Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Carrera S Ducktail Build 991.2 (FREE to FIRST CUSTOMER)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,337 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by robbie9999
Penn - here we go lol ! Let me guess I work for them ? I'm related to them ? Oh wait I was once going to a destination and was at the airport, Beau was going to another destination, are elbows touched crossing paths making us partners in crime ? LOL. Grow up sunshine ! Do you have anyone specifically with paperwork and proof and a legitimate claim ? Or do you jump on bandwagons ? Maybe this person is what you say, maybe not ? How do "you" know. I see postings of people slamming him and other manufactures without real proof ? I'm part of HotRod and Muscle car forums and people are not half as rude towards others in their postings nor do they slam each other. It's great to be cognizant of reputable and non reputable people, agree. No matter perhaps you can get me banned, man oh man I know this can't be Porsche owners mentality .. thank you again for the heads up about Beau, I'll take it with a grain on salt though. In the interim, perhaps all of us sitting behind computers and imposing are 10 second responses of anger can think with reason. Judge for yourselves not through others. This guy rips me off I would take legal action through my cousin. Do I know he will, no because I have yet to deal with him. No worries next response " yeah this guy works for him " "yup 100% he's a mole" LMAO
So your answer is that all the complaints about them are just a vendetta against an exemplary vendor just being slammed and misunderstood. Fortunately we do get to reach out via the Internet to find out about the integrity of vendors. Take a look on this forum and you will see plenty of vendors that the majority of forum members have nothing but positive feedback. That's the way things are done now so most don't have to suffer the consequences of bad workmanship.

Don't get your feelings hurt because you backed a bad horse. You want to use them, go for it. Let's us know how you do.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 330 Likes on 204 Posts

I think you're missing the point, the members of this forum are recommending you stay away from a vendor that has proven time and again to be less than quality. If you want to argue with them and defend what is clearly a shady operation that is your loss.

What you see as a bandwagon the rest of us see as a warning to stay away...
Old 04-05-2016, 01:49 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
I think you're missing the point, the members of this forum are recommending you stay away from a vendor that has proven time and again to be less than quality. If you want to argue with them and defend what is clearly a shady operation that is your loss.
+1

Don't refer them to a poor clueless owner who could have their car jacked up. Robbie, if you're that confident with them I have no problem you taking your car there. Giving a glowing review to a hack job chop shop isn't taken well here.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:02 PM
Highyo
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Penn - here we go lol ! Let me guess I work for them ? I'm related to them ? Oh wait I was once going to a destination and was at the airport, Beau was going to another destination, are elbows touched crossing paths making us partners in crime ? LOL. Grow up sunshine !

Do you have anyone specifically with paperwork and proof and a legitimate claim ? Or do you jump on bandwagons ? Maybe this person is what you say, maybe not ? How do "you" know. I see postings of people slamming him and other manufactures without real proof ?
I'm part of HotRod and Muscle car forums and people are not half as rude towards others in their postings nor do they slam each other. It's great to be cognizant of reputable and non reputable people, agree. No matter perhaps you can get me banned, man oh man I know this can't be Porsche owners mentality .. thank you again for the heads up about Beau, I'll take it with a grain on salt though. In the interim, perhaps all of us sitting behind computers and imposing are 10 second responses of anger can think with reason. Judge for yourselves not through others. This guy rips me off I would take legal action through my cousin. Do I know he will, no because I have yet to deal with him.

No worries next response " yeah this guy works for him " "yup 100% he's a mole" LMAO
i can't wait to read the review post install
Old 04-05-2016, 02:37 PM
go.illini
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 04-05-2016, 02:41 PM
X2Board
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

The reviews certainly kept me away. I was looking for a ducktail spoiler, and lo and behold, the original Porsche part can be purchased from Suncoast, for less money than Wicked's aftermarket version.

Suncoast Ducktail

Wicked Ducktail

Which would you rather have?
Old 04-05-2016, 02:43 PM
robbie9999
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Penn Vise and StG - agree with you, it turns out this place doesn't do what was scoped and in time in budget, then I will raise hell and place a war cry bigger than Arnold in Predator, and i will open up a separate post titled "Let me have it" only to type "agree" on every one of the comments !

@Goillini - I so don't want to get ripped off after your pic of the popcorn, nice pic LMAO !!!
Old 04-05-2016, 03:11 PM
STG
Race Director

Penn Vise and StG - agree with you, it turns out this place doesn't do what was scoped and in time in budget, then I will raise hell and place a war cry bigger than Arnold in Predator, and i will open up a separate post titled "Let me have it" only to type "agree" on every one of the comments !

@Goillini - I so don't want to get ripped off after your pic of the popcorn, nice pic LMAO !!!
Raise all the hell you want. You'll be just another person hearing "should have listened to us".

Promoting a company who has ripped off many people is a disservice to this forum and it's great members. Might as well suggest they walk off a cliff.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Dodaleca
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 46 Posts

Waiting for factory package as I wouldn't trust anything that hasn't been aerodynamically proven in a windtunnel for things like stability, drag, lift, etc. plus mechanical things like engine cooling.

An exact duplicate of the factory package might be acceptable though.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,337 Likes on 753 Posts

Good luck Robbie.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Guys there is a good reason that the new 991.2 does not come with a factory option of ducktail as the new turbo motor needs the wing element to act as a channel to force air into the intercoolers. Unlike the Turbo and Turbo S models the standard cars have no large intakes to channel air to the intercoolers. The car will lose 80 hp according to Porsche without this set up and cause overheating issues. The wing has different height settings depending on the heat the car is experiencing. The highest setting looks like an air brake has been deployed! Don't change the spoiler out guys....

Old 04-05-2016, 04:48 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
By any chance, is your name Beau?
lol

trying to find the emoticon that has the smiley poking something dead with a stick.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:15 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Penn - here we go lol ! Let me guess I work for them ? I'm related to them ? Oh wait I was once going to a destination and was at the airport, Beau was going to another destination, are elbows touched crossing paths making us partners in crime ? LOL. Grow up sunshine !

Do you have anyone specifically with paperwork and proof and a legitimate claim ? Or do you jump on bandwagons ? Maybe this person is what you say, maybe not ? How do "you" know. I see postings of people slamming him and other manufactures without real proof ?
I'm part of HotRod and Muscle car forums and people are not half as rude towards others in their postings nor do they slam each other. It's great to be cognizant of reputable and non reputable people, agree. No matter perhaps you can get me banned, man oh man I know this can't be Porsche owners mentality .. thank you again for the heads up about Beau, I'll take it with a grain on salt though. In the interim, perhaps all of us sitting behind computers and imposing are 10 second responses of anger can think with reason. Judge for yourselves not through others. This guy rips me off I would take legal action through my cousin. Do I know he will, no because I have yet to deal with him.

No worries next response " yeah this guy works for him " "yup 100% he's a mole" LMAO
Do you have evidence to the same stating that they have made something that is of quality?
Old 04-05-2016, 05:23 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by X2Board
The reviews certainly kept me away. I was looking for a ducktail spoiler, and lo and behold, the original Porsche part can be purchased from Suncoast, for less money than Wicked's aftermarket version.

Suncoast Ducktail

Wicked Ducktail

Which would you rather have?

I'd go with Wicked based on the epic fitment displayed on their own website. That panel gap looks so much more quality than the panels on my factory car. Who could ever provide quantitative suckage when a company markets such quality on their own website?

Old 04-05-2016, 05:27 PM
STG
Race Director

Ask these guys what they think

Quick Reply: 2017 Carrera S Ducktail Build 991.2 (FREE to FIRST CUSTOMER)