Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wait for allocation for 991.2 gt3 or skip to 992 gt3?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 05:45 PM
80s
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

The marketvalue of .2 ....
Old 07-01-2017, 06:30 PM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
Exactly, the OP can get a .2 GT3, but he needs to understand that a non-vip customer isn't going to get a .2 GT3 right as the car starts production. It will be a two year production run, and if he puts down deposits at many places, he has a good chance of getting a .2 GT3 in the last 6 months of .2 production, which is still 18 months before the 992 GT3 starts production, and if he's not a VIP he wouldn't be getting the 992 car in the first year anyway.

Basically anyway you slice it, you gotta wait a least a year if not 18 months.
I am just a bit frustrated with Porsche's business philosophy, I guess that holds true for all high end cars regardless of brand. Wouldn't it make sense to offer slots to "NEW OWNERS" who never owned previous/prior GT model cars ? I understand they want to stand loyal behind returning customers, but this also gives a chance for people like myself. Thanks for hearing me vent. I appreciate all the great support and suggestion.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:34 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,942 Likes on 2,799 Posts

Originally Posted by 908/3fan
How many years until the 992 make it to the production? I'm asking because afaik porsche recently introduced the 991.2 series etc etc. I assume until 2020, right?

I think the generations are on a 7-year cycle. So if 991.1 GT3 was MY2014, then 992.1 GT3 should be MY2021 (coming in Fall 2020) and 992.2 GT3 for MY2025 (Fall 2024)...
Old 07-01-2017, 06:57 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,870 Likes on 1,902 Posts

if he puts down deposits at many places, he has a good chance of getting a .2 GT3 in the last 6 months of .2 production, .
Find me a dealer in the Western U.S. that's even accepting deposits on a .2 GT3 at this point. I've contacted all of them and I can count on one hand how many were accepting deposits and every one of those said 'but you have zero chance of getting a car', so save your money. Oh and most added, 'and if you did it would be priced above MSRP'. I've yet to find a single dealer in the Western U.S. whose list isn't 4-5x the number of slots they expect to receive. Obviously that could change as people drop off, but right now nobody is accepting deposits anymore.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:18 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,354 Likes on 825 Posts

A lot of these "I want it now" threads remind me of today's youth and their perceived needs. They don't want to put in the time, expect everybody to cater to them and then complain why they are not as important to others as they think they should be. They will come up with all kinds of arguments why they should be put ahead in line in front of those that have played the game by the rules and waited their time. So they go online and vent hoping to find support for their position and a way to fulfill their "Instant Gratification". Most of the time the subject matter at hand is not researched because they are so used to just posting/asking online since their own time is so valuable.

$0.02

Old 07-01-2017, 07:56 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,293 Likes on 681 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Find me a dealer in the Western U.S. that's even accepting deposits on a .2 GT3 at this point.
Agree on the western part. I wouldn't bother calling a single Porsche dealership on the West Coast.

There are nuggets to be found in the midwest, south, and east coast if you spend enough time calling and are clear about the fact that you just want a car sometime in the production run and are realistic and aren't expecting anything early.

My next GT3 as well as all my previous GT3s have/will come from an east coast dealer. I will never buy a new Porsche in California.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:58 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

You might be surprised. Some of these nuggets, at least in the midwest, are no longer no ADM nuggets.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:00 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Agree on the western part. I wouldn't bother calling a single Porsche dealership on the West Coast.

There are nuggets to be found in the midwest, south, and east coast if you spend enough time calling and are clear about the fact that you just want a car sometime in the production run and are realistic and aren't expecting anything early.

My next GT3 as well as all my previous GT3s have/will come from an east coast dealer. I will never buy a new Porsche in California.
I didn't say West Coast. Western half of the U.S. From Texas north to Canada, west to the Pacific. There is nothing. I checked most of the midwest too, nothing. Nobody is taking any deposits anywhere anymore. Aside from the dealers hawking slots with big ADMs in SoCal and the East Coast, there's nobody taking names and deposits for cars anywhere in the U.S. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if anyone knows a dealer that is taking names and deposits anywhere within 3x of the expected slots, please post the dealer name or PM me.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:25 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does any one want the slouch .2gt3 with a miserly 500 hp when the beast of 700hp is out? Surely the beast will have the gt3 for lunch.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:23 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Find me a dealer in the Western U.S. that's even accepting deposits on a .2 GT3 at this point. I've contacted all of them and I can count on one hand how many were accepting deposits and every one of those said 'but you have zero chance of getting a car', so save your money. Oh and most added, 'and if you did it would be priced above MSRP'. I've yet to find a single dealer in the Western U.S. whose list isn't 4-5x the number of slots they expect to receive. Obviously that could change as people drop off, but right now nobody is accepting deposits anymore.
You are right. Most of them wouldn't even take deposits from non-VIPs for anything incoming that they think is gonna be in high demand. However, that has also been the same with all Ferrari dealers all over the country for super hot incoming cars for at least the last 10 years.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:43 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,354 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by aamersa
Does any one want the slouch .2gt3 with a miserly 500 hp when the beast of 700hp is out? Surely the beast will have the gt3 for lunch.
I'm envious of people that make money when they sleep (not physically working) due to the business (oil) that they are in. Wonder how much their income has declined due to the lower prices the world market commands. Would they even be looking at a lowly GT2RS if that wasn't case or would they go for more exotics?
Old 07-02-2017, 01:56 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by Terrence
You are right. Most of them wouldn't even take deposits from non-VIPs for anything incoming that they think is gonna be in high demand. However, that has also been the same with all Ferrari dealers all over the country for super hot incoming cars for at least the last 10 years.
But Ferrari doesn't have to sell those same customers an SUV or a sedan in order to keep the lights on like Porsche does. Ferrari makes its money selling nothing but the high end expensive sports car. Porsche is playing with fire with pissing off customers that buy the vehicles that keep the lights on.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:24 AM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
I'm envious of people that make money when they sleep (not physically working) due to the business (oil) that they are in. Wonder how much their income has declined due to the lower prices the world market commands. Would they even be looking at a lowly GT2RS if that wasn't case or would they go for more exotics?
Incomes have declined considerably. But not enough to change lifestyles.

I agree at this price point Gt2 is competing with the exotics and it is questionable whether one should buy a 911 or 488 or 720S or LP 640 Performante for the same price.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:15 PM
freeman727
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Please delete
Old 07-05-2017, 11:45 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

992 GT3? That's 2020 at least. Then you might ask why not wait for 992.1 GT3RS or wait for 992.2 GT3.

It never ends.

Buy what will make you happy. You may not be here for the next model.

Quick Reply: wait for allocation for 991.2 gt3 or skip to 992 gt3?