Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's learned from the German Cleaning Ladies at Le Mans ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 06:30 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Come back...Savyboy!

Originally Posted by lessthan3mph
While we're analyzing the photos and speculating, I'll take a stab at it too.
And a pretty good one at that, Daniel! Way to go.

Originally Posted by Nizer
But will it be enough to entice Savyboy back to the fold??
Originally Posted by neanicu
Savyboy is getting the R
I miss Savyboy. We need to get him back from misadventures
with Chevies & BAC Monos in desert roads near his Galena 'log
cabin' just outside Reno on the Mt. Rose Highway. There was
a time when he had Andreas Preuninger writing on his bonnets!

Come back Shane!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
Old 06-23-2016, 08:01 PM
The New 911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Don't give auto gallery any ideas
EF`FIN A Bubbah! It doesn't help that their Dealership is located so Close to that SoCal LA Chopped-Off-Head Money Burning Liquid Asset's Mentality, Right there around Beverly Hill, Westwood and the Hollyweird Hills.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:36 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I believe there is a distinction between this bumper (?GT2RS) and the ".2 GT3" spy shot bumper.

"GT2RS": vertical separation between centre and side front intakes

".2 GT3": angled separation between centre and side front intakes (Note it is inwards leaning like A, not outwards leaning like V on .1 GT3)

Also the two bumpers also appear to differ in width. The former is wider like the GT3 RS, the latter same width as the GT3.

While we're analyzing the photos and speculating, I'll take a stab at it too. IMV it appears the side indicator lamp is integrated into the bumper (not protruding along its lower edge like on the current RS), and below this where it is covered up, I suspect there is some new additional aero element. I'm guessing the canards/flics are temporary to produce the same downforce while this aero element is covered up (just like how they put in flics on the RS mules while the louvres were covered). Notice in this older mule below, they only covered a thinner strip in front of the wheel.

I wonder if it may look a bit like the Turbo sport design package (as seen on this other possible mule).

Or maybe a bit like the Speciale???

Next, I'm not sure what the side intakes will look like, but that they're covered up suggests they'll be different from the current RS/Turbo.

Also, the exhaust looks to be a fairly final form, but since the exhaust tips are spread more widely from the centre, I wonder if this leaves space where the centre muffler would have been to create an even better diffuser. Looks like they've covered up a section in the middle here, where perhaps a new diffuser element will sit (and may extend back from the "pan diffuser" that the 911R has, all the way back to the rear bumper??).

Clearly also the intercooler exhausts are covered up still, and I noticed the rear reflectors are placed higher than the Turbo, so maybe there is more room for a taller (larger) intercooler exhaust outlet.

They also have still retained the deck lid scoops making me wonder if these are for the engine. If so, maybe the side intakes are strictly for the intercoolers again (like on the Turbo). (So much for the ram air effect??)

Finally, I suspect they've redesigned the wing end plates (since they're also covered), and perhaps the wing uprights.

BTW, same guy is driving this mule as some of the older spy shots (see above). Anyone recognize him? A high level engineer maybe?
The fellow executive/engineer driving this car with plate 3245 I believe was the same fellow driving a silver
GT3 with red wheels and red wing caps back in 13 at the time or pre rollout
of first production, photographed in Stuttgart . It's the car in "Calexio" avatar
I had printed that photo as I thought it was very special at the time , the car
was finished production ,not as this car in mule form.
note pictured in this thread another with plate 3246 and 9004
My guess GT2/RS and not that far from production ,
I not nearly as dialed in as may here justsayin my guess
Old 06-23-2016, 09:06 PM
Pro

Received 167 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
this should be posted in the 911R thread.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:19 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

BTW, same guy is driving this mule as some of the older spy shots (see above). Anyone recognize him? A high level engineer maybe?
maybe someone has some kind of facial recognition software and we can find this guy, then we could facebook friend him and start asking him questions
Old 06-23-2016, 09:36 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 116 Posts

Paris or Geneva show?
Old 06-24-2016, 03:27 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

R.Deacon, I think you mean this car, however to me the driver looks to be like he might be a different man (maybe just the photo)??? FWIW, this car was rumoured to be Mr. Mueller's, but who knows...

Old 06-24-2016, 07:16 AM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
Car looks mean all around. Front and rear bumpers look great. Wonder if the wing is different from the RS. Must be since it's being covered up?
Old 06-24-2016, 08:21 AM
Porschito
5th Gear

R.Deacon, I think you mean this car, however to me the driver looks to be like he might be a different man (maybe just the photo)??? FWIW, this car was rumoured to be Mr. Mueller's, but who knows...

Looks like Wolfgang Hatz
Old 06-24-2016, 08:55 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by dark knight
maybe someone has some kind of facial recognition software and we can find this guy, then we could facebook friend him and start asking him questions
Originally Posted by Z356
I miss Savyboy. We need to get him back from misadventures with Chevies & BAC Monos in desert roads near his Galena 'log
cabin' just outside Reno on the Mt. Rose Highway. There was
a time when he had Andreas Preuninger writing on his bonnets!

Eduardo
Scottsdale
Originally Posted by Nizer
But will it be enough to entice Savyboy back to the fold??
Originally Posted by neanicu
Savyboy is getting the R
Lol! Too funny. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to be remembered I still post every now and then, not in witness protection or anything like that

Everyone follows their own path right? Mine has been to get progressively more hardcore. The Porsches are all long gone, the Z/28 is gone, the BAC Mono (titled/registered/street legal and financing available ) is on consignment (make me an offer!) at SF Motorsports. Wolf GB08SM delivery in a couple weeks. May be weird to some but I no longer have desire for a "street race car", prefer a turned-up-to-11 experience a couple times a month instead.

I do enjoy keeping up with the Porsche world though and read you guys frequently! Keep up the good work and carry on!

Last edited by savyboy; 01-29-2017 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:17 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

exactly the car I had remembered , sure was top dog car and plate then
(for some Still)
Old 06-24-2016, 11:33 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschito
Looks like Wolfgang Hatz
That does look like Hatz, so it obviously wasn't him driving the latest mule.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:15 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,843 Likes on 955 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Wolf GB08SM delivery in a couple weeks. May be weird to some but I no longer have desire for a "street race car", prefer a turned-up-to-11 experience a couple times a month instead.
So 1144lbs and capable of generating 1400lbs of downforce? Sounds like a hoot.

Sebring video in attached looks like a 2:08, which if correct is bang in line with well driven 991 Cup.

http://www.windingroad.com/articles/...sm-and-gb08cn/

Who/what do you run with?

Quick Reply: What's learned from the German Cleaning Ladies at Le Mans ?