Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

'11 CTT - 19" winter wheels - where do you put the weights?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 12:36 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 763 Posts
Default '11 CTT - 19" winter wheels - where do you put the weights?

Bought 4 rims/tires from a fellow Renlister (hi Tom!)

These ones: http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/958TT19WWP.html

19" rims - look nice. After having a local tire shop swap the summer rims/rubber for these, I drove home and started setting tire pressure up the way I wanted it (the shop had it about 8PSI high all the way around.)

I realized the front wheels had no weights on them. I was puzzled since I could see the ghost of a weight on the inner barrel of the wheel. I finally realized that the reason there were no weights left on the front is - the caliper and wheel-barrel had about 1/4" (being generous) of clearance. And the caliper had knocked the weights off.

So - my question is - if you have this setup - a 958 with the red calipers (big 390mm disks) and 19" rims - where are your weights on the front rims? The rear is no problem - lots of room there.

The look is actually rather cool - looking at the rim - the brakes entirely fill it - the caliper is VERY visible, as is the brake rotor.

The package is "19-inch Cayenne Turbo winter wheel-and-tire set", described on the Porsche website as: "Note: For Cayenne Turbo and Cayenne GTS models, not in conjunction with Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)."

TIA!

From the Porsche website - obviously not a Turbo - silver calipers = S? or base..
Old 12-26-2016, 04:17 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Those are the same OEM 19" wheels on my '11 CTT. I'm still away from home for the holidays and don't have my CTT with me to look at right now, but it has the OEM type adhesive weights which are very low profile and pass between the inner wheel surface and the caliper.

You can see the weights in this picture if you look close...
Attached Images  
Old 12-26-2016, 05:14 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 763 Posts

Thanks. Have to make sure the tire shop has sent of those.

Quick Reply: '11 CTT - 19" winter wheels - where do you put the weights?