Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear shocks knocking after Techart spring install

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 07:58 AM
platinum997
Rennlist Member

Received 266 Likes on 133 Posts

Damn that sucks man... definitely need to get that replaced.

Never use impact for anything that requires specific ft/lbs. A hand job is the only way to go... no pun intended
Old 02-22-2017, 08:06 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,457 Likes on 4,116 Posts

One of those pass through socket sets for long bolts where all the gearing is on the outside is extremely useful to own. I use mine to make up a bleeding apparatus for the 997.1 clutch slave and it also works great for suspension work as you can hold the top of the strut with an Allen key or torx (whichever is correct) while loosening or tightening the nut using the ratchet, without the strut turning.

Here's a pic of the clutch bleeding apparatus that let's you loosen the bleed nipple then retighten it without removing the wrench and the fluid runs through the hole to a collection bag.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:39 AM
gwinder
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Lesson learned with the impact wrench....I think I was getting a little frustrated getting the nut back on because my spring compressors wouldn't fit inside the tight coil of the Techarts...once I get the new base I'm going to have my indie put the springs on....
Old 02-24-2017, 10:15 AM
DSC Sport
Former Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
If any one of the PASM shocks is plugged in incorrectly and the control module does not receive the proper inputs, the system defaults to full hard (sport mode) for safety. Unfortunately, the system doesn't flash the light on the button nor display an error message. TPC is considering changing this on their DSC controller as another value-ad to their upgrade.

The only way to really check it is by pressing the button to see if you can feel the suspension soften or stiffen - if not, it's stuck in full stiff default mode.
If the car in question has DSC there are other ways to check besides just pressing the button and trying to feel it out.

We have some diagnostics tools. You can run an "I" command for fault codes, using the DSC Sport Tuning Software. OR you can use the record function to record data and see if there is a signal being sent to all of the dampers.

Let us know if we can help.

~Jordan
Old 02-24-2017, 01:37 PM
Devil Boy
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

In my personal experience, I had some knocking occur after my H&R spring install and it was because nuts and bolts were not as tight as they should've been. Make sure everything is torqued to spec and then put a little hair on it (extra gudentite)...especially the top spring perch nut.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:04 AM
gwinder
Instructor

Devil boy....I think you're right...for sure I did not have the upper mount all the way on the shock absorber probably because i sheared off the guide...new mount should be here on Monday and then I'm coming to have a shop install the springs with a real spring compressor
Old 03-03-2017, 09:56 AM
gwinder
Instructor

All working correctly....

Quick Reply: Rear shocks knocking after Techart spring install