Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS Prices

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 11:02 AM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Off topic but to the OP, any quick thoughts on your 488(s)?
Old 04-09-2017, 12:08 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,101 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
Slightly OT but I just can't let these UV guys get away with it

I like LO for sure. I wish they had kept it for the 991.1RS only as they have with prior non-std Porsche colors on RS's (RS Green, RS Orange, Grey/Black). I think it's unfortunate that they offered it as an available color in the Porsche color choice going fwd; not that there are a lot of cars that get painted in Lava.

Back to price wars part XXXXLI.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:17 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 640 Likes on 305 Posts

Old 04-09-2017, 03:22 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo

^ I know when I'm beaten!
Old 04-09-2017, 05:31 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 159 Posts

I have a 488 too. It doesn't keep me from enjoying my 991.1 turbo or RS. If you have car ADD any car becomes boring after a time. My 165K turbo is a '14 and now worth 110k or so. Not too bad in 4 years. IMO the RS won't come down that much. I suspect they will raise the list price quite a bit on the new RS. And they will probably be hard to get at MSRP. If you have the relationship to get a 991.2 RS at MSRP I would just wait for it. If you don't enjoy the Turbo anymore just sell it. They are just toys.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:26 PM
vodavoda
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

First: These are not investments... they are NOT Rare!.. they are simply depreciating assets...yes, d-e-p-r-e-c-i-a-t-i-n-g a-s-s-e-ts... nothing less, nothing more.
Second: Different types of owners (buyers):
1. Flippers
2. Posers (account for low mileage examples as they sit back and hope not to lose their *** financially... love buying used cars from these guys since they are like new and typically, heavily discounted).
3. True enthusiast.... don't give a **** about mileage, etc., and drive them like they were meant to be driven.

So, IMO, market changes are largely do to the "flavor of the month" mentality .... there will always be something newer, cooler, faster....
Attached Images  
Old 04-09-2017, 06:49 PM
Colin Greene
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I looked at the RS about a year ago premiums were ridiculous, even for California.

The approach I took was to weigh up whether I thought it was worth north $300K to me at that time or not, and it wasn't.

Fast forward to two months ago and premiums on RS's are still very real, especially on UV cars. However they did cool enough for me to take the plunge. I did so based on whether that was a fair price to me personally, not based on some principle of MSRP.

When I thought about selling my GT4 several posters seemed to have strong opinions on its value, yet two OPC's offered me MSRP. In the end I decided to keep the car and enjoy both.

Who knows what the market will do, but I know I am going to enjoy the summer!

Old 04-09-2017, 07:04 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

UV is very nice. It was my first choice at first until I saw LO in the flesh. LO just POPs on the RS in person. Wow! I was hooked. PAG had a reason they chose it as the RS launch color. It's the perfect brash in your face color for a brash in your face beast like the RS. Can't miss an RS pulling up in LO! 😎

I like all the colors. I could own any of them and be happy. Colors are colors. Subjective.

Can't beat this IMHO I mean just look at it!!!! .

Name:  GT3RS satin finish.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  136.0 KB
Old 04-09-2017, 07:17 PM
Colin Greene
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
UV is very nice. It was my first choice at first until I saw LO in the flesh. LO just POPs on the RS in person. Wow! I was hooked. PAG had a reason they chose it as the RS launch color. It's the perfect brash in your face color for a brash in your face beast like the RS. Can't miss an RS pulling up in LO! 😎

I like all the colors. I could own any of them and be happy. Colors are colors. Subjective.

Can't beat this IMHO I mean just look at it!!!! .

Attachment 1153643
LO was my second choice - especially if all the contrasting bits had been done. as you say you can't go wrong with any of the colours
Old 04-09-2017, 07:51 PM
wolfmobil
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RCorsa
Typical -- bunch of Smart a** Remarks. I swear sometimes forum folks are so smarmy. I'm just curious if I missed something with the RS and why values have dropped so much in just a year. As far as depreciated value of my TTS I don't recall even asking about this and how do you know I even care. Maybe I'll just keep it or give it to my daughter. If I was to trade it The 70- 80k loss doesn't mean that much to me after 2.5 years.
There is just lots of people who bought their RS and paid premium. If they are sore that prices are going down it means they bought the car for the wrong reason. RS is not an investment. It is a great car, the next RS is going to be even better (but still not an investment).
Old 04-09-2017, 08:06 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Of course an investment, in ourselves!

Last edited by Haku; 04-10-2017 at 07:57 AM.

Quick Reply: GT3RS Prices