Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

South Florida Attorney Needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 09:54 AM
PLNewman
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 67 Posts

This poor garage-kept Boxster is probably stunned after spending three weeks in the Florida weather, under a leaking wreck, on a rusty hauler.

"What did I do to deserve this?" it's probably asking. "Help me!!!"
Old 06-11-2017, 11:23 AM
Obturate
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Did you use "UShipIt" that appears on the eBay site when you select "Shipping"? I just bought an old Toyota truck on eBay and selected them to ship the vehicle. It seems to be a bit of a leap in faith, but I used them a few times before for minibikes without much trouble.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:34 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,542 Likes on 815 Posts

What a schit show
Old 06-12-2017, 08:01 PM
PJorgen
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm surprised they would load a convertible on the lower deck. A few years ago I shipped a convertible with Interstate Carriers and they insisted I pay extra for upper deck loading to prevent damage to the top by fluid leaks.

Of course after what's happened I shouldn't be surprised.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:58 PM
PLNewman
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 67 Posts

eBay's Auction Insurance Agency declined to get involved because they believe the problem is not with the Dealer...but with the Shipper.

So, I've exhausted all my possible options. The only remaining step is to file a civil lawsuit. Spoke with several attorneys who are requiring a $5,000 retainer just to get started. (This is a $12,000 car.)

Banks won't get involved. Insurance companies won't get involved. Police won't get involved. eBay won't get involved. I feel I've stepped into a parallel universe.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:03 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,354 Likes on 825 Posts

IMHO the dealer is ultimately responsible since they subcontracted the shipping. Therefore liability is on them and the fleabay insurance company should see it that way as well.

Disclosure

I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:23 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 45 Posts

Not exactly the same situation, but I believe car dealer is ultimately responsible, especially if they arranged shipping. Had this happen when I bought some furniture. Shipper damaged it, dealer said it was up to me to deal with shipper. Fortunately, I paid with credit card, called them and they asked if I paid shipper directly, or through dealer. I paid through dealer, and credit card co got dealer to pony up and replace damaged item because legally they were responsible. If only you had some leverage over the dealer to get this sorted for you, besides negative reviews.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:55 PM
jscott82
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 249 Posts

Can you not just pay him then take him to small claims to get it back?..

Bonus point if you can get the hearing in your city (make him come to you)... He may just cave and give it back.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:20 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,542 Likes on 815 Posts

eBay is full of ****.

Dealer is liable because they arranged the shipper.

Time to start breaking some kneecaps...
Old 06-14-2017, 04:35 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 305 Likes on 168 Posts

First post is unclear on the retention of the shipper. Can you clarify if you contacted the original shipper and, jf so, can you post images of the contract? What you actually signed matters here. PM me if you want. I'm not uninformed in this area of the law.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:58 AM
ohenryinatlanta
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PLNewman
eBay's Auction Insurance Agency declined to get involved because they believe the problem is not with the Dealer...but with the Shipper.

So, I've exhausted all my possible options. The only remaining step is to file a civil lawsuit. Spoke with several attorneys who are requiring a $5,000 retainer just to get started. (This is a $12,000 car.)

Banks won't get involved. Insurance companies won't get involved. Police won't get involved. eBay won't get involved. I feel I've stepped into a parallel universe.
i'd report the car stolen. see where that gets you.... make the police and your insurance co deal with it.

i didnt see an answer, but the dealer arranged shipping ? i'd call back ebay and asked to speak to a supervisor. pound that point thru.

i'd then file charges against the dealer and the shipper in small claims court.

i wouldn't listen to what others say about what you cant and can do (as your experiencing the other end of what is not allowed to be done).

be the biggest PITA you can....

or you might want to just pay this guy the grand and then sue him in small claims court and the dealer.

Quick Reply: South Florida Attorney Needed