Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of pulling the trigger... Thoughts on this GT3?...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 03:13 PM
vodavoda
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Thinking of pulling the trigger... Thoughts on this GT3?...

Was looking for Sapphire Blue, but came across this Metallic Silver with the spec I'm after (minus heated seats).
Has original E motor, but from what I've gathered from this forum, no difference between E and F, so no big deal since new extended warranty... Correct me if I'm wrong.
Also no different between '14 and' 15 model years except one is a year older and has depreciated more? Again, correct me if I'm wrong.
Here is the car--- (still negotiating price, but around $130k)...thoughts and comments appreciated
Attached Images       
Old 10-23-2017, 03:39 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 425 Likes on 265 Posts

I think you will regret settling for something other than the spec you want. I would wait for a Sapphire Blue and at a better price this winter, but then again, life is short!

This one you are looking at should not have its original engine. I believe all 2014's had engines replaced due to the catching on fire problem, not the finger follower issue, so you still are have the finger follower concern although covered by the 10 year warranty. Carfax looks pretty typical. Assume the fist owner was a CA flipper (probably a VIP), and the WA owner was the first and only "real" owner. Park Place should not give you too much grief coming down to $130 flat on this, if not better. Latest '14 deal I have seen was at $115 for a $154 MSRP white one (most common color).
Old 10-23-2017, 03:42 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mchrono
I think you will regret settling for something other than the spec you want. I would wait for a Sapphire Blue and at a better price this winter, but then again, life is short!

This one you are looking at should not have its original engine. I believe all 2014's had engines replaced due to the catching on fire problem, not the finger follower issue, so you still are have the finger follower concern although covered by the 10 year warranty. Carfax looks pretty typical. Assume the fist owner was a CA flipper (probably a VIP), and the WA owner was the first and only "real" owner. Park Place should not give you too much grief coming down to $130 flat on this, if not better. Latest '14 deal I have seen was at $115 for a white one (most common color).
+1 wait for a SBM w spec you want, prices will probably hit a short term nadir Jan/Feb ish too.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:09 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,779 Likes on 5,141 Posts

I don't think I've ever seen A/C vents in leather on a GT3.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:24 PM
vodavoda
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I don't think I've ever seen A/C vents in leather on a GT3.
Yeah, kinda of odd.

I'm in a higher profile medical position in a smaller community, so Silver is probably a better choice than Sapphire so to not draw as much attention.. I'm even considering White.
I can drive around vintage cars that are valued much higher and I get a thumbs up, but when I drive the more modern stuff, I get the whole rich Dr. BS. Heck, with what people don't know, I think I get the same reaction from an 80's 911 as from a GT3...but this probably a topic for a different thread.
So back on track to the topic at hand.. Pull the Trigger or hold out a while longer...???
Price seems fair by today's market, maybe even on the low side for the spec????
Old 10-23-2017, 04:33 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 160 Posts

Pull at $130K, unless you do better, THEN QUICKLY PULL

Originally Posted by vodavoda
Yeah, kinda of odd.

I'm in a higher profile medical position in a smaller community, so Silver is probably a better choice than Sapphire so to not draw as much attention.. I'm even considering White.
I can drive around vintage cars that are valued much higher and I get a thumbs up, but when I drive the more modern stuff, I get the whole rich Dr. BS. Heck, with what people don't know, I think I get the same reaction from an 80's 911 as from a GT3...but this probably a topic for a different thread.
So back on track to the topic at hand.. Pull the Trigger or hold out a while longer...???
Price seems fair by today's market, maybe even on the low side for the spec????
Old 10-23-2017, 04:38 PM
Captain racing
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mchrono

This one you are looking at should not have its original engine. I believe all 2014's had engines replaced due to the catching on fire problem, not the finger follower issue, so you still are have the finger follower concern although covered by the 10 year warranty. Carfax looks pretty typical. Assume the fist owner was a CA flipper (probably a VIP), and the WA owner was the first and only "real" owner. Park Place should not give you too much grief coming down to $130 flat on this, if not better. Latest '14 deal I have seen was at $115 for a $154 MSRP white one (most common color).
Curious on the mileage on the 14 that sold for $115k? Must of been one of those track experience rentals with over 40k miles all on a track.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:47 PM
PwAg
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Most people appreciate the hard work and sacrifice that goes into a long medical career. If the local doc wants to treat himself, remotely normal people will be happy for you regardless if sapphire or gt silver. It's not like you'll be driving around in a decatted Big-Bird Mode Yellow Aventador SV in Lincoln, Montana. I wouldn't fret over the few jealous apples that exist in every town. If anything, you'll get the local high school boys all excited for the occasional wave and WOT.

