2004 Turbo Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 03:20 PM
stratos1
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2004 Turbo Body Kit

TTC 2004
Have had mine since 2008, did the coolant pipe upgrade immediateley when I bought it, at 36000 km, since then have changed 1 watercooling pump, 1 cardan shaft, all the coils, 1 air compressor, rear door struts all 4 2wice, Front suspension arms, and 1 plastic intake from the intercoolers to the engine. Car has 146000 km now.
Installed a Non genuine Techart body kit in 2010 as I didnt like the car the way it looked before, This was the best spent money desicion I made as it didnt cost me much.
Full body kit imported from Germany 3500 euros + 2000 euros to install it.
Sold my bumpers , hood and wheels also the navigation system for 2500 euro.
I will post photos of the build.

The following users liked this post:
ekstroemtj (06-23-2024)
Old 11-27-2016, 03:27 PM
stratos1
Intermediate

Since then, as I wasnt happy with the front hood , found a genuine Techart and sold mine, so it actually cost me 400 euros.
This is the second sets of rims 22 inch 295 width.
If you have any questions will be glad to help!

The following users liked this post:
ekstroemtj (06-23-2024)
Old 11-27-2016, 04:21 PM
vchris1987
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice job (ωραία δουλεία, και πολύ όμορφο). The shop billed you for just installing the kit or for painting also?
Old 11-27-2016, 04:34 PM
stratos1
Intermediate

Painting was extra, if I remember 400 -500 euros.
Shop was Argyros at Peristeri Nea Zoi, thats were I service the car, and the body kits are much better quality now, also price has gone up!
Old 11-27-2016, 04:41 PM
stratos1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vchris1987
nice job (ωραία δουλεία, και πολύ όμορφο). The shop billed you for just installing the kit or for painting also?
Painting was extra, if I remember 400 -500 euros.
Shop was Argyros at Peristeri Nea Zoi, thats were I service the car, and the body kits are much better quality now, also price has gone up!
Old 11-27-2016, 11:26 PM
Lionworks Auto
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What size spacers on wheels
Old 11-28-2016, 03:08 AM
stratos1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Lionworks Auto
What size spacers on wheels
45 mm Front and and 50mm rear, changed the wheel lugs to titanium supplied from techart
Old 11-28-2016, 09:12 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,453 Likes on 4,114 Posts

That looks awesome!

I'm currently in the midst of a similar project on my '09 Turbo S, but with a Misha Designs kit. I'm going to a 22" wheel, but wider (12") with a 315/30 tire, and probably a 30-35mm spacer. I'm glad to read about your spacers, as I wasn't sure you could have the tires protrude beyond the OEM fenders to fill out the add-on flares, and not have the body contact them, but from the looks of your photos, yours do exactly that and I'm assuming you're not having any issues?

Mine will look like this

but with these Varro wheels
Old 11-28-2016, 09:26 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Looks great! Nice work.
Old 11-28-2016, 02:52 PM
stratos1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Petza914
That looks awesome!

I'm currently in the midst of a similar project on my '09 Turbo S, but with a Misha Designs kit. I'm going to a 22" wheel, but wider (12") with a 315/30 tire, and probably a 30-35mm spacer. I'm glad to read about your spacers, as I wasn't sure you could have the tires protrude beyond the OEM fenders to fill out the add-on flares, and not have the body contact them, but from the looks of your photos, yours do exactly that and I'm assuming you're not having any issues?

Mine will look like this

but with these Varro wheels
You wont have any issues on the dry, but on the wet with 315, I dont know, I have 295 and with the wider stance when its raining I have to be extra cautious, especially on the highway, I suppose thats the only compromise I have to live with.
With pirellis scorpios all around max milage I get from the tyres is approx 30000km,if it is summer then I can extend it to 40000km but they will be totally worn out, dont recommend it, our summer is totally dry and temps go up to 42 celsius.
Also you will need to check that your wheels dont rub when at full lock in the front, my wheels are 10 inches wide and I have a slight rubbing at full lock on the inner fenders where the cooling grills are for the brakes. Just check that before buying the wheels. As for the spacers depending always on the offset of the wheels, but 30mm seems to less from what I can see from the body kit.
Old 11-28-2016, 02:54 PM
stratos1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dan87951
Looks great! Nice work.
Thanks for your kind words.
Old 11-28-2016, 03:25 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stratos1
You wont have any issues on the dry, but on the wet with 315, I dont know, I have 295 and with the wider stance when its raining I have to be extra cautious, especially on the highway, I suppose thats the only compromise I have to live with.
With pirellis scorpios all around max milage I get from the tyres is approx 30000km,if it is summer then I can extend it to 40000km but they will be totally worn out, dont recommend it, our summer is totally dry and temps go up to 42 celsius.
Also you will need to check that your wheels dont rub when at full lock in the front, my wheels are 10 inches wide and I have a slight rubbing at full lock on the inner fenders where the cooling grills are for the brakes. Just check that before buying the wheels. As for the spacers depending always on the offset of the wheels, but 30mm seems to less from what I can see from the body kit.
Thanks a lot for the input. The offset on my wheels is an et 50 so the same as the OEM 21"x10" wheel which means without a spacer it will be 1" closer to the strut (interfering) and 1" further out. Going with a 30mm spacer will move it just a bit further out to create inboard clearance and push it out just over 2" (55mm) vs. stock to fill out the fender flares, which look like they might be just slightly wider than yours.

