Old 06-14-2016, 04:28 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 445 Likes on 264 Posts
Default GMG Racing: LO GT3RS With TechArt Carbon Trim

GMG Racing: Lava Orange GT3RS With TechArt Carbon Trim

This Lava Orange 991 GT3RS was recently back in our Orange County facility to have a few TechArt carbon fiber accents put on. The car was already running a GMG center section and roll bar, but the client wanted to add a few visual touches to help enunciate the car’s already arresting presence. Seeing how TechArt recently released an exclusive line of carbon fiber replacement components, we wanted to try them out.

I am a stickler for perfection when dealing with carbon fiber accents. All too often, parts that look perfect in internet photos fall far short in reality. Uneven weaving, bubbles in the resin, etc., are more common than most like to admit. I have worked on more than one SEMA project that ultimately had various carbon accents spray-painted as a last-minute fix. However, the TechArt components we received were nothing short of automotive artwork. The weave continuity, and finish, was OEM-quality . By replacing the front louvers, side mirrors, and side air intake trims we were able to strike just the right balance and arrived at a subtly dramatic look.

The bark emanating out of the GMG WC-GT center section turns heads, while the TechArt carbon accents helps to create a feast for the eyes.

We are an authorized dealer for all TechArt products. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment give us a call or send me an email.

Parts List (click for links):

-GMG WC-GT T304 Exhaust Center Section
-GMG LMS Chromoly Roll Bar
-TechArt Gloss Carbon Side Air Intake Trims
-TechArt Gloss Carbon FrontWheel Arch Air Outlets
-TechArt Gloss Carbon Mirrors

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series

Last edited by gmgracing; 06-14-2016 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:36 PM
Biglife
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks AMAZING. Very tempting... What product did you use to get that phenomenal shine?
Old 06-14-2016, 08:21 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,458 Likes on 761 Posts

Yep - it would be very tempting for me to do this if I had an RS - I hope they make a Carbon piece for the black section on engine cover in back because that is one area that is hideous looking and a CF replacement would look stunning
Old 06-15-2016, 04:14 AM
GT3ZZZ
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Yep - it would be very tempting for me to do this if I had an RS - I hope they make a Carbon piece for the black section on engine cover in back because that is one area that is hideous looking and a CF replacement would look stunning
They've just released this:

Shame it doesn't cover all the OEM part, maybe there are trademark issues with the PORSCHE name. May get my engine cover painted body colour and then put this piece on top.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:30 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Pieces look great! Before they were available, these were on a UV car at the LA Autoshow in the Vendor hall

Old 06-15-2016, 06:14 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Biglife
Looks AMAZING. Very tempting... What product did you use to get that phenomenal shine?
The finish was extremely glossy to begin with. We just use Meguiar's Quik Detailer as needed. If there's any further questions you have, just let me know.

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Originally Posted by GT3ZZZ
They've just released this:

Shame it doesn't cover all the OEM part, maybe there are trademark issues with the PORSCHE name. May get my engine cover painted body color and then put this piece on top.
I actually like the partial cover, can certainly see where you are coming from though. Your idea may actually be pretty spot on. As highlighted the TechArt rear cover is brand new, it will be exciting to see one in person.

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Pieces look great! Before they were available, these were on a UV car at the LA Autoshow in the Vendor hall
Very interesting! Appreciate the real-world close-up shots. You can certainly tell they are not TechArt, but neat nonetheless.

Last edited by gmgracing; 06-15-2016 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:58 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Should have come from factory this way. Nice pieces
Old 06-15-2016, 10:49 PM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gmgracing
The finish was extremely glossy to begin with. We just use Meguiar's Quik Detailer as needed. If there's any further questions you have, just let me know.

I actually like the partial cover, can certainly see where you are coming from though. Your idea may actually be pretty spot on. As highlighted the TechArt rear cover is brand new, it will be exciting to see one in person.

Very interesting! Appreciate the real-world close-up shots. You can certainly tell they are not TechArt, but neat nonetheless.
Yeah, they looked nice, but definitely not OEM quality, they were just factory pieces with CF layed over them so they looked slightly chunky. But you could tell if they were molded pieces of high quality, they'd look fantastic! It's too bad that Techart didnt do the full rear grill as a one piece molded unit because I'm sure their quality would be excellent and look fantastic. The other pieces, rocker, rear, front and fender lip pieces actually also looked very nice in CF
Originally Posted by porscheflat6
Should have come from factory this way. Nice pieces
Absolutely agree!!
Old 06-16-2016, 10:19 AM
bill357
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what is the pricing on these parts?
Old 06-16-2016, 11:07 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

The only thing TechArt got wrong with them IMO was making it so you have to glue them in. I'm not a fan of things that aren't easy to reverse to keep the car stock and that's what has kept me away.

Look great, none the less. There is a Voodoo Blue RS that had them done in NY a few months ago.
Old 06-16-2016, 03:17 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bill357
what is the pricing on these parts?
As per forum rules you are welcome to send me a message, If I post pricing on here I will be forced into Flagellantism.

Originally Posted by NateOZ
The only thing TechArt got wrong with them IMO was making it so you have to glue them in. I'm not a fan of things that aren't easy to reverse to keep the car stock and that's what has kept me away.

Look great, none the less. There is a Voodoo Blue RS that had them done in NY a few months ago.
I can certainly empathize with that, but here are a couple notes worth mulling over.

The carbon mirror components are actual replacement pieces. An easy way for a spectator to tell if they were glued over top of the existing pieces would be to look at the mating edges. If these particular mirror components were glued on there would be no way to avoid a bulging effect along those edges (hence my close-up shot of the mirror's underside).

The grill slats and the rear air intake vents are overlays as you say, however, that does not change the fact they are still removable as a unit. If one felt the need, he could purchase (or trade for) replacement factory pieces and have them simply swapped back in.

Suum cuique pulchrum est.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:40 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 69 Posts

I love the way that carbon looks!

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582