Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mffarrell
Nice tire shop!
THANK YOU SIR!

Old 07-07-2017, 03:55 AM
pop.tremuloides
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Discount tire and they have never failed me. However, after the pics I think I might rethink things
Old 07-07-2017, 11:03 AM
spooltime
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

In my garage, by the only installer I really trust.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:57 PM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Man, that is one scratched-up wheel!
Old 07-07-2017, 02:02 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by techweenie
This is not touch-less, this has 100% wheel to machine contact, we used to have one of these, we only used it for beat up wheels, wheels being dismounted to be refinished or steel wheels when we were selling tires in volume.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:50 PM
spooltime
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by techweenie
You're actually seeing tire paste on the lip of the wheel. Not scratched at all.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:13 PM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by r6vr6
Tirerack. I live about 15 min from them.
Nice, pretty tough to beat that deal, now how can you get on to their little test track!!!?

Here in NorCal I use 5 Point Tires on the Peninsula. Not the cheapest in town (nor the most expensive) but they do a great job and don't scratch wheels.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:23 PM
spooltime
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=Wheel Dynamics;14306498]This is not touch-less, this has 100% wheel to machine contact, we used to have one of these, we only used it for beat up wheels, wheels being dismounted to be refinished or steel wheels when we were selling tires in volume.

Hilarious. Two of the pictures you posted of your shop show the Hunter tire changer you claim was only used for "beat up" wheels as shown below:

Everyone knows that state-of-the-art is either the Hunter Auto 34S or the Hunter Revolution; better high end shops stopped using relatively unreliable Corghi changers long ago. More importantly, a well-trained operator can perform damage-free tire mounts on a Hunter TC3715E all day long. If you were damaging rims on your Hunter machine, your operators didn't know how to use the machine properly - plain and simple.

For a home garage set-up like mine, the Hunter TC3715E works perfectly for me. In a commercial shop, training and employee turnover are important considerations, and more idiot-proof equipment may be a good investment.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:24 PM
spooltime
Rennlist Member

An additional consideration when looking for a tire shop is to make sure their tire changing equipment isn't a rim-clamp type that actually permanently disfigures the rim barrel (if that sort of thing matters to you).

Last edited by spooltime; 07-07-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:01 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

[QUOTE=spooltime;14306698]
Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
This is not touch-less, this has 100% wheel to machine contact, we used to have one of these, we only used it for beat up wheels, wheels being dismounted to be refinished or steel wheels when we were selling tires in volume.

Hilarious. Two of the pictures you posted of your shop show the Hunter tire changer you claim was only used for "beat up" wheels as shown below:

Everyone knows that state-of-the-art is either the Hunter Auto 34S or the Hunter Revolution; better high end shops stopped using relatively unreliable Corghi changers long ago. More importantly, a well-trained operator can perform damage-free tire mounts on a Hunter TC3715E all day long. If you were damaging rims on your Hunter machine, your operators didn't know how to use the machine properly - plain and simple.

For a home garage set-up like mine, the Hunter TC3715E works perfectly for me. In a commercial shop, training and employee turnover are important considerations, and more idiot-proof equipment may be a good investment.
So I'm guessing you didn't read my entire reply.....

You should also note that proper mounting of the wheel machine is also important, use full finger plates to mount wheels on our machines, the same location where they mount on our vehicle.

Don't get bitter, I was simply explaining to those who are reading that the machine you have displayed is not a touch-less item, we used to have one, we used to have one, we used to have one, just in case you missed that. We stopped using it as it became inferior to the Corghi Master which are made in Italy.

Over time we have updated our equipment, everything revolutionizes for better installations, I would be happy to demonstrate installations without any part of the bead touching the wheel (no lube on the rim would be necessary during this demonstration since we all know that an increased amount of pressure can one day cause damages when you put plastic vs. paint).

Old 07-07-2017, 09:14 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

[QUOTE=spooltime;14306698]
Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics

For someone who comes off like they know a thing or two about tire machines I would suspect you would also know more about these old models:

https://rennlist.com/forums/wheel-an...sus-nitto.html

I'm going to base this off of my experience but I would say that you my friend are looking to run a set of 315/25/19 tires in the rear but what do I know about wheels/tires and installation....

Yes, these were stocking sets.... at Wheel Dynamics..
Old 07-07-2017, 09:18 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mtrboatvr6
Tire Discounters in the midwest. They know me in there (locally) now because I have both of my GTIs tires swapped each year plus the Porsche loose wheels. They have only messed up once and it was their machine that ate the inside bead out of my brand new Bridgestone RE71Rs. That actually prompted them to change the head on the unit and they said they have not had anymore issues. Never have any balance problems at all. I had the Porsche dealer price mounting and balancing and they wanted $65 PER WHEEL HAHA! But I do have my alignment done each year at that same Porsche dealer, and their price is reasonable. I guess they just dont like mounting and balancing tires.
Our current price includes, tire swap, road-force balancing and nitrogen inflation all for $30 ea.

Quick Reply: Where do you get your tires installed?