Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Delete.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 07:44 PM
LateBraking
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I've dealt with Gert a bit, he's great. But 12 week lead times from Germany, so I'm trying to see if I can luck out with something locally.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:36 PM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 59 Posts

+1 for hard motorsport. And CAE is hands down the best shifter you can buy. I went from numeric to CAE and the difference was huge. Not a nice clean fit like the Numeric, but it did not bother me. I would get the little carbon cover so you dont have to trim your factory shifter surround.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:47 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 369 Likes on 204 Posts

I have the CAE and have both E88 on my 997 and can get them from BBS Motorsports and helped Tye with the BBS Monoblock in both Narrow and Wide body fitment.

Old 04-13-2016, 10:08 PM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

OP am not sure what you're looking if it's to save a few bucks but Hard Motorsport was spot on. I've spent hundreds of thousands on my build and the CAE shifter ranks as one of the best money spent.
As I've said before all other shifters are toys in comparison.

Ranger
Old 04-13-2016, 10:09 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 369 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by RSRanger
OP am not sure what you're looking if it's to save a few bucks but Hard Motorsport was spot on. I've spent hundreds of thousands on my build and the CAE shifter ranks as one of the best money spent.

Ranger
Agree with Ranger here, CAE is like a rifle bolt and nearly impossible to miss shift unless you're trying to...
Old 04-13-2016, 10:35 PM
LateBraking
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RSRanger

Ranger
It's not cost-saving, it's time-related. I just didn't want to post it on a forum lest it be misunderstood. My concerns are coming true and there seems to be some misunderstandings already. I'd like to make it clear that I have nothing against Hard. In fact, Hard was the first vendor I turned to when considering a CAE, and has been responsive to all my calls and inquiries.

Regardless, this will be my last post in this thread and the last time I open/read it. I've gotten my answers: a number of people who have been of great help to me with the BBS, and I know that no one can help me with the CAE. Thank you all for your time and help. If anyone wants to talk related to this thread any further, please reach out to me via PM. Thanks.

Last edited by LateBraking; 04-13-2016 at 11:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Delete.