Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 front Smile

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 03:33 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Ummmm take a look at the pic again... looks like a modded TURBO to me???... looks like would create more down force then stock 997tt rear deck lid and goes with his other aero like mods IMO. Not all that giant... I think my factory aero 997.1 has a bigger wing.
for a modded 997TT I think fine but to each there own...

OP would say the smile alone on a stock 997 bumper is a no non.... On a factory porsche aero car sure or a car with other mods can work but not if rest of car is near stock outside.

Originally Posted by RaidersR1
That wing is UGLY. AT least to me anyway. Putting a big azz wing a on street Porsche is really silly. Best when used on the track. Hell the turbo has a smaller wing and it's waaaaaaay faster than this cab!!
Attached Images  
Old 11-22-2016, 03:37 PM
911PCarFun
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That wing is UGLY. AT least to me anyway. Putting a big azz wing a on street Porsche is really silly. Best when used on the track. Hell the turbo has a smaller wing and it's waaaaaaay faster than this cab!!
That is the turbo wing, just modified. I think that cab is a switzer car... pretty quick... certainly not a track car.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:49 PM
RaidersR1
Racer

Yes..the cab is a turbo. The style of the wing is ugly and I don't think those really huge wings make the car look good, to me anyway. The stock turbo wing are nice looking overall. Now if I had a GT3, that's a track car, but as a car on the street, the wings look silly. Just an opinion.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:51 PM
911PCarFun
Instructor

I think a lot of us would agree. For the most part I prefer wingless 911s, but I can still get down with something different
Old 11-22-2016, 04:26 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Yes..the cab is a turbo. The style of the wing is ugly and I don't think those really huge wings make the car look good, to me anyway. The stock turbo wing are nice looking overall. Now if I had a GT3, that's a track car, but as a car on the street, the wings look silly. Just an opinion.
Most gt3s as well as factory Porsche aero cars sold are not specific track duty cars.... Porsche has been adding "huge wings" as you put it to their street cars for decades. Many cars end up on autobahn or even run at 70-80+mph on the highways here in the states.... no doubt such aero is functional as well as aesthetically nice looking to many... your opinion not shared by Porsche (thank god) and by many others. But all entitled to opinions.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:17 PM
D3RP
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
On a factory porsche aero car sure or a car with other mods can work but not if rest of car is near stock outside.
This... Everything must be kept in balance. I see lots of great ideas for exterior mods on the forum but I won't allow myself to pull the trigger on a single item until my car is lowered first. Lowering IMO sets the tone for a car and then opens the door for other exterior mods to appear "acceptable". GT3 front clip and smiley included.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:10 AM
ALEV8
Three Wheelin'

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts

Mines a lowering asap.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:28 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,453 Likes on 4,114 Posts

I love the clean look of my RUF rear aero wing as I think the shape and placement suits the look of the car well. It originally had the fixed bi-plane design which I didn't like all that much when it was parked, so I converted it to Active Aero like that of the TT wings. Now it has a more subtle design when parked that I prefer and at 77 MPH it lifts for effectiveness. I can actually feel when it raises at that speed so it is doing something as far as downforce goes. Car is rock-solid into triple digit speeds

Only deploys to this position at speed of with the spoiler button

RUF uses a slightly different vent shape on their front bumper and the lip just in front of it creates a draw to suck out the hot air from the front radiator

I like the front vent even on standard bumpers as long as they have some sort of lip underneath to help with the look.

Quick Reply: GT3 front Smile