997.2 C4 PDK broken input/output shafts

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 05:59 AM
93Siro
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.2 C4 PDK broken input/output shafts

Greetings,

Long story short the mechanic broke the input and output shafts of the transmission. Locally (Iran), i only could find whole transmission for 10K. My question is does anyone know if Porsche sells the shafts? What options do i have?

Thanks
Old 08-23-2016, 09:53 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,506 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by 93Siro
Greetings,

Long story short the mechanic broke the input and output shafts of the transmission. Locally (Iran), i only could find whole transmission for 10K. My question is does anyone know if Porsche sells the shafts? What options do i have?

Thanks
Bummer.... you are in uncharted territory. Try cross posting over at RennTech, where, I believe, their board owners have a shop.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 08-23-2016, 09:59 AM
snake eyes
Three Wheelin'

Received 360 Likes on 222 Posts

Two options...buy a new one from Porsche or try to find a salvage one from a wrecked Porsche.
If the mechanic was at fault I would make them get you one from Porsche
Old 08-23-2016, 10:44 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,506 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by 93Siro
Greetings,

Thanks
I recommend you pull down the "Katalog" and see if the part you need is listed. As I understand it, if the part is not listed here with a number, then they don't sell it. I pulled here the pages from my 2009 Katalog the PDK part pages, I may have missed some, so have at it. Good luck.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Old 08-23-2016, 04:39 PM
93Siro
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
Bummer.... you are in uncharted territory. Try cross posting over at RennTech, where, I believe, their board owners have a shop.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Originally Posted by snake eyes
Two options...buy a new one from Porsche or try to find a salvage one from a wrecked Porsche.
If the mechanic was at fault I would make them get you one from Porsche
New one from Porsche is around 17000 dollars. I'm trying to be kind and make it easy on the mechanic. Locally i could only find one transmission (Dubai) and that's still 10000 dollars.
Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
I recommend you pull down the "Katalog" and see if the part you need is listed. As I understand it, if the part is not listed here with a number, then they don't sell it. I pulled here the pages from my 2009 Katalog the PDK part pages, I may have missed some, so have at it. Good luck.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
You are correct. They don't sell any internal parts individually. Only 2 sets of gaskets and oil.

I got in touch with good people at Technical Dimensions. I'm going to send them pictures of the shafts to see what we can do.

I also got a response from LA Dismantler they told they will get a stock box in a week. What are the reputation of these guys? It's my first time trying to get used parts unseen from another hemisphere and i can sense that there is a lot that can go wrong lol.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:38 PM
93Siro
5th Gear

LA Dismantler just told me 8000 dollars for a 31000 miles unit. They have a 991 trans on their site with 800 miles for 5400 dollars i don't know how and why they thought i would accept that deal.

Quick Reply: 997.2 C4 PDK broken input/output shafts