Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4 Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 01:24 AM
user1029
Drifting

Received 561 Likes on 276 Posts

$3-5k fully assembled with pistons,rods,crank,bearings, etc. Unlike Porsches, there is no Subaru luxury tax
Old 05-07-2016, 10:23 AM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 401 Likes on 200 Posts

WAZE definitely helps!
Old 05-07-2016, 10:52 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,479 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
3M ceramic 35%
Congrats to everyone! Gorgeous photos!

Uuser1029 your car looks mean!

I had an appt for 40% tint with UV. Wanted the privacy plus I like the look. I cancelled it after a discussion with a police officer friend who mentioned they generally give folks the benefit of the doubt when they can see the driver (especially a "mature" driver) but if the tint prevents them from seeing who is behind the wheel - they are more likely to stop the car.

This info made me reconsider the tint for now. I also wanted additional UV protection. I will be researching how much UV protection is provided by OEM tint, and then determine if it's worth the "risk" and expense to put on additional tint. I'm also told that I can get more UV protection without going super dark (UV protection is not determined by how dark tint is). Once I get more info I'll decide whether to tint or not.

Now if only I could drive the damn thing! This waiting is tough but made easier by the fact that I don't yet feel ready to drive....

Here are the "twins":
Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2016, 11:23 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Took home my loaded Carmine Red last night...

Old 05-07-2016, 03:17 PM
user1029
Drifting

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
Thanks

I look like a total geek which is why I have tint so my appearance doesn't detract away from the car's

Performed some paint correction today since it had some scratches from delivery. Now Eddie thank you for your concern about me trying to keep my sanity with maintaining a black car. I've already told the doctor to double my dose of SSRIs for my OCD last week

Name:  IMG_3799.png
Views: 359
Size:  1.30 MB
Old 05-07-2016, 03:23 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

[QUOTE=A911SUV;13266682]Took home my loaded Carmine Red last night...

[IMG]https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlist.com-vbulletin/2000x1250/80-image_e48885fbb85fa7

Congrats- Color looks great
Old 05-07-2016, 06:25 PM
FrugalB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A911SUV

Whats it "loaded" with?
Old 05-07-2016, 07:59 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by FrugalB
Whats it "loaded" with?
Since you asked.... loaded per my preferences plus the OEM fire extinguisher as a "we owe" since they forgot to add it onto the order and it was too late already.
Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2016, 09:46 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by user1029
$3-5k fully assembled with pistons,rods,crank,bearings, etc. Unlike Porsches, there is no Subaru luxury tax
Lol I was referring to that monster cnc machine

I had an appt for 40% tint with UV. Wanted the privacy plus I like the look. I cancelled it after a discussion with a police officer friend who mentioned they generally give folks the benefit of the doubt when they can see the driver (especially a "mature" driver) but if the tint prevents them from seeing who is behind the wheel - they are more likely to stop the car.

This info made me reconsider the tint for now. I also wanted additional UV protection. I will be researching how much UV protection is provided by OEM tint, and then determine if it's worth the "risk" and expense to put on additional tint. I'm also told that I can get more UV protection without going super dark (UV protection is not determined by how dark tint is). Once I get more info I'll decide whether to tint or not.

Now if only I could drive the damn thing! This waiting is tough but made easier by the fact that I don't yet feel ready to drive....

Here are the "twins":
I am going to do the 3m crystline down the road
It seems to offer the heat and uv protection and isn't dark

Originally Posted by A911SUV

Beautiful photo
Thanks

I look like a total geek which is why I have tint so my appearance doesn't detract away from the car's

Performed some paint correction today since it had some scratches from delivery. Now Eddie thank you for your concern about me trying to keep my sanity with maintaining a black car. I've already told the doctor to double my dose of SSRIs for my OCD last week

Bud one of the best polishes I have used is the groits boss perfection cream with a da polisher
Old 05-07-2016, 09:56 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,479 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
I am going to do the 3m crystline down the road
It seems to offer the heat and uv protection and isn't dark
Thanks. I will check into this.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:56 PM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 101 Posts

Thanks

User- I'm like you, OCD about black paint. So OCD, I'm CDO (has to be in alphabetical order My last black Porsche was a launch 997 and it drove me so nuts that I have a full section in my garage with different size buffers and pads and polishes, compounds, sealants, painters tape, etc.

This time I got my entire car wrapped in Xpel. After paint correction it was $4k and no swirls, no scratches, looks amazing and LOW maintenance black paint.
Old 05-07-2016, 10:54 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Crystalline 40 is a great choice. Did it on my last 2 cars and when my GT4 arrives next week will also be done. In my opinion, one of the best on the market. Not cheap nor easy to apply according to many
Old 05-08-2016, 12:30 AM
user1029
Drifting

Originally Posted by Carcam
User- I'm like you, OCD about black paint. So OCD, I'm CDO (has to be in alphabetical order My last black Porsche was a launch 997 and it drove me so nuts that I have a full section in my garage with different size buffers and pads and polishes, compounds, sealants, painters tape, etc.

This time I got my entire car wrapped in Xpel. After paint correction it was $4k and no swirls, no scratches, looks amazing and LOW maintenance black paint.
I'll see how bad my OCD will act up, right now it is under control

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
L
Bud one of the best polishes I have used is the groits boss perfection cream with a da polisher
nice I'll check it out Current I'm using Meguiar's 105 for deep scratches and Poor Boy SSR1 for light ones
Old 05-08-2016, 09:23 AM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are the "twins":
Great pair of twins

Here's the chart I used when deciding between 3M Color Stable or paying about $125 more for 3M Crystalline. I went with 35% Color Stable and I love it.
Here's two pics I have on my phone.

Old 05-08-2016, 09:59 AM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 401 Likes on 200 Posts

50% VL all around for me but 90% on the front. Wanted it "cool" but not dark as Roscoe is JBM.

Quick Reply: GT4 Picture Thread