Sponsored by:

991 R will prices Tank?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 12:29 AM
GTsilber
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Wow that's cool!. Thanks for sharing. I did not realize there are more models PORSCHE released on a "Numbered" basis.

So do you have any idea if your 986 50th anniversary car is selling below, the same, or above MSRP? One thing I have observed is that these "Numbered" cars do command premium, unless like what i said mileage is higher than normal use and or questionable history.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
I sold mine for a fraction of MSRP, even a super mint example would fetch around $25-30k today, roughly 40% of MSRP. It was a pretty unique car but I always lusted for a 911 😍
Old 02-05-2017, 01:00 AM
E-Man
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Good morning. Definition of "Numbered" means finite production number with a "Plaque" somewhere in the car. Carrera GT was produced with no finite number in mind at the time of production but PORSCHE did track how many were made and the serial/VIN number (produced) is what most people allude to or misunderstood to say "Numbered." There's a difference between "Numbered" versus "Limited" production car.

Drive safe,w
GT3RS-Fan1
This is not accurate. Porsche did have a finite idea of how many Carrera GT's they would produce. It was 1,500, but most owners know it actually was 1,260 when safety standards changed in the U.S. for 2006. And yes all CGT's have a number inside the car. You've obviously never seen the inside of a car.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:54 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by GTsilber
What about the 986 50th anniversary SE, numbered plaque - 1953 cars. I had number 475/1953 👍
What about this one?

Old 02-05-2017, 03:43 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,631 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Value to me means how much enjoyment I get out of something, my car, my wife, my job, etc......
damn i guess my wife and job are not really valuable then.

R, you like it or not, is a R
will they continue to sell at current prices of 300 - 400 over msrp? no.
will they drop to msrp, i hope not. b/c when it does, we have have issues to worry about like "the second great depression with unemployment up to 50%"

while not all, but most of the R owners are such that a few millon dollars are just a small rounding errors. while hard to fathom (for me), we have seen clients who doesn't even bat an eye at $10MM loss.

my guess is that value will drop some but TANK in value is too strong a stmt
Old 02-05-2017, 04:04 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 939 Likes on 414 Posts

Yes, 911R is just a glorified parts-bin exercise car.

Yes, 911R is nothing special.

Yes, the 991.2 GT3 will be the same as the 911R.

Yes, all 911R owners will be screwed because the R will tank in value.

And finally, yes, all Porsche GT cars in the future will be sold by the dealers at MSRP.

Does this make the haters on RL feel better now?
Old 02-05-2017, 04:33 AM
80s
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Well if this is true, it makes my decision on whether to get the MT or PDK s, much easier. If there's no wing with the MT, I'll definitely go with the PDK s.
please elaborate. Youve had or have the current gt3 right? And love the pdk but could consider wingless pdk? ill take any advice i can get! (Preferably from gt3 drivers)
Old 02-05-2017, 04:42 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
You would have to be completely out of your gourd to buy a 2012 boxster or cayman black at msrp or above. Even with zero miles 5 years later. There was nothing special about those cars other than an extra 10hp and standard free options.
Not far as a concept when comparing some GT3 vs RS...
Old 02-05-2017, 04:47 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero

Originally Posted by 80s
please elaborate. Youve had or have the current gt3 right? And love the pdk but could consider wingless pdk? ill take any advice i can get! (Preferably from gt3 drivers)
the wingless discussion its the worst thread ever

Buy After sale parts
it s a 20 minutes job to make a wing GT3/RS a wingless one
Old 02-05-2017, 05:21 AM
fxz
Race Car

Originally Posted by E-Man
This is not accurate. Porsche did have a finite idea of how many Carrera GT's they would produce. It was 1,500, but most owners know it actually was 1,260 when safety standards changed in the U.S. for 2006. And yes all CGT's have a number inside the car. You've obviously never seen the inside of a car.
Even the beetle has a number
Old 02-05-2017, 05:29 AM
fxz
Race Car

Originally Posted by unotaz
Yes, 911R is just a glorified parts-bin exercise car.

Yes, 911R is nothing special.

Yes, the 991.2 GT3 will be the same as the 911R.

Yes, all 911R owners will be screwed because the R will tank in value.

And finally, yes, all Porsche GT cars in the future will be sold by the dealers at MSRP.

Does this make the haters on RL feel better now?
Yes R its a parts bin but

limiting a Manual Transmission bound to a real GT engine
is what screwed so many porsche long time customers

not the stripes or some cfc bumpers

vips are minority in terms of ppl number and cars volume sold

that's why very normal ppl like me got priority from pag
on getting next limited car whatever will be

regardless any kind of vip i ll get mine Period

considering the number of complains they are not so stupid to keep screwing
their best customers
until the point they will be forced to buy GT R F or Mc around for similar price

Last edited by fxz; 02-05-2017 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:11 AM
turbofreeFLAT6
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The plethora of limited editions shows that the specialness of the car has a greater effect on value than build numbers, and the 991 R is undoubtedly special. From all reports it is magically responsive and agile, more playful than a 991 RS and combines refinement with thrilling rawness.

However if the 991.2 GT3 can be ordered with a manual gearbox, optioned with PCCB and is set up to be just as special to drive, how much premium will buyers put on the R's 1.1kg lighter magnesium roof, 2.2 kg lighter carbon front wings, trademark stripes and houndstooth seat fabric? Even the 991 number built is unremarkable compared to 600 of the 997 RS 4.0, 682 of the 996 GT3 RS and an average of about 2,000 of each of the other models of 996 and 997 GT3 and GT3 RS; it's just that so far there has not been an equivalent to supply demand.

The 996/997 series is finished so its character, pecking order and numbers built are established. The 991 is still in it's infancy and each new version is likely to be better than the last, culminating in a run-out equivalent to the 997 RS 4.0. In this context I expect R prices will settle closer to those of the 991.2 GT3 than the 997 RS 4.0, putting it a long way below below current asking prices, which are generally well in excess of 997 RS 4.0 values.

The good thing is that most R owners appear to be in the happy position that they don't really care and the R will become more attainable for the rest of us.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:51 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 239 Likes on 139 Posts

^Disagree.. Looks like a turbo S
Old 02-05-2017, 09:29 AM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 269 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by sccchiii
You will just have to take me at my word.....yes I know it means nothing but trust me my eyes are witness, make plans to see some wingless .2GT3s from factory.

For the record as I stated earlier I'm firmly against a wingless gt3...
If true, would I be able to order MT with a wing? Or is it a mandatory delete by selecting Mt?
Old 02-05-2017, 09:44 AM
fxz
Race Car

Originally Posted by MEM82
If true, would I be able to order MT with a wing? Or is it a mandatory delete by selecting Mt?

Old 02-05-2017, 09:53 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

That says it all.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by mooty
damn i guess my wife and job are not really valuable then.

R, you like it or not, is a R
will they continue to sell at current prices of 300 - 400 over msrp? no.
will they drop to msrp, i hope not. b/c when it does, we have have issues to worry about like "the second great depression with unemployment up to 50%"

while not all, but most of the R owners are such that a few millon dollars are just a small rounding errors. while hard to fathom (for me), we have seen clients who doesn't even bat an eye at $10MM loss.

my guess is that value will drop some but TANK in value is too strong a stmt

Quick Reply: 991 R will prices Tank?