Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Carrera S Ducktail Build 991.2 (FREE to FIRST CUSTOMER)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 10:40 AM
robbie9999
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2017 Carrera S Ducktail Build 991.2 (FREE to FIRST CUSTOMER)

Hi Guys, trying to get manufacturers to build new generation ducktail for 991.2. With it being Turbo changes needs to be taken to ensure its fitment quality, as well as functionality.

Ask here is does anyone live in the Canoga Park, California area? If so Beau from wicked motor sports, link attached, would need your 2017 to work with for the day, they will fit the old ducktail (2012-2016) to see fitment, then look at what needs to be changed or molded on their spoiler, to work for the 991.2. He has told me that the person willing to provide the car for the day gets the first ducktail for free!

Beau 818 426 3909
http://www.wickedmotorworks.com/part...p?partid=10192
Old 04-05-2016, 11:07 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

These guys are clowns. I wouldn't drive my car within a block of their shop.

Wicked has the worse reputation ever. Read the forums. Not to mention, read up on how much work went into the current grill to get the correct airflow for max HP.

Put a duck on there and lose 30-50HP. Worth it??

Tell those clowns to buy a forum sponsorship if they want to advertise. They get heckled everywhere they go.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:23 AM
robbie9999
Instructor

There has not been a person who has stepped up with a receipt or real work order to defy your claim, I have no horse in this race, not affiliated or know them personally. Beau is more than willing to challenge any claim. Seems that slamming anyone or something with no actual real proof on the interweb has become the norm. And this is not workmanship that costs anything out of pocket, it's free.

Reviewed the 991.2 and the power that comes from it, you will not lose HP. I have seen the car and know how the system works it's not rocket science. There are already companies out there, TechArt for one building spoilers for the 991.2 (not my taste this blue one) Be it the OEM spoiler, or the aftermarket ones, the idea is to leave the existing grill cover and have the vents still take in air. Simple for manufactures of ducktails

Last edited by robbie9999; 04-05-2016 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Picture to Add
Old 04-05-2016, 11:32 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,014 Posts

There is a reason why Porsche is not building the SD or duck tail for the 991.2. My understanding is that there are cooling issues associated with adding a duck tail.

Perhaps Porsche is still developing/designing a workable solution but until we understand the design basis for their decision, we shouldn't trust any aftermarket solution.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,183 Likes on 710 Posts

Originally Posted by robbie9999

There has not been a person who has stepped up with a receipt or real work order to defy your claim, I have no horse in this race, not affiliated or know them personally. Beau is more than willing to challenge any claim. Seems that slamming anyone or something with no actual real proof on the interweb has become the norm. And this is not workmanship that costs anything out of pocket, it's free.

Reviewed the 991.2 and the power that comes from it, you will not lose HP. I have seen the car and know how the system works it's not rocket science. There are already companies out there, TechArt for one building spoilers for the 991.2 (not my taste this blue one) Be it the OEM spoiler, or the aftermarket ones, the idea is to leave the existing grill cover and have the vents still take in air. Simple for manufactures of ducktails
By any chance, is your name Beau?
Old 04-05-2016, 11:40 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

TechArt is a legitimate aftermarket company. Much like a designer store on 5th Avenue.

Wicked is the Times Square Nigerian bootleg of anything that can be sold.

Comparing the two??
Old 04-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Vise
Drifting

Received 323 Likes on 198 Posts

Dude do you know how to Google? Spend 15 mins and search for Wicked Motorworks... you'll see enough pretty quickly to recognize it is not somewhere you should trust with your Porsche.

Here is just one example but there are many, many more...

Horrible experience with Wicked Motor Works

Says alot that they are offering this for free too, anyone willing to trust their $100k+ car with these jokers deserves what is coming to them. I'd suggest you enjoy your 991.2 and wait for either Porsche or a legit aftermarket company to develop a ducktail solution... or if not feasible get a 991.1.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:56 AM
robbie9999
Instructor

@Porsche Nuts - Really ? Come on mate, bit childish no ? Just someone trying to sort out a proper tail, seems really funny how certain people need to blast others. Is there a stake in it for some to do so ? It's one thing to have quantitative proof and yet another to play bully on the interweb. Why not have a disposition of perhaps seeing what people can make, invent, and produce ? Anyways there are positive people on the forum, and positive inventive people will get things sorted. As per TechArt if your willing to pay posh pricing for there 991.2 spoiler do so, not my cup of team. As well I'm in Toronto mate, perhaps you want my blood type as well ? LOL
Old 04-05-2016, 11:59 AM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$3k profit on a $500 part. Porsche would have already offered it.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:03 PM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

@Porsche Nuts - Really ? Come on mate, bit childish no ? Just someone trying to sort out a proper tail, seems really funny how certain people need to blast others. Is there a stake in it for some to do so ? It's one thing to have quantitative proof and yet another to play bully on the interweb. Why not have a disposition of perhaps seeing what people can make, invent, and produce ? Anyways there are positive people on the forum, and positive inventive people will get things sorted. As per TechArt if your willing to pay posh pricing for there 991.2 spoiler do so, not my cup of team. As well I'm in Toronto mate, perhaps you want my blood type as well ? LOL
Are they going to rent time in a wind tunnel?
Old 04-05-2016, 12:09 PM
robbie9999
Instructor

Merlin - that's actually a good point ! hmmmm probably not ...
Old 04-05-2016, 12:18 PM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

Are they ready to accept the liability of high speed stability?
Old 04-05-2016, 12:28 PM
gbree
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

As others stated, Wicked produces cheap parts with terrible fitment. It would be a shame for someone to put these parts on such a nice car.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:44 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,330 Likes on 750 Posts

Merlin - that's actually a good point ! hmmmm probably not ...
You were asked to Google Wicked? Did you? How much great feedback did you see if you did? You say they are being slammed on the web with no proof. The forums are littered with members who went through hell with them. Either you are a shill for Wicked or naive and did not do your homework. Either way you sure don't listen to advice.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:06 PM
robbie9999
Instructor

Penn - here we go lol ! Let me guess I work for them ? I'm related to them ? Oh wait I was once going to a destination and was at the airport, Beau was going to another destination, are elbows touched crossing paths making us partners in crime ? LOL. Grow up sunshine !

Do you have anyone specifically with paperwork and proof and a legitimate claim ? Or do you jump on bandwagons ? Maybe this person is what you say, maybe not ? How do "you" know. I see postings of people slamming him and other manufactures without real proof ?
I'm part of HotRod and Muscle car forums and people are not half as rude towards others in their postings nor do they slam each other. It's great to be cognizant of reputable and non reputable people, agree. No matter perhaps you can get me banned, man oh man I know this can't be Porsche owners mentality .. thank you again for the heads up about Beau, I'll take it with a grain on salt though. In the interim, perhaps all of us sitting behind computers and imposing are 10 second responses of anger can think with reason. Judge for yourselves not through others. This guy rips me off I would take legal action through my cousin. Do I know he will, no because I have yet to deal with him.

No worries next response " yeah this guy works for him " "yup 100% he's a mole" LMAO

Quick Reply: 2017 Carrera S Ducktail Build 991.2 (FREE to FIRST CUSTOMER)