Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

South Florida Attorney Needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 04:01 AM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 198 Posts

I hope the seller gave you an odometer reading so when you get the car you can make sure they were joyriding around in it.

It might be easier to just pay the 1k and then sue the original shipper in small claims court. Did your contract say the job would be sub'd out to a 3rd party?

And, please arrange a meeting in a public parking lot for the exchange.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I know a Repo guy down there from a Leasing company. A phone call to him might be helpful . Porsche guy. PM me
Old 06-07-2017, 05:34 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,886 Likes on 1,773 Posts

Did you have a shipping contract? What were the terms and who had the liability?
Old 06-07-2017, 06:02 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Luigi - I PM'd him my guy as well
Old 06-08-2017, 08:16 AM
PLNewman
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 67 Posts

Interesting that I bought the car on eBay and I just discovered that eBay has a "MONEY BACK GUARANTEE- Worry-free shopping. Get the item you ordered, or your money back, on virtually all items." For automobile purchases, they have "Vehicle Purchase Protection" which "provides protection, against certain losses associated with fraud, up to a maximum amount of your purchase price paid (not exceeding $100,000)."
http://pages.motors.ebay.com/buy/purchase-protection/

"The types of fraud that are generally covered are: non-delivery of the vehicle..."

I've filed a claim. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

In the meantime, be advised to avoid "Carrio Motor Cars" in Ft. Lauderdale.
http://www.carriomotorcars.com/

AKA: Automotive Group Enterprises
http://stores.ebay.com/Automotive-Group-Enterprises

The car I bought was never delivered and now sits on a hauler in Oakland Park, FL...being held hostage for an extortion payment of $1,200.

Last edited by PLNewman; 06-11-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:15 AM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 198 Posts

Who arrange the shipping in the first place?
What has the seller and originally contacted shipper have to say?
Old 06-08-2017, 09:38 AM
ohenryinatlanta
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

spec ?
Old 06-08-2017, 09:47 PM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

stay tuned!!!!

VR's your man
Old 06-09-2017, 12:05 AM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, what a racket
Old 06-09-2017, 09:38 AM
PLNewman
Burning Brakes

Default eBay Update

I've filled out all the necessary paperwork with eBay’s Vehicle Purchase Protection program for a "Reimbursement Request," and eBay says I am "Eligible." They have assigned the case to an investigator with Auction Insurance Agency in Birmingham, AL.

The Ft. Lauderdale dealer was also notified of the eBay investigation and he called yesterday to insist that the problem was with the shipper and not him.

And, of course, I heard from the shipper who insisted the problem was with the brokered third-party shipper and not him.

We'll see how eBay/Auction Insurance Agency sorts this out. If they do at all.

Last edited by PLNewman; 06-11-2017 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:20 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

florida dealers have to be careful. They can lose their license.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:45 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

The shipper needs to step up and take control of the situation, brokering out doesn't absolve his responsibility
Old 06-11-2017, 08:53 AM
PLNewman
Burning Brakes

From your lips to God's ear.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:14 AM
PLNewman
Burning Brakes

As can be expected, everyone has their own self-interest at heart.

The dealer says it's the shipper's problem. The shipper says it's the third-party shipper's problem. The third-party shipper speaks only Spanish and won't negotiate with intermediates.

My insurance company will only accept a stolen vehicle claim if I have a police report stating the same. Then they would only reimburse me for the "assessed value" of the car ($8K+), less a deductible. And they would not reimburse me for the $770 state sales tax, the $575 dealer administration fee, the $450 tag and title work, or the $365 auto insurance payment.

The Broward County Sheriff's Department doesn't want to file a stolen car report because it adversely affects their monthly statistics. A detective told me this "appears to be a civil matter" and advised me "to file a lawsuit." After a second phone call, I was able to get a police report for "fraud." But the auto insurance company won't pay off for fraud.

The Oakland Park Police Department (the little town where the car is being held) says it doesn't want to get involved and suggested calling the Broward County Sheriff's Department.

After filing all the necessary paperwork with eBay on Friday morning, I heard back from an investigator to 5 p.m. Friday who had not yet reviewed any of the material. Tick...tock....

Meanwhile, the Boxster sits on the hauler with a crashed vehicle above it...leaking fluids below.

Last edited by PLNewman; 06-11-2017 at 09:43 AM.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:39 AM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by PLNewman
As can be expected, everyone has their own self-interest at heart.

The dealer says it's the shipper's problem. The shipper says it's the third-party shipper's problem. The third-party shipper speaks only Spanish and won't negotiate with intermediates.

My insurance company will onlyvehicle claim if I have a police report stating the same. Then they would only reimburse me for the "assessed value" of the car, less a deductible. And they would not reimburse me for the $770 state sales tax, the $575 dealer administration fee, the $450 tag and title work, or the $365 auto insurance payment.

The Broward County Sheriff's Department doesn't want to file a stolen car report because it adversely affects their monthly statistics. A detective told me this "appears to be a civil matter" and advised me "to file a lawsuit." After a second phone call, I was able to get a police report for "fraud." But the auto insurance company won't pay off for fraud.

The Oakland Park Police Department (the little town where the car is being held) says it doesn't want to get involved and suggested calling the Broward County Sheriff's Department.

After filing all the necessary paperwork with eBay on Friday morning, I heard back from an investigator to 5 p.m. Friday who had not yet reviewed any of the material. Tick...tock....

Meanwhile, the Boxster sits on the hauler with a crashed vehicle above it...leaking fluids below.

Thanks for sharing your nightmare so that we can all learn from this.

At this point I would pay the extortion and get your car. If he is foolish enough to take a check then do that and stop payment. If a credit card do that and contest charge (with AMeX if possible). If cash only then file a property damage claim in small claims court against the primary carrier and the sublet carrier. And start a gofundme page here and you'll probably get your 1200 back!

Quick Reply: South Florida Attorney Needed