With these specs, I'll be 10mm further out on the front than yours and 5mm further out in the rear, but I can play around with these widths to get them exactly right. I'm going to buy a few sets of spacers from a place that I can return them unopened for 30 days, along with a spacer test fitment kit. I'll start with the 30mm on the front and then use the kit to determine if the rears need to be a little wider since I don't have to factor in turning clearance on that axle. If necessary, due to rubbing, I can drop down to a 25mm for the front to get the new wheel & tire to clear the inside strut and not project as far out. This is the reason I ordered wheels with a fairly conservative offset so I could fine-tune with spacers, instead of trying to get it exactly right when ordering and not having any adjustability.

Your comment about stability in the wet is interesting and something I'll need to get a feel for with the first few drives. The 315/30-22 tire size is what the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 uses and the guys on that forum had good things to say about the tires I'll be running, so we'll see how it goes.
Old 11-28-2016, 04:01 PM
stratos1
Intermediate

Thanks a lot for the input. The offset on my wheels is an et 50 so the same as the OEM 21"x10" wheel which means without a spacer it will be 1" closer to the strut (interfering) and 1" further out. Going with a 30mm spacer will move it just a bit further out to create inboard clearance and push it out just over 2" (55mm) vs. stock to fill out the fender flares, which look like they might be just slightly wider than yours.

With these specs, I'll be 10mm further out on the front than yours and 5mm further out in the rear, but I can play around with these widths to get them exactly right. I'm going to buy a few sets of spacers from a place that I can return them unopened for 30 days, along with a spacer test fitment kit. I'll start with the 30mm on the front and then use the kit to determine if the rears need to be a little wider since I don't have to factor in turning clearance on that axle. If necessary, due to rubbing, I can drop down to a 25mm for the front to get the new wheel & tire to clear the inside strut and not project as far out. This is the reason I ordered wheels with a fairly conservative offset so I could fine-tune with spacers, instead of trying to get it exactly right when ordering and not having any adjustability.

What about lowering the car, are you going to do it. I f you are then your calculations will be a little off.
I use the Gemballa unit and the car can be driven on the lowest setting , same as the photos above.
Old 11-28-2016, 04:11 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stratos1
What about lowering the car, are you going to do it. I f you are then your calculations will be a little off.
I use the Gemballa unit and the car can be driven on the lowest setting , same as the photos above.
The kit actually makes the car look lower since the rockers are deeper than the turbo ones, the fender flares come out and down, and both the bumpers come down lower, so I was not planning to lower it, especially since it rides better on the Normal setting vs Sport, but drops to Sport on it's own at highway speeds. If the look isn't quite right once it's all done, I may lower it a little bit using the Durametric method or retraining the car what the height of each setting is. The PDF DIY on doing that is attached here.
Attached Images
Old 11-28-2016, 04:26 PM
stratos1
Intermediate

The kit actually makes the car look lower since the rockers are deeper than the turbo ones, the fender flares come out and down, and both the bumpers come down lower, so I was not planning to lower it, especially since it rides better on the Normal setting vs Sport, but drops to Sport on it's own at highway speeds. If the look isn't quite right once it's all done, I may lower it a little bit using the Durametric method or retraining the car what the height of each setting is. The PDF DIY on doing that is attached here.
Thanks,
To late for me! I paid 2000 euros for the Gemballa unit in 2010, good thing it has all the factory settings with a flick of a switch + another 4 lower positions, so total 8 height positions, that have been adjusted according to Gemballa and start from (highest position)approx
factory normal position setting. So with the Gemballa unit on, my normal position is same as factory low sport position. And parking mode can be activated so the car can go to lowest supermarket loading position if you like posing!
Thanks for the PDF DIY will keep it mind if a freind needs it.

Quick Reply: 2004 Turbo Body Kit