Sponsored by:

New RS Deliveries-Who's still waiting

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 12:05 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
kinda what I was thinking! cant wait to see it once all his tweaks are completed.

So far since mine has made it safely home I have only accomplished a few things:
1. Sharkwerks bypass exhaust
2. clear side markers
3. Red R decals will hopefully be placed tomorrow.

BTW, these bucket seats are a freaking pain in the **** to get out of! When I place my order for the new GT3.2, will definitely get the sofas, as that car will be more of a daily, take the wife out car. Once in them they are great. However exiting is a tricky process! My dad and brother can't even get in the RS because of these seats! Funny.

Hope everyone has good weather soon to get out and drive these monsters!
The seats will be something you will need to get use to, both entering and exiting, just need practice. Very easy for me being I'm small in stature. I was very concerned about them when I ordered them since nobody had them to try out but I'm so glad I got them. Next car will definitely have the lwb's.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:16 PM
Four Liter
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone hear anything about the cars that came in on the Goodwood ? Like others here I got the '' released for transport '' news Monday , but it's been crickets since . Inquired via e-mail to my sales guy today and have heard nothing .
Old 01-20-2017, 07:00 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
kinda what I was thinking! cant wait to see it once all his tweaks are completed.

So far since mine has made it safely home I have only accomplished a few things:
1. Sharkwerks bypass exhaust
2. clear side markers
3. Red R decals will hopefully be placed tomorrow.

BTW, these bucket seats are a freaking pain in the **** to get out of! When I place my order for the new GT3.2, will definitely get the sofas, as that car will be more of a daily, take the wife out car. Once in them they are great. However exiting is a tricky process! My dad and brother can't even get in the RS because of these seats! Funny.

Hope everyone has good weather soon to get out and drive these monsters!

If you do go the sofa route. You may want to order the car w Lwb, and perform the switch yourself. You can easily sell the buckets on their own. And if not. It will help resale value for the car.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:29 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
If you do go the sofa route. You may want to order the car w Lwb, and perform the switch yourself. You can easily sell the buckets on their own. And if not. It will help resale value for the car.
Great suggestion
Old 01-20-2017, 09:28 PM
996C2Cabriolet
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Four Liter
Anyone hear anything about the cars that came in on the Goodwood ? Like others here I got the '' released for transport '' news Monday , but it's been crickets since . Inquired via e-mail to my sales guy today and have heard nothing .
I got the released for transport news on Monday and car was delivered to the dealership on Wednesday. The car is still undergoing the pdi bc they found a few issues from the factory and need them corrected before I take the car.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:38 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by 996C2Cabriolet
I got the released for transport news on Monday and car was delivered to the dealership on Wednesday. The car is still undergoing the pdi bc they found a few issues from the factory and need them corrected before I take the car.
Congratulations! Mine was released for transport at Jacksonville Tuesday afternoon, but as of this morning did not show as having exited the port yet. System still says delivery the week ending 1/27, so patience is still in order.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:58 PM
Four Liter
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Guys - a little ride to the dealer is in order for tomorrow for a further explanation as to what is going on - my dealer is maybe 130 miles from Davisville .
Old 01-20-2017, 10:42 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,488 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by Four Liter
Ours was crickets too until late this afternoon. Dealer had zero news. Hubby called Reliable Trucking who had no record of the car. He was quite upset and then around 5 pm dealer called saying car will probably deliver late tomorrow (we don't know if it's afternoon or evening). I think they finally got a call from the trucker. It might be Intercity. In any case the dealer was in the dark until just before they called us.

Good luck - I'm sure you'll hear something soon.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:55 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Hey disden - I agree on the LWB. I have 'em in my GT4 and I love them but they are significantly more difficult to get in/out of compared to the LWB I had in the Cayman R (the 997 GT2/3 style).

We had the 18 way sofas in the yellow GT4 and they were VERY comfy! Highly recommend if it's not a track car.

For the LWB - I've seen photos of significant wear after only a few thousand miles. It actually surprised me because my C-R buckets looked new after 25K miles. I bought Crazy Eddie's bolster protectors for the GT4. They look OEM, and blend so well that no one notices them. The leather and stitching are OEM materials and his cost is quite reasonable. Install took about 15 minutes per seat.

I have no stake in Ed's business - I'm just a very satisfied customer. We bought a set for the RS which arrived a couple months ago. I think this generation of LWB wears faster because the bolster is higher and harder to get in/out so there is more "friction" especially on exit and maybe they changed the leather from years past. Whatever the difference, from what I could see the seats will show wear far faster than previous LWB generations.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:04 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine arrived on the Goodwood and was delivered to the dealer today but Intercity Lines.

Ryan
Old 01-20-2017, 11:08 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

^ Congratulations Ryan!
Old 01-20-2017, 11:11 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by reidry
Mine arrived on the Goodwood and was delivered to the dealer today but Intercity Lines.
Ryan
Wooooohoooo!! Congrats!! Love that shot!
Old 01-20-2017, 11:35 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Shall we start an over/under on when Phil/PT3 will surface?
Old 01-20-2017, 11:45 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by reidry
Mine arrived on the Goodwood and was delivered to the dealer today but Intercity Lines. Ryan
congrats
Old 01-20-2017, 11:45 PM
996C2Cabriolet
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ryan,
Congrats on the arrival of the new RS!
Mine also arrived from the Goodwood to the dealership this week awaiting pdi.

Quick Reply: New RS Deliveries-Who's still waiting