Old 07-22-2016, 12:09 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 369 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by switchface
Wow, tremendous gains!

To be honest, I'm not familiar with Dundon at all, but all of the GT3 guys have been drooling over the prospect of a Dundon GT4 header since last year. Now I see why. Subscribed!
Appreciate that, winning hearts and minds with science and data!

Originally Posted by mrd_spy
looks mega work

headers, TB and tune is the key I would love to see though.
still have to optimize the tune for the final rev of race headers on Monday. We'll see about getting a TB and others we have a few other ideas in mind as well to help the top end out...
Old 07-23-2016, 04:44 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Dundon GT4 Final Rev Race Header vs Stock, no Tune

Dundon GT4 Final Rev Race Header vs Stock, no Tune Detail

Just updating with the dyno graphs showing the gains. This is Bolt on no tune.

Dundon GT4 Final Rev Race Header + Dundon Pro Tune on Cobb AP vs Stock

Dundon GT4 Final Rev Race Header + Dundon Pro Tune on Cobb AP vs Stock Detail

Here's the dyno graphs for our Tune 106 that needs some more tweaking, we're at 374whp peak (hard to tell from the dyno). We'll see if we can get anymore out of her...

Also anyone local to Washington that wants to come out and see/hear what we've been up to we'll be at the Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton testing the system on the track on 7/29.

We have bends and collectors coming in for our production mockups. should have them the end of the week, beginning of August we finalize bends and at that point will have a good idea of pricing. We'll post a new thread then with finalized pricing, dyno's, videos from the track etc... Our plan is to be able to ship by the beginning to middle of Sept.

Last edited by Jamie@dundonmotorsports; 07-23-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:06 PM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 114 Posts

Any intro/group buy going to be available? Great results I knew I waited for these for a reason. Really debating on a tune now as there are some serious gains there.
Old 07-23-2016, 07:23 PM
Charles@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CarAholic
Any intro/group buy going to be available? Great results I knew I waited for these for a reason. Really debating on a tune now as there are some serious gains there.
Yes we plan to have an Intro price and group buy on the first batch we do. Pricing is not yet set as we do not have confirmed costs on materials yet. Best I can say at this point is that It will be less than the 991 GT3 headers and side pipes because the Gt4 will be only headers not headers and valved side pipes.

As for the tune. We have a lot more to do on the tune on this we just need more time and more maps opened to do what we want to on the Gt4.
Charles@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 07-25-2016, 09:17 AM
xxrockmanxneoxx
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome... these results are just from the race headers and a tune. This is with the stock PSE?
Old 07-25-2016, 09:22 AM
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by xxrockmanxneoxx
awesome... these results are just from the race headers and a tune. This is with the stock PSE?
The last post from jamie is

Stock vs just race headers first 2 graphs

Stock vs race headers and tune last 2 graphs.

This is all with the stock PSE exhaust.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:43 AM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 114 Posts

Are you thinking there will be anything to gain from an exhaust?
Old 07-25-2016, 09:55 AM
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by CarAholic
Are you thinking there will be anything to gain from an exhaust?
We have already done some testing with our prototype exhaust. To get the most benefit from the exhaust from a power standpoint we recommend our headers and full finalized tune first. We have also done a lot of testing with different exhaust designs and we do know what will make power and what will lose power on a GT4. Just because it fits in the car doesn't mean it will make more.

Our exhaust will be worth it and will be much lighter. It will probably be louder than the stock PSE but we plan on offering it with exhaust flaps to keep the drone away.

With that being said, anyone that is happy with the stock PSE exhaust and does not want to replace it with anything aftermarket, then I would not. It sounds great and is quiet when you want. Those that want the best sound possible and want it loud and light will want our full setup.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:01 AM
xxrockmanxneoxx
Instructor

Originally Posted by Charles@dundonmotorsports
We have already done some testing with our prototype exhaust. To get the most benefit from the exhaust from a power standpoint we recommend our headers and full finalized tune first. We have also done a lot of testing with different exhaust designs and we do know what will make power and what will lose power on a GT4. Just because it fits in the car doesn't mean it will make more.

Our exhaust will be worth it and will be much lighter. It will probably be louder than the stock PSE but we plan on offering it with exhaust flaps to keep the drone away.

With that being said, anyone that is happy with the stock PSE exhaust and does not want to replace it with anything aftermarket, then I would not. It sounds great and is quiet when you want. Those that want the best sound possible and want it loud and light will want our full setup.
Great approach
Old 07-25-2016, 12:13 PM
trebien
Racer

It will probably be louder than the stock PSE but we plan on offering it with exhaust flaps to keep the drone away.
Personally, I would only consider an aftermarket exhaust if it had flaps and integrated into the PSE control button. My car sees to much street use for it to be screaming ALL the time.

Impressive gains, and in your dynos... the top end has the 6500-7500 RPM dip and drops off modified or not... which isn't surprising, and "in line" with the stock power curve.

What do you think is the cause of the dip between 6500-7500 RPM? Is that an intake issue? A resonance issue? Exhaust flow issue?

Do you think the exhaust will help those areas, or is that mainly an issue on the intake side... where a plenum/TB will help in that area? I know you said you are working on some other products...
Old 07-25-2016, 12:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by trebien
Personally, I would only consider an aftermarket exhaust if it had flaps and integrated into the PSE control button. My car sees to much street use for it to be screaming ALL the time.

Impressive gains, and in your dynos... the top end has the 6500-7500 RPM dip and drops off modified or not... which isn't surprising, and "in line" with the stock power curve.

What do you think is the cause of the dip between 6500-7500 RPM? Is that an intake issue? A resonance issue? Exhaust flow issue?

Do you think the exhaust will help those areas, or is that mainly an issue on the intake side... where a plenum/TB will help in that area? I know you said you are working on some other products...
The dips are all there and will be there until we are able to fully remove them. We know what and why and how just need the time and a few other resources.

If you compare the stock tune with headers dyno to our headers and tune dyno, you can see how we are able to flatten out the 3000-4500rpm spot. We can do this all the way up to redline soon we hope. Once we have fully dealt with this issue and have a fix ourselves, then we would be more able to share what is causing that.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:47 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

As Charles said,

The dips in the peak power we believe to be tune related, we're working with Cobb on some updates to open up a few maps to help with this...

There is fruit on the intake side, we have some things inbound to test...
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 07-25-2016, 06:58 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 183 Posts

Whenever I read Dundon, I hear Law and Order's transition sound effect.

Name:  753456 small.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  4.6 KBName:  index.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  1.6 KB

Last edited by d00d; 10-28-2017 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:58 PM
user1029
Drifting

Received 558 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by d00d
Whenever I read Dundon, I hear Law and Order's transition sound effect.

Attachment 1074010Attachment 1074009

dun don don
Old 07-25-2016, 08:17 PM
4ttro
Intermediate

Yes we plan to have an Intro price and group buy on the first batch we do. Pricing is not yet set as we do not have confirmed costs on materials yet. Best I can say at this point is that It will be less than the 991 GT3 headers and side pipes because the Gt4 will be only headers not headers and valved side pipes. As for the tune. We have a lot more to do on the tune on this we just need more time and more maps opened to do what we want to on the Gt4.
Ballpark figure on price of headers? Any progress updates?

Quick Reply: Dundon Motorsports Update