Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smart entry and push start system?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 04:45 PM
williamsonoma
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Smart entry and push start system?

Anyone installed this type of system on their 957?
http://www.advancedkeys.com/index.htm

These are universal systems that will require wiring to factory system.
Anyone with experience for the transponder system and steering wheel lock?
Thanks,
Old 05-25-2017, 05:11 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Can't speak for that, but why not use the factory push button start (That was for the touareg)

http://tm-techmark.com/touareg/keyless/keyless.htm

Only real challenge is where to install the button, maybe the ashtray circle? I think the touareg plate is NLA and folks just drill a hole, there is probably room on the cayenne to do this in the center console.

Our kessy modules are the same modules as in the touareg.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:31 PM
williamsonoma
Advanced

Originally Posted by touareg
Can't speak for that, but why not use the factory push button start (That was for the touareg)

http://tm-techmark.com/touareg/keyless/keyless.htm

Only real challenge is where to install the button, maybe the ashtray circle? I think the touareg plate is NLA and folks just drill a hole, there is probably room on the cayenne to do this in the center console.

Our kessy modules are the same modules as in the touareg.
No need to put the transponder from the key into this setup?? Have you done this on a 957?
Old 05-25-2017, 09:27 PM
touareg
Drifting

You have to still have the key on you. I also believe the car must already be equipped with entry and drive, this just gives you push button start vs the plastic dummy key in the ignition.

I have read of others doing this on a 955 or 957, will see if I can find the link.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:31 PM
touareg
Drifting

Can't seem to find someone that has done it, but I am sure you can google it.

However as I said a lot of the stuff is the same, I am pretty confident the touareg kit would work, as it is just a button tying into the kessy module, which is the same part number.

https://www.renntech.org/forums/topi...h-push-button/

In fact, here is the wiring diagram for the cayenne of the same module. The pins listed from the touareg kit all match empty pins on the cayennes module.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:11 PM
williamsonoma
Advanced

Unfortunately I do not have entry and drive
Old 05-26-2017, 12:34 PM
957austin
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

I've installed two of the advanced key systems before (though not in a Cayenne). They're really great systems that are highly reliable when installed correctly (emphasis on correct installation). I've had over 5 years on my install and zero issues. These systems require more or less the same complexity as installing any aftermarket alarm with remote start, so any shop capable of installing an alarm/remote start on a Cayenne would be capable of installing this. However, I've heard that the Cayenne is particularly problematic for installing an alarm/remote start which would give me a bit of concern before beginning this. It's been done successfully (alarm/remote start that is), but you need to make sure that whoever is doing the install is competent and preferably has successfully installed alarms on Cayennes before.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:53 PM
Brian J Canberg
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can someone please confirm how you now if you're equipt with the entry & drive system. is it when the door auto unlocks with the key fob in vicinity? also, with the little push button on the handle to lock?
Thanks. I recently bought a 957 TT and I think thats the entry & drive system, but I'm unclear as there is no plastic fob.
The fob will allow the ignition to turn on and run with the plastic dummy key? but it won't affect the electronics, remaining inserted?
Just some clarification.
Thanks very much
Old 01-26-2018, 07:38 PM
Ashy_Anklez
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 957austin
I've installed two of the advanced key systems before (though not in a Cayenne). They're really great systems that are highly reliable when installed correctly (emphasis on correct installation). I've had over 5 years on my install and zero issues. These systems require more or less the same complexity as installing any aftermarket alarm with remote start, so any shop capable of installing an alarm/remote start on a Cayenne would be capable of installing this. However, I've heard that the Cayenne is particularly problematic for installing an alarm/remote start which would give me a bit of concern before beginning this. It's been done successfully (alarm/remote start that is), but you need to make sure that whoever is doing the install is competent and preferably has successfully installed alarms on Cayennes before.
What were the other 2 cars you Advanced Keys installed on?

Quick Reply: Smart entry and push start system?