FIRST POST/SOON TO BE BUYER

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 03:48 PM
BOCKTAGON
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FIRST POST/SOON TO BE BUYER

Hello everyone,

I have been reading on here for a while and finally decided to post. I currently have a 2016 Audi S6 which is an amazing car but let's face it, it isn't a sports car. I have been on the lookout for the perfect car that can satisfy the sports car aspect that I crave, as well as it be suitable to drive daily. It seems as though the 911 is about the only car that can actually be both and still be considered somewhat practical. I don't have any kids and I currently live in San Diego where the weather is constantly the same. Anyway, my question is does everyone feel as though that this is a good trade out to go from the Audi to the 911? I realize I am asking this on a Porsche forum, but I figured many of you have done the same with M5's/E63/M3's etc. Also, I have found what I think to be a really good build up in Pasadena, I would like to have your thoughts on it as well if that is allowed.

https://www.rusnakonline.com/used/Po...77a91bcd13.htm

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read my post.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:02 PM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 327 Likes on 132 Posts

That's a nice build although the only missing option is PSE. Some might not care for its interior since its missing full leather, but I think it looks great.

I currently have a panamera and a 2016 C4S. The panamera is no stand in for a real sports car, and my wife uses it to tote the baby around.

I daily the C4S and it is plenty practical, while still being exciting.

I live on Vegas, so not the same as SD, but summertime weather most of the year. I'm fortunate in that I can accommodate my family with more than one car, but if I were you and you can handle it financially, the 911 trade would be a no brainer.

You may want to consider the 991.2 though as your Audi may have spoiled you with torque. The 991.1 is old school in how it requires you to really rev it out to get the full experience. Different strokes...
Old 06-17-2017, 04:05 PM
ddodds
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 45 Posts

Nice build, is it CPO?
Old 06-17-2017, 04:10 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

That's a very tasteful selection! At the $83,888 price on the listing and with some more possible wiggle room it looks like a nice buy to me. The original price they show was too much for sure!

It's easy for me to say, but you will likely be able to drop it under 80k. But remember that once you find the car that has everything that you are looking for, sometimes it is best just to pony up and grab it while it is available... especially if you aren't flipping it every year or two.

Here's the original sticker info for you.

Old 06-17-2017, 04:14 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ddodds
Nice build, is it CPO?
In the text they imply it is CPO.

I did miss that PSE wasn't there and many of us like that. As part of the deal to buy, maybe you get a deal on having the dealer add it for you. Otherwise it is somewhere it is probably in the low-mid $3k range to add it afterwards... or another aftermarket solution.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:21 PM
G8tor
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

If you haven't already suggest you check out the hot-for-sale thread, which should give you some insight into what pricing may look like, as well as differences between build options.
One word of caution, the thread is addictive!
Old 06-17-2017, 04:28 PM
ddodds
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
In the text they imply it is CPO.

I did miss that PSE wasn't there and many of us like that. As part of the deal to buy, maybe you get a deal on having the dealer add it for you. Otherwise it is somewhere it is probably in the low-mid $3k range to add it afterwards... or another aftermarket solution.
I agee that cpo is implied, but when you filter cpo vehicles on their website this car does not show up.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:39 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ddodds
I agee that cpo is implied, but when you filter cpo vehicles on their website this car does not show up.
Good call! It doesn't show up on their Porsche-specific website either, so maybe it has sold? It would be good to know 100% if it is CPO, otherwise the price would need to come down much more to compensate for the increased risk.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:26 PM
BOCKTAGON
Intermediate

Thank you all for the replies. I will have to ask if it is CPO as I assumed it was. Also, thank you for pointing out the missing PSE as I would certainly want that as well. It's kind of surprising that this car doesn't have PSE included when it has other performance options.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:32 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

PSE is not a performance option, only more noise.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:45 PM
G8tor
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Can always add PSE, I did.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:56 PM
BOCKTAGON
Intermediate

How did that process go? Did you get the button and everything to activate it? How much did you end up having to pay for it?
Old 06-17-2017, 07:37 PM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice Build.

My best estimation is that they acquired that vehicle for 75K or less.

I would think 80K with CPO and next few years of maintenance included would be a good deal. For example Next year it would be due for the 4 year maintenance.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:35 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,079 Likes on 647 Posts

To answer the original question (991 vs. S6 as a daily driver), that certainly depends on you. I assume from your question you also mean this will be your only car.

The 991 is certainly an amazing performance sports/GT car, and yes, a bit more practical than most other cars with the same performance level and image. But it will never be as practical as the S6--or any other sedan, or sedan-like coupe.

So, will you be happy with a car that only seats 2 adults? That carries a relatively small amount of luggage (and relatively small objects)? That will always attract attention, even when you don't want it? That will never be as plush to drive, on daily commutes or long trips?

In return you will get extraordinary pleasure in driving, and just owning, an exceptional and special car.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:49 PM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Not exactly the same, but I traded a '15 S4 in on a 991.1 C2S. I daily drove the S4 and loved it, especially with snow tires in the winter. I sold my business, so I no longer needed a daily driver and jumped on a CPO 911.

I know some S4 owners who have gone to an S6, and it seems to be faster and bigger, but less nimble.

The 911 is an awesome vehicle, but impractical compared at an S6 if you need to haul people and/or gear.

Tip: The 911's NA engine gets better all the way to redline, so don't short shift it on the test drive

Quick Reply: FIRST POST/SOON TO BE BUYER