Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical cable cut right at the ankles ... repair/replace options?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 10:08 AM
Mister Quickie
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Electrical cable cut right at the ankles ... repair/replace options?

This is for the seatbelt sensor. The annoying alarm keeps going off.
The two blocks obviously fit together but the PO cut the cable evenly where it fits into the block.
If there were a couple inches of length to work with I could reconnect the cables.
The two wires (green and black) each go into a pin in the flat part of the block.
On the concave side of the block (where it attaches to the other block) the pins stick out so that it can attach to the other block.
In other words, the green and black wires coming out of the harness are the only two wires involved.
I wouldn't mind buying a new block the problem is having to buy a new harness and rewiring the whole thing.
Anyone dealt with this before?

Note that this is for an '06 RAM 1500 but I figured the question is universal
Attached Images   
Old 05-03-2017, 10:20 AM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 409 Posts

Connect wires together and shut that annoying belt warning forever.

Or if you want alarm to work cut off that connector and use standard insulated cable shoes.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:24 AM
Mister Quickie
Burning Brakes

just so I'm clear are you saying connect both the black and green exposed wires together and forget about the blocks?
Old 05-03-2017, 10:43 AM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 409 Posts

I'm not familiar with specific ram electronic setup but if those two wires go to belt buckle, there is a big chance that if you connect them together car will think belt is buckled all the time.

If this is not the case the worst thing you'll do with connecting those two wires will be burnt fuse. (check fuses prior and determine if fuse slot's amperage contain right aperage fuses)

Based on this picture I'm 95% sure connecting those two wires will shut up the belt buzzer.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:31 AM
Mister Quickie
Burning Brakes

connecting the two wires didn't do the trick.
now that I think about it, the two wires are coming from the seat belt receptacle so something has to tell the receiving block (the block that the wires emanating from the seat belt plug into) that the seat belt is in.
That's not possible until I can make a connection.
I'll have to look at the block containing the cut wire stubs and see if I can push out the stubs and somehow make a reconnection with the wires emanating from the buckle's receptacle
Old 05-21-2017, 09:33 AM
Tiger03447
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 134 Posts

Sounds like it's time for a depinning kit and new connectors for the plug.

Quick Reply: Electrical cable cut right at the ankles ... repair/replace options?