in my library of Porsche books that I constantly refer back to, I have a personally signed book “The Driving Force" from Peter Schutz Ex CEO of Porsche ( lives here in Naples) inscribed " cars don't win races people do" Inspiring book! I am the epitamie of an enthusiast. I collect + I trade + I socialize + I help other in this Porsche world + keep myself educated = enthusiast.

Last edited by 1990ruf; 06-29-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:27 AM
blackboy
Pro

Ok, I stand corrected.

Quick Reply: 1988 911 coupe 71,000 miles, silver / red