Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Rear seat removal help...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Jarg1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And the seat belts are off. Still looks OK to me though it would probably benefit from some vacuuming and brushing to reduce the imprints for the missing hardware. I temporarily removed the rear interior cover just because I could, plus I am thinking of replacing or removing the rear speakers. It doesn't look like the plastic piece for the seat backs in the center will be easy to remove. And it would be great if there was a matching color drop in carpet kit so I could remove the bottom cushions and cover the now unused holes, but I only see references to black RS pieces, and it seems they are a PITA to install.
Attached Images  
Old 10-21-2013, 10:54 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,098 Likes on 410 Posts

I just removed my rear seat pads to re-dye them black and they are a major PITA to remove. Ridonkulous! I don't understand why Porsche insisted on using so much glue on these pads...1/3 of the glue would have been sufficient. There was still enough residual adhesive left that I simply placed the pads back onto the indentation and they are plenty secure. If you plan on removing the seat pads, a good set of utility shears helps a lot. I first tried a box cutter, but the glue is too thick. With the shears, they cut the glue much quicker. Still took about 20 minutes per pad to remove.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:15 PM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Jarg1
Thanks for the detailed explanation. What an awesome forum! I'm sure the DIY will be a big help for other mechanically challenged users like myself.

I wonder if a socket in better shape will fit without your paper trick?Amazon.com: Stanley Proto J5244 3/8-Inch Drive Drag Link Socket, 11/16-Inch: Home Improvement
Thanks Jarg1 and Busta Rib. What a needlessly obscure fastener Porsche used on the rear seats backs! And the torque they applied to it was completely unecessary.

I used the drag link socket above today as mentioned. I had to grind it down so that the thickness fit the seat fastener .... But it worked.

Quick Reply: Rear seat removal help...