Sponsored by:

2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Performance exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Peter79
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Performance exhaust

Hey guys, does any one now of a good performance exhaust for 2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo 4.5l ???
Old 06-08-2017, 05:56 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Yeah and you're gonna love how cheap it is. A couple of great options:

One is take the tips off, cut off the little metal tubes, then slide in a section of flexible exhaust tubing from autozone and put the tips back on. This bypasses all of the muffler and creates a nice rumble. Total cost maybe $30

secondary cat bypass pipes are a popular option; fabspeed sells bolt-ons as does another company I can't remember the name of. A lot of people just get exhaust shops to do this too. I think it costs a few hundred and gives a small performance boost.

Other option is cut off the muffler and clamp in some straight pipes in L shapes and put the tips on those. This will sound like option one but save about 50 lbs of weight.
Old 06-08-2017, 05:59 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

The stock muffler is a very non restrictive design. I did the option one flex pipe bypass. You can hear it in these videos; it's an 04 turbo.

https://youtu.be/-FVGB_gMJRE

https://youtu.be/N9INWbm43co
Old 06-08-2017, 09:56 PM
Bosty
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey. What I ended up doing was purchasing the catless downpipes from Hanksville Hot Rod for my 05 Turbo.
Perfect fitment and very high quality.

The rest of the exhaust was done by my local exhaust shop. 3 inch all the way with 3 inch high flow cats. To be honest since I have done this in stages. The addition of going 3 inch catback was huge in performance.
FVD tune, Turbo S intercoolers, 3 inch full exhaust. Truck is a huuuggge difference from stock.

Its not perfect, but I have just over 2k invested for the exhaust portion. Iim very happy.

btw. Please dont mind the paint on rear bunper. The joys of street parking. Truck will be going in for paint work and some rust issues.
The following users liked this post:
elyasguy (01-21-2020)
Old 06-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 687 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter79
Hey guys, does any one now of a good performance exhaust for 2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo 4.5l ???
Hey Peter -- As you already know, your Cayenne has a lot of potential to make additional power and produce a great sound! A set of secondary catbypass pipes and a protune is my go-to setup on 955 Cayenne's. The secondary catbypass pipes produce a lot of extra power by eliminating the secondaries, and this gives you a serious bump in sound and improved throttle response as well. The tune itself makes an extra 56 HP and in conjunction with the secondary catbypass pipes really brings the car to a new level!

Old 06-15-2017, 03:29 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Best bang for the buck is Sebring Tuning twin T304 cans, for $134each. Has internal, spiral-wrapped core, for mean aggressive growl... just like Milltek and Akrapovic. No drone, or that Marine V8 gurgle. I have friends running Fabspeed, HHR, EvoMS etc... and they all tell me the Sebring has the nicest sound:
Attached Images   
Old 06-16-2017, 10:55 AM
James1911
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dilberto
Best bang for the buck is Sebring Tuning twin T304 cans, for $134each. Has internal, spiral-wrapped core, for mean aggressive growl... just like Milltek and Akrapovic. No drone, or that Marine V8 gurgle. I have friends running Fabspeed, HHR, EvoMS etc... and they all tell me the Sebring has the nicest sound:

Anyone else on this forum using this Sebring set up?
Dilberto (01-20-2020)
Old 01-19-2020, 03:11 PM
elyasguy
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bosty
Hey. What I ended up doing was purchasing the catless downpipes from Hanksville Hot Rod for my 05 Turbo.
Perfect fitment and very high quality.

The rest of the exhaust was done by my local exhaust shop. 3 inch all the way with 3 inch high flow cats. To be honest since I have done this in stages. The addition of going 3 inch catback was huge in performance.
FVD tune, Turbo S intercoolers, 3 inch full exhaust. Truck is a huuuggge difference from stock.

Its not perfect, but I have just over 2k invested for the exhaust portion. Iim very happy.

btw. Please dont mind the paint on rear bunper. The joys of street parking. Truck will be going in for paint work and some rust issues.
What muffler did you use?
Dilberto (01-20-2020)
Old 01-20-2020, 03:51 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Best bang-for-the-buck, is Sebring guys. Deep bass growl and Gatling Gun staccato, at 4000rpm+ is simply priceless:
Old 01-20-2020, 08:52 PM
Cayenne955TT
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best bang-for-the-buck, is Sebring guys. Deep bass growl and Gatling Gun staccato, at 4000rpm+ is simply priceless:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2x9YzMG5VI
Sounds good - but I'm assuming this is a full custom job?
-Will
Old 01-21-2020, 12:07 AM
Dilberto
Drifting

Originally Posted by Cayenne955TT
-Will
Not really. Two cuts and four bolts the existing suitcase exhaust is off. Fabricate two L-bend pipes and modify existing mounting braces and you can re-use same tips. Install cost going this route, runs about $350.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:26 AM
Dilberto
Drifting

Originally Posted by Cayenne955TT
-Will
Not really. Two cuts and four bolts the existing suitcase exhaust is off. Fabricate two L-bend pipes and modify existing mounting braces and you can re-use same tips. Install cost going this route, runs about $350. With Sebring - you are getting a quality-sounding exhaust for a fraction of Fabspeed, Milltek and Akra....
Old 01-21-2020, 09:23 AM
MtnDogGeoff
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the Tubistyle exhaust (installed by the previous owner) sounds awesome, but it's pretty loud. I'm sure my neighbors don't love it as much as I do. I'm not sure it's worth the $$ over other options mentioned though, it's pretty expensive.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:33 PM
Cayenne955TT
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not really. Two cuts and four bolts the existing suitcase exhaust is off. Fabricate two L-bend pipes and modify existing mounting braces and you can re-use same tips. Install cost going this route, runs about $350. With Sebring - you are getting a quality-sounding exhaust for a fraction of Fabspeed, Milltek and Akra....
I hear you there, I'd love to go this route. Do you have any ideas on places to get L-bends, etc to complete the job?

-Will
Old 01-22-2020, 02:16 PM
elyasguy
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone recognise the muffler that is on Bosty's car? I'm looking for a transverse muffler like that. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Quick Reply: 2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Performance exhaust