Love both Sapphire and GT Silver, but like others state, really wait for what you want. Sapphire is very handsome in person, not flash imo. The wing is the most flash thing on the GT3, and you aren't going to hide it on a .1. Wait for further winter deals, be open to x-country shopping.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:16 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

I'd want it CPO'd at $130k.
True, the engine is covered for one specific issue, but the rest of the car won't be. Although I think all US 2014's had two extra years of standard warranty included. I'd at least confirm that.
And yes, all 2014's had the engine replaced, either at port or the factory. Some had the replacement replaced as well.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:35 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Looks good and you will probably get more opinions to just confuse you more. It looks close enough to pull if this is really what you want.

Cheers.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:53 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

I would want all my doctors to have a GT3! You guys deserve them and then some! Can't go wrong with either color but if Sapphire Blue is really the color you want I think its best to stick it out for the perfect car! Plenty on the market now.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:10 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 102 Posts

You can get 15 with lower miles and CPO for a little more.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:13 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 425 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by carrering
......if Sapphire Blue is really the color you want I think its best to stick it out for the perfect car! Plenty on the market now.
This one looks nice

I have no affiliation with seller, but I like his write-up:

"Immaculate, garaged, perfect condition, completely clean Carfax, 20-year PCA member-owned. $160k MSRP plus 3m clear bra. Well maintained at Porsche dealer. No issues whatsoever. I'm the third owner and have owned the car for two years and 8,000 miles. It now has 15k and change miles. The first two owners flipped pretty quickly. This is a late 2014 (August) build with the engine swapped at the factory before delivery. I'm on the list for a .2 GT3.
It has Dundon off-road headers. At 9,000RPMs, it sounds like a formula 1 Ferrari in a tunnel turned up to 11 on a megaphone. It will scare a straight-pipe Harley rider and cause Chuck Norris to giggle like a 5 year-old. Amazingly, there's no drone and only moderate wife complaining below 4,000 RPMs with the center muffler in quiet mode. If your neighbors can't appreciate your taste in 110db German exhaust music, I've got the stock headers in a box. The oil was just changed and plugs replaced. The tires are at about half life. It has red deviated stitching and the 18 way seats. There is a clear bra on the entire front plus rear flares. The windows are tastefully tinted (if such a statement can be made). It has front axle lift, which is good because you would get stuck driving over a stack of 3 pennies without it. If you want to buy the car, please hurry before my youngest daughter (15) finds out about this ad and takes selfies of herself chained to the rear wing in a protest worthy of 500 instagram likes.
Very well appointed: heated seats, 90L Fuel tank, PCCB brakes, front axle lift, sound package plus, porsche dynamic light system (PDLS plus), bluetooth, light design package, sport chrono, voice control, leather with black alcantara and red stitching, vehicle key body color, sapphire blue metallic, adaptive 18 way sport seats plus, auto dimming mirrors and rain sensor, PCM (nav), headlight cleaner in body color, heated seats. Porsche just extended warranty to 10 years/120k miles!"
Old 10-23-2017, 06:13 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by carrering
I would want all my doctors to have a GT3! You guys deserve them and then some! Can't go wrong with either color but if Sapphire Blue is really the color you want I think its best to stick it out for the perfect car! Plenty on the market now.
+1,000,000

well, i may be a bit biased though
Old 10-23-2017, 06:51 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 592 Posts

other than specs , when buying used , I think there is big advantage if the car is local. For spending this kind of money, I like to inspect the car myself on top of ppi .
It seems the car is priced well .
only concern I have : it seems no yearly service done , like oil change etc

Quick Reply: Thinking of pulling the trigger... Thoughts on this GT3?...