Sponsored by:

New Wheels - New Look!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 01:05 AM
raolc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sterz85
Do you have any pictures from the back? curious how the tires look without the arches?

are you thinking of installing the turbo arches or the gts arches?
Here you go, hope this is what you were looking for!

I was a little limited on space so if you want one further out I can try again later.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:08 AM
raolc
Instructor

I also have a question...

Where can I find some black lugs? I've tried a few places (Amazon, Pep Boys, American Tire Depot) with no luck. Searching online doesn't seem to give me any results.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:37 AM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

I would just spray them yourself. Regardless of where you buy them they are going to get marred like crazy the first time a grease monkey touches them with an impact driver.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:06 AM
Philip Goughary
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by raolc

Where can I find some black lugs? I've tried a few places (Amazon, Pep Boys, American Tire Depot) with no luck. Searching online doesn't seem to give me any results.
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/95XLUG.html
Old 10-28-2016, 01:12 PM
SRS
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.ecstuning.com/ES2724956/
Old 10-28-2016, 05:31 PM
raolc
Instructor

Originally Posted by SRS
Awesome, thank you!
Old 10-28-2016, 05:34 PM
raolc
Instructor

Originally Posted by Philip Goughary
Good find, for some reason I didn't see that. I'll get these or the ECS Tuning ones then. ECS tuning is a bit cheaper but I might go with suncoast out of convenience (and safety of going OEM) since I'm buying a lot of other stuff from them soon.
Old 10-30-2016, 12:15 AM
sterz85
Track Day

Here you go, hope this is what you were looking for!

I was a little limited on space so if you want one further out I can try again later.
thank you very much for the pictures. i was curious how they will look without the arches.

i think they look pretty good and don't feel the arches are necessary (they are not sticking out pass the fenders)
Old 10-30-2016, 07:30 PM
Sgt Beavis
Intermediate

thank you very much for the pictures. i was curious how they will look without the arches.

i think they look pretty good and don't feel the arches are necessary (they are not sticking out pass the fenders)
Yep, this has me considering new wheels on my 2016.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:34 PM
LS 1Life
Intermediate

That looks amazing.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:34 AM
raolc
Instructor

Glad you also feel the same way. I guess after some thought it's not the arches that I'm so crazy about, I just don't want any textured pieces. So I'm trying to figure out if it's much cheaper to get the textured pieces properly prepped and painted to match the car or if it's a small price difference to just go for the sport design package that has the pieces primered and ready for paint. Hopefully I'll get some final quotes this week!
Old 10-31-2016, 07:28 AM
sterz85
Track Day

Glad you also feel the same way. I guess after some thought it's not the arches that I'm so crazy about, I just don't want any textured pieces. So I'm trying to figure out if it's much cheaper to get the textured pieces properly prepped and painted to match the car or if it's a small price difference to just go for the sport design package that has the pieces primered and ready for paint. Hopefully I'll get some final quotes this week!
Why not just get the chrome window trim/chrome strip on the trunk wrapped in vinyl for 200-300$ and get some lowering links ($150) and call it a day until you get the itch again to mod the car.

That's my plan for mine. Just waiting for the Michigan winter to pass before putting the 21" rims and lowering links.

Getting the gloss black vinyl wrap done the 2nd week of November.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:18 AM
Glaze88
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice
Old 11-09-2016, 09:36 PM
raolc
Instructor

Why not just get the chrome window trim/chrome strip on the trunk wrapped in vinyl for 200-300$ and get some lowering links ($150) and call it a day until you get the itch again to mod the car.

That's my plan for mine. Just waiting for the Michigan winter to pass before putting the 21" rims and lowering links.

Getting the gloss black vinyl wrap done the 2nd week of November.
I think I will try getting it out of my head for now and doing the simple stuff. It seems like having the sportdesign kit installed will cost me almost 1/5 of the car's value which I can't justify in any way. Painting the textured pieces seems like a great route but I'm not ready to part with the car for the week or two that it'll take just yet.

I haven't seen much good said about the lowering links but I'm definitely doing the window trim/chrome strim on the trunk wrap soon too. Good luck with yours!

Quick Reply: New Wheels - New Look!