Location of front lift sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 09:28 AM
bovien
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Location of front lift sensors?

Anyone know?
Even better: any illustrations of the system available?

I'm having the issue of no 'lift' light on in the dash, and lift won't go down. Hoping for the sensors as pump is way to expensive a fix. Hence would like to know placement and figure how to get to all parts of the system to check out.

Thanks!
Old 07-30-2016, 11:09 AM
Parikh1234
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Second, would love to know this as well.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:04 PM
adi_d
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by bovien
Anyone know?
Even better: any illustrations of the system available?

I'm having the issue of no 'lift' light on in the dash, and lift won't go down. Hoping for the sensors as pump is way to expensive a fix. Hence would like to know placement and figure how to get to all parts of the system to check out.

Thanks!
I recently had the same issue and it turned out to be one of the pump membranes not holding pressure. The pump assembly is replaced as a single piece and it costs about $9800 with an invoice price of about $7000.

When I was looking for mine, a shop in Los Angeles had a slightly used one for $2500 if you need to replace it. Really sucked.
Old 07-30-2016, 02:30 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,789 Likes on 1,089 Posts

This is all the parts, except for the dampers themselves. pump is located in the center tunnel area just behind steering rack.

14,15, 21 are pressure switches. the individual parts numbers should be available as replacements.

there is a computer somewhere too, a couple relays, and the switch. that's about it.

i believe this works based on pressure, not location, possible replacing a switch might do it.
Old 07-31-2016, 01:31 PM
bovien
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks!
Im not going to throw 7000$ after it, but would like to check if I can do anything myself.
Is it hard to get to after removing plastic covers?

First, I'm going to reset ECUs by disconnecting battery. Having not done this in this car before, will any settings be reset (PCM and so) by this?
Old 07-31-2016, 02:03 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by adi_d
I recently had the same issue and it turned out to be one of the pump membranes not holding pressure. The pump assembly is replaced as a single piece and it costs about $9800 with an invoice price of about $7000. When I was looking for mine, a shop in Los Angeles had a slightly used one for $2500 if you need to replace it. Really sucked.
Has to be fixable - does this unit exist on any other car? Ideally VW or Audi? Often you can find the sister part and way cheaper prices and also find individual components
Old 07-31-2016, 06:48 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,789 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Shops theory is fact the coolant pipes run right next to it the heat messes these things up.
Probably fixable pull codes and see what it is. If switches can be fixed.
Access is easy but hard if on your back on jack stands. Lift makes it way easier.
Unless you need it pull it.

Quick Reply: Location of front lift sensors?