Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BilStein B8 + M033 - expert on suspension, help

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 08:08 PM
skl2
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 150 Posts

@ nine9six - thanks! enjoying getting it dialed in the way I want it....pretty much like yours is dialed in!

PC - the first pic you posted...right below the suspension perch there are two black rotating collars with notches in them. The smaller diameter collar (if the pic were right side up...it would be the one on the bottom) is used to "lock" against the other collar and keep the spring perch from rotating down. What I did was completely remove the smaller diameter (lower) collar and then spun the larger collar down until it stopped (ran out of threads). That will get it as low as it goes in the front...then adjust rear accordingly - which I sent you pics showing mine.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:19 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by Pc007
Thanks guys!!

Foxman, thanks, your car looks amazing, does it have a front splinter? My thoughts on the 993 is that the front doesn't matches the back in aesthetic terms...but yours look different... The front of your setup seems way to high...if you lower a bit it will stay more balanced.

Thanks guys
PC007, Yes the car came from the factory with the full aero kit. Never thought I'd go for the tail, but I've really grown to like the look with the front air dam. I posted a photo below from last Fall when the car was at SUV height. I'm also posting a pic of my other car equipped with Uwe Gemballa suspension - it rides surprisingly well on the road (so long as you don't run into any construction with raised structures), but performs best on a well paved track.

I track my other car and keep this one largely stock. The softer suspension and taller ride height seems better suited for daily driving. But seeing you car and Ski2's (beautiful blue with the MY02's!) has convinced me to lower the car some more.

Cheers!

Uwe Gemballa suspension
Old 06-07-2016, 01:11 PM
Pc007
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 911F1
How come every time I see a 993 photo shot directly from the side, the front wheels look like they have a ton of toe in. My car looks that way also. I know my toe is slightly out in the front. Do you think its the gap behind the wheel to the rear of the front fender is greater than the distance from the wheel to the bumper? It always trips me out.
Hi 911F1 its not toe, the steering wheel is locked so it's turning a little bit to the right side of the car...

Quick Reply: BilStein B8 + M033 - expert on suspension, help