Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

order it direct and wait, make sure u join the VIP club for future purchases
Old 06-23-2016, 01:14 PM
JonA85
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
order it direct and wait, make sure u join the VIP club for future purchases
It won't let me the website. It just says temporarily out of stock. Hahaha. Note to self.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:25 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by JonA85
It won't let me the website. It just says temporarily out of stock. Hahaha. Note to self.
When I tried a couple of weeks ago it also said out of stock but it let me place the order anyway and told me it would be approximately a 30 day wait. Maybe there are so many back ordered at this point that they have suspended the ordering process.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:17 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

^^^just like the real thing huh!
Old 06-23-2016, 05:18 PM
JonA85
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

Except he paid MSRP.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:25 PM
Oakcliff
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Feels just like a real Porsche. I went online at midnight and ordered it at MSRP on June 1st when it first came out. It was back ordered and the website said it would take at least 30 days. Currently my account says "waiting for new stock."
Old 06-23-2016, 06:41 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

i did pay MSRP at the Lego store the first week it came out, I actually also have one ordered online the first day of orders and am still waiting, I heard there was an issue with boxes they are redesigning
Old 06-23-2016, 06:50 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 520 Posts

i did pay MSRP at the Lego store the first week it came out, I actually also have one ordered online the first day of orders and am still waiting, I heard there was an issue with boxes they are redesigning
That's actually pretty funny. I think a fellow RLer wrote to let them know that the photo of the interior on the box was a 981 variant, not a GT3RS.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:28 AM
Gene@AtlantaPerimeter
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked mine up on June 1st. The detail on this piece is very impressive! It will look good next to my 917K model.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:02 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Received the following from Lego today regarding my order. Looks like it may be a while for those who've ordered on line.

Dear LEGO® Customer,

We’re really sorry to keep you waiting for your LEGO® Technic 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

We try really hard to make sure every LEGO set arrives in perfect condition and we’ve recently discovered that some boxes for the LEGO Technic Porsche are being damaged during shipping. We want to make sure LEGO fans ordering this set have the best experience, so we’ve decided to delay sending the sets until we’ve fixed the problem. Our teams are now working hard to improve the packaging and we plan to start sending out orders again in August.

We understand how disappointing this may be for you and would like to give you a $25 gift card for the inconvenience. We’ll send the gift card as soon as your LEGO Technic Porsche ships. It will arrive separately and can be used towards a future LEGO purchase.

Alternatively, you may be able to find the Porsche at a LEGO Store near you. Although quantities will be very limited, the boxes are getting to our stores without damage to the package. If you’re able to find one and want to cancel your current order, please call us at (800) 835-4386. We’re here for you from 8am to 10pm EST, Monday to Friday and from 10am to 6pm EST, Saturday and Sunday.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:30 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Received the following from Lego today regarding my order. Looks like it may be a while for those who've ordered on line.

Dear LEGO® Customer,

We’re really sorry to keep you waiting for your LEGO® Technic 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

We try really hard to make sure every LEGO set arrives in perfect condition and we’ve recently discovered that some boxes for the LEGO Technic Porsche are being damaged during shipping. We want to make sure LEGO fans ordering this set have the best experience, so we’ve decided to delay sending the sets until we’ve fixed the problem. Our teams are now working hard to improve the packaging and we plan to start sending out orders again in August.

We understand how disappointing this may be for you and would like to give you a $25 gift card for the inconvenience. We’ll send the gift card as soon as your LEGO Technic Porsche ships. It will arrive separately and can be used towards a future LEGO purchase.

Alternatively, you may be able to find the Porsche at a LEGO Store near you. Although quantities will be very limited, the boxes are getting to our stores without damage to the package. If you’re able to find one and want to cancel your current order, please call us at (800) 835-4386. We’re here for you from 8am to 10pm EST, Monday to Friday and from 10am to 6pm EST, Saturday and Sunday.
Manager at a Denver area Lego store said that, for the time being, all kits were being sent to the stores and on-line orders were not being fulfilled. She also said more kits will become available so no need to pay eBay or similar prices unless you don't want to wait. They received a couple of kits this week and I picked one up.
Old 06-26-2016, 03:42 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 172 Likes on 92 Posts

I got tired of waiting so I went out and picked one up. The Lego store had a few in the morning but were sold out by the afternoon. It's a very cool model with shifting gears, steering, moving pistons/crank, drive and neutral, and working suspension.

I put a wrong piece in and had to dismantle a bunch. Then when I got the correct piece installed, I realized a gear fell out and I had to take it apart again. Frustrating and fun. I'm still not 100% sure it's back together properly.

Seams to have an open diff though. Also no easy camber adjustment.

Old 06-26-2016, 03:57 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

^^^ could be worse, people who bought other Legos could have got the first ones at MSRP and the dealers could be essentially auctioning them off to highest bidder
Old 06-26-2016, 04:42 PM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Loess
I got tired of waiting so I went out and picked one up. The Lego store had a few in the morning but were sold out by the afternoon. It's a very cool model with shifting gears, steering, moving pistons/crank, drive and neutral, and working suspension.

I put a wrong piece in and had to dismantle a bunch. Then when I got the correct piece installed, I realized a gear fell out and I had to take it apart again. Frustrating and fun. I'm still not 100% sure it's back together properly.

Seams to have an open diff though. Also no easy camber adjustment.

looks great! Make sure to watch the first video I posted on the first page from about the 3:35 mark until the 4:00 mark so you can make sure you did the gears correctly as there is a small error in the instructions. So check that before you go any further since you can still get to them.

Edit, In the pic, it looks like you're missing one of the small planetary gears! That's the one that fell out I'm assuming. hopefully you got it back in!
^^^ could be worse, people who bought other Legos could have got the first ones at MSRP and the dealers could be essentially auctioning them off to highest bidder
^
Old 06-26-2016, 05:10 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 172 Likes on 92 Posts

That picture should have all the gears in there. It's a bad photo. I did correct the gears as well. And I had a few small odd pieces left over from box 1. I'll do better on the next one.

Quick Reply: Lego Technic GT3RS: Who Bought One?