Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: anyone here with a Speciale?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 02:13 PM
johnr265
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Love that red! Is that Rosso Fiorano? Rosso Maranello? They seem to have a few nice darker metallic reds. I assume that is a triple coat as well?

Originally Posted by Shrews
Here is the aperta...
Old 09-05-2017, 03:28 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said about this car -- other than (a) I absolutely love it, and (b) in my opinion, hands down its the best driving modern Ferrari. Mine is Grigio Ferro, a special option historic color.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:14 PM
Shrews
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnr265
Love that red! Is that Rosso Fiorano? Rosso Maranello? They seem to have a few nice darker metallic reds. I assume that is a triple coat as well?

its Rosso Fuoco (fire red) Triple layer yes
Old 09-05-2017, 10:45 PM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Received 702 Likes on 331 Posts

It's an awesome car - I highly recommend it. Mine says hello.

Old 09-07-2017, 11:05 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 111 Posts

How robust are they? I've heard the scud didn't love being driven hard / tracked.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:06 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,003 Likes on 2,282 Posts

Originally Posted by audipwr1
How robust are they? I've heard the scud didn't love being driven hard / tracked.
+1...if I buy one I'm going to want to flog it at the track for a bit.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:07 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

would love ferro with nart.

Have one picked out, but it has large seats and I wanted medium or small......grr.....going to see it next week.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:09 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Shrews
I have been a long time Porsche guy only more recently into Ferrari. I have to say the Speciale is the most engaging car I've owned since my 996 gt3. With a proper alignment it was the most confidence inspiring car I've ever driven on track or the street (was running 2:21's at cota on street tires). All that said, I took my 72 ST clone out at cota this spring and rediscovered my love of driving a rear engine car on track.... So off goes the orange speciale and I'm anxiously awaiting my .2 gt3's arrival, hopefully November now.
How would you rate the Austin dealer compared to: Ferrari dallas or Ferrari Houston and secondly, ferrari austin, compared to porsche of austin?

I ask, only because I am in the process of closing on a home in westlake and looking for new dealers.....anyone there specifically I need to talk to?
Old 09-07-2017, 11:37 PM
Defen5e
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nxfedlt1
How would you rate the Austin dealer compared to: Ferrari dallas or Ferrari Houston and secondly, ferrari austin, compared to porsche of austin?

I ask, only because I am in the process of closing on a home in westlake and looking for new dealers.....anyone there specifically I need to talk to?
Ferrari Austin was amazing to me when I bought my 488 last month. They just recently cleaned house over there and the new crew is awesome. I used Alex as my sales contact, he was excellent and still follows up with me.

Ferrari Austin is also opening up a new huge dealership in the next week or two that will blow you away. I'd for sure give them a shot at winning your business as I know they will work hard to make you happy.

Porsche Austin has never impressed me. I know they recently cleaned house as well, but I have such a bad taste from my previous treatment. I get all my Porsches from Park Place in Dallas, as they are hands down the best dealership I've had the pleasure of buying from.

I know Schrews personally and he has a different opinion on Porsche Austin I think, but I'll let him speak for himself.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:53 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

300k msrp so it's expensive but well built swap the ceramics to steel if your going all out suggest a 360 or 430 challenge saves your melon and can be had at 100k.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:54 AM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Defen5e
Ferrari Austin was amazing to me when I bought my 488 last month. They just recently cleaned house over there and the new crew is awesome. I used Alex as my sales contact, he was excellent and still follows up with me.

Ferrari Austin is also opening up a new huge dealership in the next week or two that will blow you away. I'd for sure give them a shot at winning your business as I know they will work hard to make you happy.

Porsche Austin has never impressed me. I know they recently cleaned house as well, but I have such a bad taste from my previous treatment. I get all my Porsches from Park Place in Dallas, as they are hands down the best dealership I've had the pleasure of buying from.

I know Schrews personally and he has a different opinion on Porsche Austin I think, but I'll let him speak for himself.
thanks for the info, I may have one of you all put me in contact with someone there at ferrari.

I've used several texas porsche dealers, and Austin was the worst, so I echo your comments. I wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:39 AM
Defen5e
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the info, I may have one of you all put me in contact with someone there at ferrari.

I've used several texas porsche dealers, and Austin was the worst, so I echo your comments. I wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.
PM sent with sales contact info. I was sent some pics of the new dealership today, it's next level stuff. Happy shopping!!
Old 09-08-2017, 02:53 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,633 Likes on 5,099 Posts

It's a Ferrari.

'Nuff said.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:59 AM
easy888
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Scuds hold up just fine. Not sure about Speciale, but as the newer car, I would think the same if not better.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:42 PM
ConcreteCowboy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally think this is the best 1-2 punch anyone could ask for.... the Speciale is incredible and the RS is, well a RS!

Quick Reply: OT: anyone here with a Speciale?