Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Tint on top of Insulated Windows? Slight Purple hue?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 06:54 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Anyone Tint on top of Insulated Windows? Slight Purple hue?

Hello All,

I recently got a 2013 CTT that has the insulated window option from Porsche. Being in Florida, I went and got Formula One Ceramic tint on all windows to help block as much heat as possible.

15% front windows
30% rear windows

Here is my issue, when the sun is hitting it, the rear windows (rear side windows and hatch window) have a slight purple hue to it. I can only assume the factory tinting between the glass layers is messing with the color spectrum.

I have tried to google but have not found much...so has anyone else who has the insulated / privacy window option tinted on top of it?

I don't know whether to keep it (as it does a good job with heat), take it off and stick with the lighter factory tint or try a metallic tint to see if that changes things.

Anyways, any personal experiences would be great.

TIA,

Jason
Old 07-11-2017, 07:10 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Here are some pictures. Tough to tell cause it's only purple when sun is hitting it and the camera doesn't show it very well. You can tell more in the rear small side windows.

You can see the big difference from the inside

Old 07-11-2017, 09:08 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

No experience tinting on top of the thermally insulated glass, however, did they figure out how to not have the thermally insulated glass kill the cellular signal? My signal would drop by 2-3 bars the moment I shut the doors or windows, and I had to get a mobile cell phone signal booster.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:39 AM
g8tor20
Instructor

I'll try and keep an eye on the bars. I have had no problems with reception...but I live in South Florida where we have cell towers every 50 feet.

Quick Reply: Anyone Tint on top of Insulated Windows? Slight Purple hue?