Sponsored by:

GT3RS Prices

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 06:54 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by RCorsa
Typical -- bunch of Smart a** Remarks. I swear sometimes forum folks are so smarmy. I'm just curious if I missed something with the RS and why values have dropped so much in just a year. As far as depreciated value of my TTS I don't recall even asking about this and how do you know I even care. Maybe I'll just keep it or give it to my daughter. If I was to trade it The 70- 80k loss doesn't mean that much to me after 2.5 years.
I think your post was the tipping point for me and a result of so many $$$$$ related RS threads. Unfortunately you caught the brunt of my frustration. That was wrong of me to do.

Didn't mean to offend but I obviously did. Therefore my apologies.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
I think your post was the tipping point for me and a result of so many $$$$$ related RS threads. Unfortunately you caught the brunt of my frustration. That was wrong of me to do.

Didn't mean to offend but I obviously did. Therefore my apologies.
You're always a class act!
Old 04-08-2017, 07:44 PM
RCorsa
Pro

Received 438 Likes on 197 Posts

Haku, thanks for that. I appreciate it.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:25 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great car, prices are softening a bit (as one would expect), there's also the talk about the next RS coming out. Same song, just a different generation.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:33 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RCorsa
Haku, thanks for that. I appreciate it.
Thank you.

Back to your topic.

I think prices in the short terms are going to go pretty much the same way as previous RS's have. Up at model intro, down at model end, up over time - but generally remaining above msrp.

IMO, the initial frenzy over the 991 RS generated the high premiums ($75k+). Within a few months the market prices started to trickle down somewhat and prices for new or very low mileage cars were between 30-50k over msrp. We are now approaching a year since they peaked and even with speculation about the .2 RS IMO the prices are pretty near the lowest they are likely to be. Those are still around $10-$20k over msrp for cars with a couple of thousand miles on them. Prices of course will stabilize or go down a teeny bit over the next few months but I think they'll still remain at or above msrp.

Each version of the RS has always had its aficionados and that is likely to remain. Of course some of my comments are unwittingly biased but I'm trying to portray as reasonable an assessment as I can, and one that is based on historic RS values.

My disclaimer to the above is that I, like so many here on RL, am not a great predictor of car values nor have I ever made a bundle on selling a car. I've sold at the wrong time, and then regretted it more often than not. I hope that isn't the case whenever I sell my RS.

The only thing I can say for certain is that the 991 GT3RS that I currently own is hands down the finest Porsche GT car I have ever owned and value for money, whether bought at msrp or not, the best bang for buck thrill one can have on four wheels! IMO, it is truly a special special car.

The bonus... you pretty much get your money back at sale!

Once again, my apologies for my initial post.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:37 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

I see the RS hitting MSRP soon- Figure by Aug.. The problem is there are Dealers that have more than MSRP in to the cars and they are reluctant to lose money. Their problem. The reason they will hold at MSRP is that there will not be enough .2 GT3 allocations to satisfy demand so many may jump to the .1 RS. I also expect the GT4 to hold pretty steady, as well.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:58 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,101 Likes on 545 Posts

Did I mention it came in Purple??!!! Hands down UV the most unique and amazing non-PTS color on a GT car ever. Money aside I wanted UV over any blue/green/etc PTS color.

The 991.1rs will be recognized by UV as much as anything else about the car 20 yrs from now; similar to frog and pumpkin 7.1rs. I own a 7.1rs frog for one reason: that color on that car! UV doesn't have the scarcity factor like the 7.1 frog does. So I don't expect any nutty premium for it down the road. But UV will be THE color that the 991.1rs will be recognized by. I might keep my murdered out UV in the semi-perm collection for one reason: that color on that car!

Color is total personal opinion. But mark my words: it will be known as the RS that came in purple.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:12 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Did I mention it came in Purple??!!! Hands down UV the most unique and amazing non-PTS color on a GT car ever. Money aside I wanted UV over any blue/green/etc PTS color.

The 991.1rs will be recognized by UV as much as anything else about the car 20 yrs from now; similar to frog and pumpkin 7.1rs. I own a 7.1rs frog for one reason: that color on that car! UV doesn't have the scarcity factor like the 7.1 frog does. So I don't expect any nutty premium for it down the road. But UV will be THE color that the 991.1rs will be recognized by. I might keep my murdered out UV in the semi-perm collection for one reason: that color on that car!

Color is total personal opinion. But mark my words: it will be known as the RS that came in purple.
I believe you'll be right. UV is very striking in person.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:29 AM
911turbos
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you.

Back to your topic.

I think prices in the short terms are going to go pretty much the same way as previous RS's have. Up at model intro, down at model end, up over time - but generally remaining above msrp.

IMO, the initial frenzy over the 991 RS generated the high premiums ($75k+). Within a few months the market prices started to trickle down somewhat and prices for new or very low mileage cars were between 30-50k over msrp. We are now approaching a year since they peaked and even with speculation about the .2 RS IMO the prices are pretty near the lowest they are likely to be. Those are still around $10-$20k over msrp for cars with a couple of thousand miles on them. Prices of course will stabilize or go down a teeny bit over the next few months but I think they'll still remain at or above msrp.

Each version of the RS has always had its aficionados and that is likely to remain. Of course some of my comments are unwittingly biased but I'm trying to portray as reasonable an assessment as I can, and one that is based on historic RS values.

My disclaimer to the above is that I, like so many here on RL, am not a great predictor of car values nor have I ever made a bundle on selling a car. I've sold at the wrong time, and then regretted it more often than not. I hope that isn't the case whenever I sell my RS.

The only thing I can say for certain is that the 991 GT3RS that I currently own is hands down the finest Porsche GT car I have ever owned and value for money, whether bought at msrp or not, the best bang for buck thrill one can have on four wheels! IMO, it is truly a special special car.

I totally agree.
Old 04-09-2017, 01:31 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I see the RS hitting MSRP soon- Figure by Aug.. The problem is there are Dealers that have more than MSRP in to the cars and they are reluctant to lose money. Their problem. The reason they will hold at MSRP is that there will not be enough .2 GT3 allocations to satisfy demand so many may jump to the .1 RS. I also expect the GT4 to hold pretty steady, as well.
makes alot of sense
Old 04-09-2017, 09:09 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Thank you.

Back to your topic.

Haku: class response. Op first post imo came off a little snarky. I agree with your assessment. However, values of 991.1RS may actually go back up as we start to see adms and allocation bs with the new cars once again.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:21 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts
Default Love it

Originally Posted by bronson7
I believe you'll be right. UV is very striking in person.
It's a keeper.
Attached Images  
Old 04-09-2017, 09:58 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 236 Posts

UV everyday of the week.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:14 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Slightly OT but I just can't let these UV guys get away with it