Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with these errors

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016 | 10:41 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Default help with these errors

I dropped off my car on October 23rd to get wrapped. The wrap material was delayed and this is why the car was not ready until today.

I went to pick up the car and when I turned it on I got the following errors. See above pictures. I know they disconnected the battery but this is not the first time I leave my car parked for such a long time without driving. Even those times I did not disconnect the battery and I never got such errors.

I did not drive the car yet, I told them I will pick it up later tonight. They did not touch anything mechanical as they just do a wrap. Has anyone gotten these errors before and what do they mean? Will they go away when I drive off or do I need to take it into the dealer?

A friend suggested to disconnect batter and re-connect it to see if errors will go away. I left before he gave me this suggestion. I forgot to mention the time and date were off, so I fixed the time but was not able to adjust the date.

Should I be worried with these errors?
Old 11-17-2016 | 11:08 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Not sure if this is identical, but check this thread and the linked post...

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post13611972

Hope you get it resolved asap.
Old 11-17-2016 | 11:24 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by RealityGT
Not sure if this is identical, but check this thread and the linked post... https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post13611972 Hope you get it resolved asap.
Looks like i was reading it at the same time you posted it here.

Only 1 of my faults are the same as on that thread. The good news is that thread mentioned it was an easy fix. OP had 4 errors i only have 2 so i hope it is an easy fix. Will try to disconnect the battery and see if that solves it.
Old 11-17-2016 | 11:26 AM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Battery low? The RWS definitely needs enough juice to make it work. Perhaps it is low, and needs charging
Old 11-17-2016 | 12:35 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Apparently they disconnected and connected battery and it went away

Going now to check for myself
Old 11-17-2016 | 05:58 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Had the worst luck today possible

So yes i had those two error codes which went away after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery but on my way home is where the bad luck hit me

Apparently my headlights were not installed properly so as i was going 60 mph or faster one of the headlights was gliding right in front of my windshield for a second i thought the wrap of my car came loose then i saw a cable attached to this thing that i noticed was the headlight and before it disconnected from the car completely it hit the body a couple of times

Light is completely broken and now i have some dents

Went straight back to the wrap place and told them i'm not paying for this and left my car with them

I enjoyed my car for literally 20 minutes after it being gone for 3 weeks

They are going to have to re-wrap the parts with dents and i hope the dents are not on the body and just the wrap but i think it is also on the body

I will share pics when i get to the computer, also they will have to buy me 1 new LED headlight

I called sun coast apparently a pair of black LED lights is $4k but for a single clear LED light it is $2,300 after discount and he said for a pair it is $4,600 not sure how the clear ones are more expensive than the black ones

I wonder if the dealer here can get them individually or can only order them by pair if only by pair and the price is same or less then i am going to push for the black ones

Last edited by GT3 KSA; 11-17-2016 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-17-2016 | 07:33 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Sorry to hear about your problems. Best of luck and hope everything is soon back to normal.
Old 11-18-2016 | 07:11 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

apparently the pic of the grill on hood is just the wrap and not a dent - thank god for that

the one on the fender though is a dent

just spoke to the owner of the shop now and meeting him at 4:30 PM today to go over the damage of the car but he assured me that they will take care of everything

Quick Reply: help with these errors