Sponsored by:

Rear window defogger relay

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 03:32 PM
billyhol
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear window defogger relay

I am trying to locate the relay for the rear window defogger on my 2009 Cayenne. I am getting inconsistent heating from my defogger even though the light on the dash switch shows no inconsistency. I suspect that the secondary relay contacts are wearing out so that sometimes the heater coils heat, and sometimes they don't. The manual merely says that relays should be serviced by the dealer. I'm not so inclined...
Old 11-07-2017, 10:34 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 763 Posts

From the manual:

Originally Posted by Porsche Manual
Rear Window Defogger Relay (L7) On relay support 1. See Fig. 5

Unfortunately - no other diagram actually locates this relay panel, but I believe there are two of them up under the dash behind the instrument cluster. Mebbe.

Good luck!
Old 11-08-2017, 10:04 AM
billyhol
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for this info. I wonder if where it says "instrument panel left" it means under the cover that is accessible when one opens the driver's door, at the extreme left of the dash. Some pictures I have seen show a panel accessed from under the left end of the dash, more or less above the clutch pedal (6 speed!).
Old 11-09-2017, 12:14 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by billyhol
Thanks for this info. I wonder if where it says "instrument panel left" it means under the cover that is accessible when one opens the driver's door, at the extreme left of the dash. Some pictures I have seen show a panel accessed from under the left end of the dash, more or less above the clutch pedal (6 speed!).
The one at the end of the dash is fuses only. I suspect it's up under the dash.. on the left side.

Quick Reply: Rear window defogger relay