Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

So conflicted about color

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 01:58 PM
yurigagarin
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think you pick your favorite color. Every time i choose something that everyone else says is cool and great, they enjoy and i can 't stand it. Choose what you love, the car looks great in every combination, you can't go wrong.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:28 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,223 Likes on 452 Posts

Be bold! Go red! ;-)

Old 04-10-2017, 07:34 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I have that combination on order for my e-hybrid except I didn't get the mirrors in black, just the door handles. I'm curious what interior you have: I have the burgundy/black on order. Also, can you tell me the brand of tires they provided?

On a separate point, I'm wondering about dates shown on my Tracking Sheet: entry into body shop on June 16, exit and to port on June 30. Then it sits in Emden for three weeks waiting for a boat to San Diego and then it sits in San Diego for another 13 days. Are these just conservative dates or is this similar to your experience?
Old 04-10-2017, 07:36 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

My previous post was in response to the last poster who had the Chalk 4S with the Black Wheels.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:34 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

I'm deciding between Dolomite Silver and Volcano Grey (I would do GT Silver or Chalk but they cost too much). Dolomite is a new color that no one has ever seen in person, and seems to be darker than GT but less bluish than Rhodium. Both of my other Panamera were Agata Grey, so I think I should change things up this time around. Interior is full black leather with red center inserts only, and walnut steering wheel and trim.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:59 PM
john rock
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Always had black cars, now on my 66th new car, however got tired of the same day gorgeous to dust and not being able to use a California Duster on dark colors. I have 4 white cars and a black perfect 928. I have spent over $3,000 on paint corrections and now Ceramic. Still the dust kills the look way to fast. Look at the chalk with black mid section and stainless rim around the edge, it is incredible combo and unusual.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:32 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by john rock
Always had black cars, now on my 66th new car, however got tired of the same day gorgeous to dust and not being able to use a California Duster on dark colors. I have 4 white cars and a black perfect 928. I have spent over $3,000 on paint corrections and now Ceramic. Still the dust kills the look way to fast. Look at the chalk with black mid section and stainless rim around the edge, it is incredible combo and unusual.
I love black cars when they are shiny and clean; unfortunately that isn't all that often and doesn't last without a lot of care. That said, I do think they look elegant. I went with Chalk with black sport design wheels. My car is at the detailer having a full front up to the A Pillar clear Expel Ultimate Plus PPF (brand new film just introduced in April) and also the door edges and the trunk area. Wheels will be removed and treated inside and out including brake calipers with two coats of Ceramic Pro Strrong. Entire car will then receive the Ceramic Pro treatment (4 coats of 9H and one coat of Light). Plan is to buy a very cheap electric pressure washer, a foam cannon, and a leaf blower. Hope is I can avoid anything more than foam and rinse and then blow dry. No contact at all hopefully so no swirls. Xpel Ultimate Plus is guaranteed for 10 years. If you want to go with a dark color this could save you a lot of work.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:09 AM
john rock
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
I love black cars when they are shiny and clean; unfortunately that isn't all that often and doesn't last without a lot of care. That said, I do think they look elegant. I went with Chalk with black sport design wheels. My car is at the detailer having a full front up to the A Pillar clear Expel Ultimate Plus PPF (brand new film just introduced in April) and also the door edges and the trunk area. Wheels will be removed and treated inside and out including brake calipers with two coats of Ceramic Pro Strrong. Entire car will then receive the Ceramic Pro treatment (4 coats of 9H and one coat of Light). Plan is to buy a very cheap electric pressure washer, a foam cannon, and a leaf blower. Hope is I can avoid anything more than foam and rinse and then blow dry. No contact at all hopefully so no swirls. Xpel Ultimate Plus is guaranteed for 10 years. If you want to go with a dark color this could save you a lot of work.
Great color choice. I have the Air Blaster, only use on wheels and drip spots as it leaves water spots all over the car. If you can’t filter out hard water you may not want to blow dry. I have Xpel Ultimate, I did not know they have a new better product. Please let us know how the ceramic works on the wheels, I have been thinking of having mine done, my guy wants $50.00 a wheel, not much if it works.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:20 AM
c4racer
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Yes color is personal. I also think certain cars look better in some colors than others as well.

I personally think the Pano looks better in a medium to dark silver or gray or one of rhe various blacks.

Now to go black or not also depends how you will use the car, how often and where it’s stored etc.
assuming it’s garaged - is it driven daily? Couple days a week? How often can you wash it and keep the paint polished and waxed ? Does it rain a lot where you live or even snow ?

i have basalt black which is metallic that is More brown / gray than pure black. Better than pure black to me as far as swirl marks and water spots and even dust. Worst thing in Ca Sf Bay Area is dust and pollen. Especially this time of year. Very windy all the time. Lots of pollen in the trees.

For me the black colors look best on this body. Followed by dark gray or medium silvers. Something like Audi Atlas gray with metallic is nice too and better choice for keeping it clean and looking nice without quite as much work. If I was ordering one new I would pick something along the lines of volcano.
Old 05-02-2018, 04:39 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I almost swapped to Volcano Grey, which looked awesome in the showroom ( the lights!) but in the normal daylight it just wasn't as eye-catching. Still a good colour.

This is my second Panamera and its almost the same look as the first, white with black options, it just stands out in a crowd to me. Blacks nice, but after a black IS200 some years ago I will never have black again in UK, its dirty as soon as you look back to admire the washing job you just made.

Colour is very emotive thing, no ones right, its your personal preference.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:02 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

I went red..no chrome, no badges on the back, carbon fibre and black leather interior on the Turbo......
Old 05-05-2018, 01:51 AM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

now that is a nice looking RED car :-)
Old 05-05-2018, 03:25 AM
nvarga
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Red rims are too much, especially with red calipers.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:58 PM
Will Tell
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ronan
I went red..no chrome, no badges on the back, carbon fibre and black leather interior on the Turbo......
Holy Crimbo! If the devil drove a car. Talk about bad a$$! The great thing about all of this is it's so personal. I'm a silver kinda guy. Dying to see the new Dolomite. I like GT but I just don't want to pay extra. What do you all think about Bordeaux Red (bordello, as my wife calls it) for the interior? Done a lot of canvassing... results are very polarized.

Quick Reply: So conflicted about color