Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 10:18 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,030 Likes on 621 Posts

Waiting no more (well almost)!

We picked up our 2017 991 C2 at the Atlanta PEC today. I will post about the experience in another thread. Short version: much fun!

Some car specs:
GT silver metallic
Black/Bordeaux full leather
MT (!!!)
19 inch wheels
14-way seats

I made the order on October 21, 2016. The car arrived in the U.S. on January 17 and had PDI completed on January 25. I probably could have picked up the car at the dealer (Porsche North Houston) at least a few weeks ago, but Atlanta PEC was worth the wait.

Now I have one more short wait. At the end of the day, we sent the car away for Xpel installation. We should get it back tomorrow, and then start driving home.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:49 PM
JawJuh
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bkrantz

We picked up our 2017 991 C2 at the Atlanta PEC today. I will post about the experience in another thread. Short version: much fun!

Some car specs:
GT silver metallic
MT (!!!)
19 inch wheels
14-way seats

I made the order on October 21, 2016. The car arrived in the U.S. on January 17 and had PDI completed on January 25. I probably could have picked up the car at the dealer (Porsche North Houston) at least a few weeks ago, but Atlanta PEC was worth the wait.

Now I have one more short wait. At the end of the day, we sent the car away for Xpel installation. We should get it back tomorrow, and then start driving home.

Gorgeous car. You are a patient man to be able to wait 4 weeks for this beauty! Mine is landing at Jacksonville in May, so I might have to skip PEC delivery in order to enjoy summer driving.

Are you using any PPF installer near Atlanta? I will appreciate your recommendations on price / good installers in the area.

Thanks!
Old 03-09-2017, 10:27 AM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 548 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by 613Porsche
My build ended up at $155,210 (CDN) on a C4S which is $126,100 CDN without any options. So $29,119 in options which included a lot of deviated stitching, turbo wheels, Glass Sunroof....
My Targa GTS build ended up at $191,000 CDN so I think $30,000 in options is reasonable.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:57 AM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good!!!
Old 03-09-2017, 12:06 PM
jplohg
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It won't be long for me (although I typically prefer to buy slightly used cars). I currently have a 991.1 C2S and have previously had 997.1 TT, 997.2 TT and 997.2 TTS. I have to say that the allure of being able to tune a turbo car so much more inexpensively and effectively along with the glorious seat of the pants enjoyment of low end torque more or less make my switch to the 991.2 invevitable. Plus that 60's/70's center exhaust touches an emotional sweet spot.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:41 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Some car specs:
GT silver metallic
MT (!!!)
19 inch wheels
14-way seats

Nice combination!

Speedy process!!
My order was placed Nov. 25th but delivery isn't scheduled until May 5th.

Build:

Schedule:

Old 03-09-2017, 01:08 PM
nal13
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 43 Posts

So still waiting. Car has been at davisville since February 6th. I got Porsche NA involved yesterday. I was told by the GM at my dealership that the car would be at the dealership last week (after a month hold up on RI) No one can tell me what the hold up is. I did a quick search online and there is a very similar car with a manual transmission in driving distance. Basically the only difference is no pse. If I don't have my car by next week I'm asking for my deposit back and going to the competing dealership
Old 03-09-2017, 01:17 PM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 548 Likes on 207 Posts

I have a Targa GTS on order. Dealer just let me know that I have to cancel the Sportdesign rear spoiler as Porsche has let them know that it is not available for my production date. I have to go to the regular spoiler.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:25 PM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UGH on waiting a month for the car to release in Davisville. Is it weather? Did you call PCNA 800 number??
Old 03-09-2017, 04:47 PM
gregv8
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nal13
So still waiting. Car has been at davisville since February 6th. I got Porsche NA involved yesterday. I was told by the GM at my dealership that the car would be at the dealership last week (after a month hold up on RI) No one can tell me what the hold up is. I did a quick search online and there is a very similar car with a manual transmission in driving distance. Basically the only difference is no pse. If I don't have my car by next week I'm asking for my deposit back and going to the competing dealership
I'm dreading this as well (my car is currently on a boat). Make sure the "competing" dealership is actually competing, because most of them in the area are all Penske's.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:44 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,096 Likes on 655 Posts

Some car specs:
GT silver metallic
MT (!!!)
19 inch wheels
14-way seats

Beautiful car! If it's any consolation, I ordered my Targa 4S on October 14, 2016, with a projected March (now-ish) delivery. Then I added PTS and LTS, which pushed me to mid July.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:13 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Very glad some super looking cars are making it in to the hands of new owners. Boy some of the delays I read about have got to be brutal! From walking into my dealer until getting my car, a 2017 TTS Cab (no PTS or LTS), was about 8 months, 4 for an allocation slot and then 4 for it to be built and delivered. However, since it was delivered after the snow started to fall in Calgary, I just tuked it away in storage for the rest of the winter. Not sure what is worse not having the car, or having it and not driving it? I do know they are more than capable of winter conditions, when you put on the proper tires. None of my sports cars have seen the snow, maybe I'm OCD on the issue?
Old 03-09-2017, 08:01 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,096 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by sctanton52
Very glad some super looking cars are making it in to the hands of new owners. Boy some of the delays I read about have got to be brutal! From walking into my dealer until getting my car, a 2017 TTS Cab (no PTS or LTS), was about 8 months, 4 for an allocation slot and then 4 for it to be built and delivered. However, since it was delivered after the snow started to fall in Calgary, I just tuked it away in storage for the rest of the winter. Not sure what is worse not having the car, or having it and not driving it? I do know they are more than capable of winter conditions, when you put on the proper tires. None of my sports cars have seen the snow, maybe I'm OCD on the issue?
You should drive it. I put Alpins on my '15 TT and the only thing I avoided was deep snow due to clearance. Otherwise, it was very capable. I picked it up new at the dealer and the detailer after PPF/coatings in the snow.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:29 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JawJuh
Gorgeous car. You are a patient man to be able to wait 4 weeks for this beauty! Mine is landing at Jacksonville in May, so I might have to skip PEC delivery in order to enjoy summer driving.

Are you using any PPF installer near Atlanta? I will appreciate your recommendations on price / good installers in the area.

Thanks!
We got lucky with our build allocation. When we made the deal in October, the projected build date was in December. That was part of our reason for making that deal.

Shine Auto Salon in Alpharetta (NE or Atlanta) did an excellent job installing Xpel, and squeezed us into their schedule so we could start our drive home the day after the PEC delivery. Price was negotiated through our home dealer as part of the new car purchase.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:34 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Keadog
Beautiful car! If it's any consolation, I ordered my Targa 4S on October 14, 2016, with a projected March (now-ish) delivery. Then I added PTS and LTS, which pushed me to mid July.
Thanks, Keadog. The wait sucks but the reality makes up for it. Your build looks sweet.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!