Sponsored by:

Caliper powder coating opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 11:53 PM
Rvca3112
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Caliper powder coating opinion?

Well I've had my car for a whopping 4 months. Addressed some things with it and upgraded where I could along the way. I refuse to touch the suspension on the car since I personally feel ill never be able to out drive the suspension currently on the car. As much as I would love to lose the tire gap, it's just not in the cards.

So I'm having my turbo twists powder coated a gun metal color when I get my new tires. Now the question is should I do my brakes also. They are the traditional red but I'm more inclined to update it a bit. I have acid green calipers on my cayenne and want to do the same with my c4s. What's your guys opinions on the color on a older car?
Old 03-31-2016, 11:57 PM
Rvca3112
Rennlist Member

This is how the car sits currently...

This is the color of my calipers on my cayenne.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:04 AM
frompub2dub
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I don't think that green would go well with the Lapis Blue...it might look a little off balance. You could try painting them yellow, its close but flows a little bit better with the car overall.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:08 AM
Rvca3112
Rennlist Member

But yellow to me is reserved for carbon ceramics. And it's a bit too plain Jane for me. I guess the same argument can be said that the color is reserved for hybrids... But it's so awesome! I just don't know if I should do it or not.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:57 AM
frompub2dub
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rvca3112
But yellow to me is reserved for carbon ceramics. And it's a bit too plain Jane for me. I guess the same argument can be said that the color is reserved for hybrids... But it's so awesome! I just don't know if I should do it or not.
If you like the green than just do it...its your car haha. Worst that can happen is you'll have to repaint it if you dont like it...

Or if you have any experience with photoshop you can always take a good side picture of your car and paint the calipers the exact color you want so you can see how it could turn out before you actually commit to it
Old 04-01-2016, 02:45 AM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

As may set as we have done and installed I've got to agree with frompub2dub, nothing sets off Lapis Blue as a nice set of Speed Yellows.

I also have Acid Green on my Cayenne, and I've had Speed Yellow on a previous one. Here are some photos to help you consider, also we just did a set of Carrera II wheels in a nice Platinum finish, a color you might consider also....

Good Luck to you,

Old 04-01-2016, 08:37 AM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 245 Posts

I like the idea of a little different color, after all your car is an optional color, I say go for it.
I have Orient Red Metallic, currently black calipers.
I am going to go with a Tangerine color on skid plate and calipers.
Post some pics.

Quick Reply: Caliper powder coating opinion?