Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.1 chair help? Full power hardbacks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 08:31 PM
Thedips
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 997.1 chair help? Full power hardbacks?

I was looking for new seats for my 997 and want to get hardbacks/ sport adaptives? I saw the original seat thread but saw that hardbacks for 997 had manual back adjustments. I have a 997.1 with full adjustment / and memory but no heat. Are there such a thing as full power adaptive seats? And will they just plug and play into my existing car? Which seat would I be searching for. Thanks for the help in advance
Old 05-24-2016, 08:40 PM
wc11
Race Car

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

Don't know about plug 'n' play but my sport adaptives are full power everything.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:52 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,413 Likes on 884 Posts

My adaptive sport seats have full power and heat.

I have no experience with the seat upgrade that you are considering, but it would surprise me if the new seats were plug-and-play. Porsche never makes it easy....
Old 05-24-2016, 09:11 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 88 Posts

Full power adaptive seats, hard backs, no heat....apparently not a unicorn option.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:50 AM
Thedips
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok I thought as much. Just seems like I've been looking around for seats and lots of gt3 spares without the power option. Would like to get adaptives similar to what I have now so I just assume that it would connect over, but you may be right Porsche loves to make it just a little bit harder than plug and play.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:29 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,435 Likes on 4,100 Posts

The name of the seats you seek is Adaptive Sport Plus. The Plus is what means power everything, including the air bladders for the bottom and rear side bolsters, and the controls will look like those on my seats pictured here. The 2 little switches on the front corner are for the air bladders.

If you car has power seats with memory and heat, they will truly be plug & play. If you have power everything with memory and you find seats that are the same, but also have heat, the heat elements just won't work as you wouldn't have the dash switches for the heaters, but they won't throw any codes or anything. I went from standard seats in my 997.1 (which Porsche calls Sport seats, but they're not really) to the Adaptive Sport Plus versions currently in there now. Make sure you disconnect the battery when doing the swap or you'll get an Airbag warning message that you'll need to have cleared with Durametric or PIWIS from the side airbags in both sets of seats. Also, protect the door jambs when doing the swap, as it's a little tight doing it in a coupe - if you have a cab, you can lift them out easier, but I'd still protect the door jambs.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:08 PM
SJP3003
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
The name of the seats you seek is Adaptive Sport Plus. The Plus is what means power everything, including the air bladders for the bottom and rear side bolsters, and the controls will look like those on my seats pictured here. The 2 little switches on the front corner are for the air bladders.
What Petza914 said...I swapped out my standard ("Sport") seats for Adaptive Sports that were plug and play as they had the same limited electricals. Come to think of it, it looks like we've done similar interior mods.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:14 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,435 Likes on 4,100 Posts

Originally Posted by SJP3003
What Petza914 said...I swapped out my standard ("Sport") seats for Adaptive Sports that were plug and play as they had the same limited electricals. Come to think of it, it looks like we've done similar interior mods.

Sure does - looks great. OP, the seats in this photo are the regular Adaptive Sport versions with the manual fore/aft handle and the manual height adjustment handle, but power recline. I put a set of these into my 928 Spyder as they only need a + & - connection, which makes cross-fitting them into Porsches they weren't originally intended for much easier. I CF wrapped the back on that set too.

The Adaptive Sport Plus versions give you power everything.

Quick Reply: 997.1 chair help? Full power hardbacks?